It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a glitch in the Matrix?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

The origin of thought is unknown. I'm not talking about the process of thought I'm talking about the idea of thought.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Are there thoughts without a brain?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The OP might be onto something. Those who "poo-poo" at the idea of the Matrix as being a medial condition of schizophrenia are not being fair. Do you remember the move "Total Recall" in which Arnold Schwarzenegger hooked up to a computer program and goes on a virtual trip to Mars? Well, I truly believe that is possible, only no one could prove that mental programming exists.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by LightofLiberty

The comments I am making are valid, someone has to point out how wrong and stupid this thread and threads like it really are. If you have a problem with me disagreeing with you, you can go and cry to the mods.

I don't see much active participation on your end.

You're trying to stir up the pot, but making yourself seem foolish. If you don't like the subject of the thread, don't bother posting a reply or reading it.
If you actually have something (like an opinion) to offer which actually adds to the discussion, offer it up.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I've thought about the OP comments quite a bit and I completely agree. Think about autistic kids. They are absolutely awesome at some things, better than anyone at their particular thing that they do (can easily be more than one thing, I'd like to add). In my personal experience, it's very much our fault as a general, "mentally healthy" populace for shunning and isolating our friends who are truly geniuses in my opinion.

I have often that of what it really means to be crazy, and I think there's a distinct difference between at least two different ways I've seen people called it. Some folks seem to be called crazy because they are seeing, hearing, saying things which are not socially comfortable, they are taboo.
Then there are people whose mind seems to have caught a dark downward spiral of a wave, where cognition and purpose are done away with.

For quite a long time we've been locking up the "insane" and throwing away the key. In America, in past times, much more literally.
history of psychiatric institutions - wiki

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I don't think so, I'd have to ask the dead. No. I think your missing the idea of thought. When I mean a thought doesn't originate in your mind, I didn't mean that the process of thinking doesn't happen with or without a brain. The idea of thought means that one is conscious of something. The origin of thought is unknown due to the fact that the Big Bang happened from an unconscious state. So everything thought in one's mind originates from a source, and that source can be traced all the way back to that unconscious state.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i believe schitzophrenic people may be experience alternate realities....unfortunately they have no ability to stay in one reality so allpossible realities may converge so that a woman may see 15th century women in her closet and realize that they shouldn't be there.....but why 15th century women? because that is what may exist in that alternate reality...

schiztophrenia may be a merging of alternate realities whereby one has a primary reality (i.e. the world one lives in) and alternate realities jumping in and out of that primary reality....

it is a theory that may or may not describe what actually goes on....i don't knowl...

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join