It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a glitch in the Matrix?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

Contemplate this for a moment. Humans view time based upon a life span of (lets say) 85 years. One day is based upon the sun, moon and our clocks. With a long life span, we view a month in a certain way. But what about a creature whose life span is 6 months? Is a day to them the same as a day to us? Or does their 6 months seem as long as our 85 years? Time (or what we call time) moves at a constant speed, but for another creature, it may SEEM different...or...if they were the most intelligent, wouldn't the example be reversed?

Einstien I *think* it was made a formula to show that time moves relatively faster as you get older because you've experienced more of it. As I've got older I feel things have got faster.

Not sure I agree with the sentiments in this thread. If you liken being schizophrenic etc to be closer with reality or seeing other parts of reality ... Then you likely think drugs have the same effect. I've had a few druggie friends I grew up with ... they're not closer to reality.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I find this thread very insulting. My sister was diagnosed with schizophrenia when she was very young (now 22). She lived her early life suffering regular night terrors and threatening voices in her head which could only be controlled by antipsychotic drugs.

She spent a lot of her teen age years in and out of therapy, psychiatric resorts and hospital. At about 20 years old, the schizophrenia began to slowly disappear and she was able to discontinue her medication.

It has been a very long battle and the determination to strive past her condition has paid off.

Trust me, there is no glitch in any matrix just a very serious psychotic condition. For anyone who thinks otherwise need to put down their book written by L. Ron Hubbard!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I read this and laughed sorry, but schizophrenia is schizophrenia, there is not conspiracy it is not evidence of some type of higher conscious it is just a very unfortunate and debilitating mental health conduction.

I actually read your reply and laughed... Rather obviously the knee jerk reaction of the impoverished ego in defense mode. So OP is suggesting that his state of mind might lie on a slightly higher plateu than yours, so what? Lets be mature about it shall we?

OP, I definitely think you might be onto something for sure... At the very least it may be possible for a condition such as Schizophrenia to make one immune to the processes of social and psychological indoctrination that we are all victims of on some level since birth.

Great thread! And very thought provoking.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by orangeZOMBIEsoda

Whilst I sympathize with your situation, please understand that there are quite a few different forms of the disease, most of which are very misunderstood by psychiatric professionals. After all, Psychiatry is still a science in its absolute infancy.

Op make some very interesting and valid points, to simply dismiss him/her so swiftly is very unwise in my view. perhaps even a little unkind and immature??

[edit on 2-7-2010 by asturel13]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

What caused the voices,what caused the night terrors.I didn't believe in demons or evil spirits until one day in the hospital I observed a young woman in a nightgown going from person to person flashing them,when she got to me she stopped I actually saw her pupils change then in a male voice from a female body the demon introduced itself,'high my name is-i forget unpronouncable latin name-hope you make it expletive' is what it said then her eyes changed again and she was off flashing again.

Your sister was lucky for some reason the novelty of tormenting her wore off.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Did any of you ever see the 7 year old girl with Schizophrenia on Oprah? She believes there is another world called Calalini.... Now, to me- it seems she is open to another dimension or something. It boggles my mind, because she was born this way. And I don't think anyone can say for sure that what she sees isn't real. Just because we can't physically see it. This topic has always fascinated me, because it's real to them- so it must be real in some way.

Here is the link to Jani's story- Jani- The 7 year old scizophrenic.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I've been lurking on this site for some time, but I suppose now would be a good time to speak up.

I too experience the "intellectual conversations" in my head, but only when I'm laying in bed before falling asleep. For me, it's almost like falling asleep with the television on or hearing people talk in the background at a restaurant. I hear these voices and I know what they are saying, but as soon as I stop to actually listen to what they are saying, it's like my memory of what they were talking about is erased and I can no longer hear them. But many times the words they use are words I wouldn't even know how to properly use in a sentence. Also, the subject matter they discuss is usually something I never fully understand. And I understand how that explanation was somewhat contradictory, but I don't know how else to explain it.

I also see visions of people, and come to think of it, the last one I saw was of Native American decent, but dressed in present day clothing. My visions start out as a kaleidoscope of mostly dark purples, blues, and greens, and then it's almost as if the mist of colors fades out and as it clears, I'm left with a person just standing there, plain as day.

This only happens to me with my eyes closed when I'm laying down to bed. I know that these aren't dreams, but I have no idea what they are.

I don't think I'm crazy. I've never been on any psychiatrist prescribed medication. Hell, I've never even been to a psychiatrist. Maybe I should??

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by asturel13

I agree 100 years ago someone with my condition was strapped naked to a chair with a hole in it to poo through and left for dead.The 'science' of psychiatry dismisses the demonic and the spirit world yet all the major worlds faiths have told us of these things for over 4000 years.

A mere 12 years ago when I was first diagnosed the drugs were absolutely dehabilitating and the hospitals not user friendly I know many with my condition in those days killed themselves in hospital in the PA where I was typical method was to jump from outside the fourth floor cage.So I agree whilst it is improving its still early days for psychiatry.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by asturel13

I agree 100 years ago someone with my condition was strapped naked to a chair with a hole in it to poo through and left for dead.The 'science' of psychiatry dismisses the demonic and the spirit world yet all the major worlds faiths have told us of these things for over 4000 years.

A mere 12 years ago when I was first diagnosed the drugs were absolutely dehabilitating and the hospitals not user friendly I know many with my condition in those days killed themselves in hospital in the PA where I was typical method was to jump from outside the fourth floor cage.So I agree whilst it is improving its still early days for psychiatry.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by dandelionlight

Since you work in the mental health field you should know that if a schizo ends up reading this thread, where people support the idea of it being a glitch, it might have severe consequences on that person's condition.

Btw: Quite a few Matrix schizos have ended up in the news after trying to fight the Matrix. I'd like you all to consider this before you continue supporting stuff like this.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

First of all, I'd like you to reconsider referring to individuals with schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorders as "schizos". Thank you.

Secondly, I did not support the OP's concept of The Matrix. I simply stated that I think that abnormal brain chemistry/wiring may indeed allow people to experience a reality that no one else can. Frankly, I find The Matrix to be Hollywood nonsense. But that doesn't mean that the reality of the neurologically-impaired indidividual is, in fact, unreality. I didn't encourage any medication or treatment vacations. I don't think my short comment would have any severe consequences. But just to be sure, here you go: My statements are opinion only, and should not take the place of the counsel of your own psychiatric team. In addition, you should not stop taking medication if it is prescribed. Better?

EDIT for misspelling

[edit on 2-7-2010 by dandelionlight]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by asturel13

Op make some very interesting and valid points, to simply dismiss him/her so swiftly is very unwise in my view. perhaps even a little unkind and immature??

immature? have you read the title of the thread? Experiencing it first hand is a painful experience I would never want to repeat.

We completely rule out idea of "hallucinating" similar to the effects of '___', Psilocybin mushrooms and '___', yet skip straight to a Glitch in the Matrix or Demons? lol.

I just don't get it sorry.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I read this and laughed

I read that and cringed. I guess I expected a more empathic response. But we all bring our life experiences into play, don't we? You and me and everybody else, all of the time.

Dear OP: You have reached out with trust, and dared to share a hope that has blossomed from within, an alternate explanation for your unconventional experiences (which must be frightening at times, considering you realize you alone perceive them.) An explanation that does not make you feel like 'damaged goods' (which is like adding insult to injury, when I think about it- first you've got the experiences to deal with, then the folks telling you it never happened and here's your label!) It seems to me, that every condition and characteristic known to man manifest in each of us, somewhere on a continuum. And (imperfect) humans set standards and benchmarks of "normalcy." Bah-humbug. Who died and put them in charge of the rules!

I am fascinated by your theory. My idea the Matrix concept is in tune with the other poster who spoke of different dimensions. There is just so much to be known, were we but more aware. No one can prove you don't have a peephole into another dimension. Keep taking your meds, but also hold fast to your dreams! "Live long and prosper." --Spockquoteofcourse

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

If you have the ability to think freely, then you have the ability to move on or insert yourself into a situation which will not make you think that you have schizoid thoughts.

Speaking to your inner self is completely sane but viewed as crazy to those that have bought into and surrendered to this "matrix" you speak of. The only thing your have to understand is that at all times, you need to be aware of what you are doing/saying and how those around you react towards you. In otherwords, these slaves and gatekeepers of the "matrix" can hold the keys to your so called sanity.

You need to read The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral mind by Julian Jaynes. Someone had mentioned this book also. If I can remember correctly the book explains that in the past we were able to use more of our brain, and in so doing, we would hear voices in our heads that were real. Jaynes concludes that the Greeks developed all their gods from these voices in their heads.

It's been years since I read this book and I don't remember all the details but I highly recommend it. It explains a lot of things that "modern" man has been mind boggled about for decades.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I read this and laughed sorry, but schizophrenia is schizophrenia, there is not conspiracy it is not evidence of some type of higher conscious it is just a very unfortunate and debilitating mental health conduction.

There are many people who share the same experience. As children they learned to suppress it because of extreme parental involvement. However later in life they begin to experience the same symptoms over again. I imagine this type of disorder can be overcome through Vipassana Meditation retreats. Perhaps even an extended 30-40 day retreat. Focus on the breath and let all thoughts bounce through your mind. You can feel better. Once your on the other side you will understand why you were experiencing that. Be mindful and don't get involved with your thoughts. I guess having that point of view that you have is a benefit for a person who wants to gain control over their mind because it motivates one, however your experience is yours to say not mine. Have a good day and live well

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dandelionlight

The King James bible refers to the firstborn being able to open the matrix and Buddhist philosophy definately provided much of the Matrixes ideas,stck matrix in the amazon search engine and there are many philosophers,cosmologists and physicists that discuss the concept in books,whilst you may think its baloney and be quite intelligent be aware many other advanced minds dont think its baloney.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
i'm late to an epic thread

a few thoughts on the op:

Originally posted by LightofLiberty
Is it a glitch in the Matrix?

ET can't resist...

it
glitch
?
? Matix

So I’ve been watching parts of the matrix and it occurred to me that perhaps schizophrenics are experiencing a glitch in their matrix. Instead of experiencing nothing out of the ordinary as most people or 99% of the population does we have experiences that are bizarre and out of this world. Of course people have odd experiences but not of this kind.

something is illogical alright. 99% of the poplulation shares more than 99.7% of the same identical dna as you and i, clone, and see how it is we are led to believe and conditioned from school on to believe we are?

how is it we are all so similiar, yet treat eachother the way we do sometimes according to the MSM outlets? (inlet is a choice).

When I experienced my first episode there was a singularity about it that I cannot explain accurately to those who have not been there.

it is the words that don't yet exist that confine the explanation.

hmm...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
delete

[edit on 2/7/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

With the schizo thing be careful you dont throw a blanket over the whole condition,just as there is breast cancer,lung cancer,leukemia and lymph cancer there are different types of schizophrenics from people who hear voices and may have the odd visual hallucination right through to catotonic.Yes there is one variety that can be violent and agressive but this is not the norm,there are others prone to self harm but this is not all of us were not all just nutters.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

I uploaded the book specially for the OP, if you want some more interesting books, U2U me and i will upload them.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by xspinx]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"I imagine this type of disorder can be overcome through Vipassana Meditation retreats. Perhaps even an extended 30-40 day retreat. Focus on the breath and let all thoughts bounce through your mind. You can feel better. Once your on the other side you will understand why you were experiencing that. Be mindful and don't get involved with your thoughts."

Do not do this!!! In Vipassana you are not allowed to speak or live any normal life during your retreat. Sit & shut up. Your mind just wont shut up . This will not work. getting to the other side! good luck dude! I've known normal thinking people to be driven crazy by vipassana.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join