It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistle blower to testify on oil spill worst fear:BP deliberately sinks oil with Corexit as cover up

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

It's because our government is so delusional that they think this oil spill can be magically fixed or will work itself out. This is like a parent allowing their kids to play around when a severe storm is approaching, and convincing themselves that the storm is still many miles away but in reality, the storm is on their door step and their kids are standing next to the only tree in the otherwise flat yard. Soon as the tree is hit, panic mode kicks in, but it's too late. This is our government's approach to this.

The sad part is, they are wrong, dead wrong, and not a damn thing those who know better can do about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

What does this have to do with the intelligence of Americans, your just a punk sitting at your computer. Americans have been shouting from the rooftops dillweed, but who's listening...It seems certain vested interests foreign and domestic don't give a flying **** what we think and we got a lame duck president that is all ghetto and no brains and he's not American, he's not like us

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

No Wait,

The EPA is banning a product to used, but it's still being made in the
good ol' USA. Surely, if you were going to Ban something from being
used you would at least Ban your own Country from making it in the
first place.

But then, Nalco make more than 4 Bills by selling the stuff, of which the
government gets a sizeable tax return from. So one part of the
Government allows them to make it and sell it, and another department
doesn't want you to use it.

Enviroment or Money, Enviroment or Money, Enviroment or Money
Mmmm, I'll go with Money for $10 thanks Bob.

It's just like Cigarette, Alcohol, Electricity.
The Governments want you to use less, but they still want the Tax
dollars from it. Without the Cigarette, Alcohol tax dollars the Govt
would be seriously handicapped finacially.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cougar2
Sad part is John_Doe, is that these are the types of mindsets leading the government and making the decisions... Aka the know-it alls. They honestly think that our government would back down or take into consideration group of people against them, and not use "force."

I am still shocked that some people are blaming the Americans for not doing something. Reminds me of a time when I was a kid who organized a fight between this bully, a friend of mine, and myself. When it came time for the fight, I found out my friend told the bully about what I was up to and made a deal with the bully to fight with him against me. Needless to say we stopped being friends and almost fought. Point being, even the biggest group of people against the government will turn on the group... Just a matter of when.

I had to quote and give a star to this.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Too funny. The minute a crowd forms they would be outta there so fast. Who would we throw out? The housekeeping staff they would most likely leave to face the crowds? No. Americans are not stupid. Riots are not and have never been effective.

Riots are effective... both the russian and the french revolution started with a riot

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by asianeko

Thanks for the video.

I still want to know if this guy is going to go before the house sub committee or whoever. I do not think it will happen now that they heard all the "proof" or lack thereof on Anderson's show.

That's also why BP didn't answer the charges.. this guy has no hard proof.. If BP were to answer this then they would be in the news saying " this or that" but now there is no face of BP to put to these charges.. plausible deny-ability.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow. To thiink that we could possibly only see the full result of this spill within a few 'life cycles', is worrying. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of BP and let real experts try their hand on this one.
Great post

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Yes, America is stupid! We should demand that BP quit using dispersant on the oil, period. How are we supposed to pick up the oil if it has been dispersed?

Also, the Obama administration did not create this problem so you really should place the blame where it belongs, on out of control corporations.

The only ones that are out of control are the most backward rednecks, the Republican party and the Tea Party movement, all of which are one in the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Also, the Obama administration did not create this problem so you really should place the blame where it belongs, on out of control corporations.

The only ones that are out of control are the most backward rednecks, the Republican party and the Tea Party movement, all of which are one in the same.

What a ridiculous statement of epic proportions!
Firstly there are alot of independants and liberals in the tea parties.

Secondly, Obama very much supports the neocon agenda
He's not only continuing Bush's wars he's expanding it into the entire middle east.

What is wrong with this world?
Obama attacked Pakistan on his first day and attacked Yemen too and people say it's Bush's war?
What a load of bullocks!

He's extending the war into the entire middle east, he even supplied white phosphorus to Israel which they used on gaza.

Disgusting!!!!!!!!!

Out of control corporations control this out of control president.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
RE: ModernAcademia

Corexit is a SAPONIFIER of some sort. Deductive reasoning and basic chemistry would indicate the spraying of COREXIT to a likeness of spraying an airborne chemical equivalent of LYE in the air. Firefighters use something similar to fight oil based leaks and gas fueled fires. Soap hobbyists know this property well also.

LYE is classified as a hazardous material, and COREXIT would be also in order to have the properties and abilities to act as such.

Unless you have felt the suffocating effect it has, you are doing harm by minimizing its perceived hazards. We need to know more, not less.

I was sick for a week after Corexit was sprayed. My neighbor was hospitalized, and his Dr could not diagnose his condition. Numerous friends, neighbors, and acquaintances in my area reported feeling sick as well. It's difficult to assess as the symptoms are easily confused with other maladies; like stomach flu or fatigue.

The hazards of Benzene fumes need to be better understood also. The chemistry and behavior of Benzene needs to be broken down into where the real risk is? C2 thru C9...to Xylene; the public safety needs to be reassured. There are not very many air measurements being taken?

This is a result of poor Chemistry education in our school system. Those with some rudimentary Chemistry are all aware of this possible threat. It was intentional as our parents and the establishment didn't want us little kiddies to know too much about volatile and hazardous substances, now did they? Censorship breeds ignorance.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
how the hell did this thread get derailed into this endless and off topic discussion

i've been trying to keep up to date with this whistleblower since i know for fact he is telling the truth: bp is interested in sinking the oil so it is out of view and they don't have to pay for the damage

however, there are more fingers on both my hands than people commenting in this thread actually discussing things relevant to the original post

thank you to the person who added the video a page or so back as well as the link to bussiness week news . com website article

i assume if bp can get away with the murder they are commiting in the gulf currently ( my backyard basically ) and the economical stress they are adding to the region as well as the country as a whole, then ultimately this one person should be easy enough for them to quell ( based on the fact they have our PRESIDENT in their back pocket, this whistleblower should be no problem for them to 'handle' )

anyways, thanks to the people staying on topic, i could not find any news links on google to follow this story ( go figure ) except this here and here

still looking to follow this story, of course

peace

[edit on 7/2/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

Too funny. The minute a crowd forms they would be outta there so fast. Who would we throw out? The housekeeping staff they would most likely leave to face the crowds? No. Americans are not stupid. Riots are not and have never been effective.

French Revolution was not successful?

Riots are very effective if enough people are in on it.

But in these societies, what good would it do? Lets play with the idea that the people take the power back and throw out the government. Whats the next move?

Without government, who would run things?

Its just not possible today to have a french revolution... there is nobody to put the country back together who wouldnt get assassinated by the secret societies.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes we should riot. Do you see anything else working. Forget
elected politicians. After elected, they become the enemy of
the people. Band together to wipe out tyranny.
Take back what is ours. Can only be done with a show of power in
numbers. The joke of a gov laughs at conspiracy theories, but
they themselves are conspiring against the people.

Let the revolution begin!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Yes, America is stupid! We should demand that BP quit using dispersant on the oil, period. How are we supposed to pick up the oil if it has been dispersed?

Remember BP has to pay a $4000 fine to the US government for every barrel of oil collected.

It's much better for their bottom line if they can sink as much oil as possible. BP does not care if people get sick. They can spend the next 10-15 years (or longer) litigating in court against those sickened by the dispersant's, oil, etc. BP is weighing short-term versus long-term cost's and proceeding accordingly. Much better to spread loses out over time then to be hit all at once.

It is obscene a but I'm confident that is what is happening.

IMHO I think BP and our government know that this is a disaster of epic proportions. I think they know if these relief wells fail that the Gulf of Mexico and the coast will be a dead zone so it won't really matter.

The governments job has always been to keep people from panicking. Their current goal is to minimize and downplay this disaster as much as possible.

Just look how every week the official amount of barrels being gushed per day increases. BP was saying at first that only 5k barrels per day were spilling, I think the official amount is up to 60k barrels. We've had people saying 100k or more a month ago.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by lucentenigma]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I live on the Gulf of Mexico. My eyes itch. I have a lingering headache. I can't wear my contacts because they become blown through in the center. It is more horrible than you can imagine.
Very horrifying to be here in my studio surrounded by noxious poisonous fumes, fourteen miles from the Gulf of Mexico.
God help us.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have been saying all along, it is not the oil I can see that has me worried, it is what is missing. There is a reason Panama City Beach hasn't seen oil yet......

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So i like many others are curious to know, did this guy ever testify?
been a couple of days with no response it would be nice to know what came of all this or if he "dissapeared" any info would be greatly appreciated.

CorExit 9500A impact and effects.

I found this article and its video links very informative, it gives alot of information on corexit and its effects on the environment and ecosystem.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkinine

Page 6 has video of his CNN interview and some information of his talks in Washington.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This video is related very much - to what will be revealed by the whistleblower - As a newbie I am unable to start a new thread with this video , in case anyone else would like to, please do.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by above

Originally posted by ohioriver
No Americans are not truly stupid! What would you have us do? Our government is out of control and even the most backward redneck here knows it. Should we riot like the Greeks(sarcasm)? We all see how well that turned out. Most Americans are going to fight back through their wallets and votes.
This must be one of the most ignorant posts here

If truly most americans and even the rednecks knew it, then yeah, you should gather up, walk to the white house, and throw them out. When the army/police says no, you take to your guns. You outnumber them 100000:1, so it should not be that hard.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by above]
Ummm, is that one hundred thousand to one and where do you get your statistics I wonder. Also, what movie did you watch where everyone gathered at the white house at the same time and did what you describe? I would love to see that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join