It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Planed to Abolish Safety Watchdog 4 Years Ago!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Right guys forgive me if this has already been uploaded but i found this today. Don’t know if it should go under braking news, or the oil spill forum but because its concerning BP am sticking it in here anyway.

According to CNN “BP has been trying to shut down an internal safety watchdog agency it set up under congressional pressure four years ago, according to sources close to the office and a leading congressman.” And that there have been35 complaints regarding “system integrity or safety issues" that the office says are extremely serious.

edition.cnn.com...

i have not really been following the BP stuff on ATS to closely lately however I thought some of you would find this story interesting. Please shear your thoughts on this story with the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah, lol, I posted a link to this same article in a safety/whistle-blower thread a while ago to keep the number of threads (and confusion) low, and as always it shows up shortly as a new thread posted by someone else. Happens all the time.
Some of these threads around here should be combined to keep things from sinking to the bottom and to keep the confusion low.

Anyhow, ya know, safety regulations are great if things were standardized all around the planet. We can heap a bunch more safety regulation onto oil companies, but what good does it do if they can simply sail away to less regulated waters. We need a law that prohibits doing business with dangerous companies operating elsewhere in the world if any of this is going to do any good.

new topics

join