It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Testing Dangerous Drug to 'Prevent' Lesbianism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Doctor Testing Dangerous Drug to 'Prevent' Lesbianism?

Wow this is just ridiculous...

Afraid your daughter may be queer, or not be interested in becoming a mom? Medical researchers think they have a cure for her -- a dangerous steroid you take while pregnant.

Dr. Maria New has a new strategy for treating unborn fetuses: the use of a potentially dangerous steroid aimed at preventing a rare congenital disorder that affects the adrenal gland, potentially consigning the future child to a lifetime regime of drugs.

It also prevents "some of the symptoms of [this disorder] in girls, namely ambiguous genitalia. Because the condition causes overproduction of male hormones in the womb, girls who are affected tend to have genitals that look more male than female, though internal sex organs are normal."

Dr. New offers pregnant women dexamethasone, a risky steroid aimed at female fetuses that may have this disorder. Many exposed to dexamethasone through this off-label use are not being enrolled in controlled clinical trials.

And yes, it gets worse. As columnist Dan Savage points out, Dr. New is also exploring the use of dexmethasone's effects on future fetuses' desires to explore "male careers" or have disinterest in becoming mothers.

Source

What?!?! Yeah let's inject drugs into unborn female children to make sure they will be more 'womanly' - GIVE ME A BREAK!

Messing around with a fetus is not right - at least while it's still in the mothers body! (lets keep the debate about stem cells out of this thread please)

Anyway this article

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This has already been posted.

I agree though!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Jonko]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonko

I literally searched for 'prevent lesbianism' and nothing came up... why does the search never work for me?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
For sure I don't want this drug. I am quite happy being a woman, trapped in a nan's body. I am, definetly happy being a lesbian with s msn's woohoo. Do you realize how many chicks you can pick up being this particular sort of devieance from the norm?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This seems as if the majority of mainstream pharma is against it, so we haven't much to worry about. See:

www.thehastingscenter.org...
www.time.com...
slog.thestranger.com...

top topics

join