It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K get rid of unnecessary laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA

Originally posted by Tomb_Raven

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA

It is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls of York, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow

lol a good one to keep in mind if you see gordon brown in york
(jk)

~TR~

I like gordon brown..

.need to find similar law for Mr Blair though..any ideas? hmm maybe I can pick up some tips for planting evidence from the Davis Kelly files if they can be released after the stitch up from Lord Hutton.

I'm pretty sure Blair's a Scot too, just doesn't have the accent/was brought up in England.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

I hate to re itterate but....

You're missing a HUGE point about the way the world works, especially in the UK..........

We live in a world which is more akin to a play than reality. What we see before us, what we are told to make our opinions on and take our education from is 99% a front, a farce, a mask covering the true way the world works. The papers, the news on TV, the televised political debates... These are not to be looked at as a serious, genuine event, they are not what they seem to be, they are a distraction... a magnet pulling us away from the truth.

Now, if the website was more like this:
"Bilderbergs, Rothschilds, Leeman Brothers admit to evil controlling ways, they have seen the light and want to put our world into a better place. They have seen the error of their ways... And they want to know what YOU the public beleive is the way forward."

Then I would be looking at it with a pinch of hope.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

unless of course (lets just assume
) the world doesnt work that way?
2nd line

~TR~

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomb_Raven

unless of course (lets just assume
) the world doesnt work that way?
2nd line

~TR~

I'm open to that but if you do a bit of searching on the site (and other places too) you will find some convincing evidence that it does.
There's no point in assuming it doesn't for the sake of it, there's more evidence that it does than does not.

But maybe I should have stated that that was my opinion I posted there... I think it's shared by most people around here.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I read and understood that post the first time you posted it. I just don't agree with you. Seriously dude, that was just a waste of board space.

I agree that TPTB do rule the world, but I think they have bigger things to worry about that this. They don't care about the little things, which affect the everyday person like us, whether it improves our lives or makes them worse. they're playing the long game, looking at the global picture and planning at least decades in advance.

They leave the general running of countries up to governments, unless the government's decisions start to infringe on their well laid plans.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

I read and understood that post the first time you posted it. I just don't agree with you. Seriously dude, that was just a waste of board space.

I agree that TPTB do rule the world, but I think they have bigger things to worry about that this. They don't care about the little things, which affect the everyday person like us, whether it improves our lives or makes them worse. they're playing the long game, looking at the global picture and planning at least decades in advance.

They leave the general running of countries up to governments, unless the government's decisions start to infringe on their well laid plans.

Forgive me for wasting board space, for that a sincerely apologise.

Your original reply didn't mention anything to incinuate your view on a long term game or small matters the gov. is not concerned with:

Lets just say I'd like to believe. Call me an optimist if you will, but I actually think this new Gov't may have learned a few things from the past idiot's failures.

You are actually suggesting the gov. may have changed. I was suggesting otherwise... they cannot change due to the nature of the structure of our country and gov.
You're right they don't worry about these things but... it is a front to keep us occupied away from the big picture.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by and14263]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I think our views on this are different sides of the same coin to be honest mate.

The way I see it, TPTB do allow the government certain powers to rule the country in whatever way they see fit, as long as it doesn't interfere with their plans. This means that they do have the power to repeal silly/antiquated laws, which is exactly what we're talking about here. I and no-one else here has suggested that this is going to drastically change the status quo or the way the country is run, but it may free us up a little from the bloody red tape that seems to bog us down. Giving the people a say is simply the icing on the cake and is a good way to find out what the people want and what they're fed up with.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Any word yet on how many laws have been repealed?

I think we can all guess how this will work out. Nothing will change, the UK is, and has been, committed to its own self destruction for some decades now.

It seems their soccer team truly is a reflection of their social condition.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Retseh]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BANANAMONTANA

If laws require changing then they should be changed - after proper debate and consideration. The Statute which contains the narrative is then amended.

Regards

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Any word yet on how many laws have been repealed?

I think we can all guess how this will work out. Nothing will change, the UK is, and has been, committed to its own self destruction for some decades now.

It seems their soccer team truly is a reflection of their social condition.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Retseh]

Your soccer team too, surely?

So why are you and the wife planning to come back 'Mike'? Better still, when are you planning to come back? I'll put a call in to Lunar House in Croydon and organise a welcome.

That's of course if the U.S. SSA let you out.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i checked out the site and so far it has been a pretty interesting read. theres some genuinely good suggestions as to how to change/alter some laws to benefit the people of the uk.

then again .. 4chan users are already making posts about peadophilia and why it should be legal .. and that just made me downright sick to my stomach. playing out that a 5 year old child could be your soul mate .. enough said its just plain wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nikkinine

Worry not, whoever is put in charge will be able to discern the nonsense from the genuine.

It would be very easy for our government to reinstate the laws that it doesn't personally like, like the fox hunting ban for instance. I'm not sure how I would feel about that one, but if enough people raise the point, and if the coalition are serious about listening, things like that will be legalised.

I just think that anything which disturbs civil liberties should be put to bed if the existing law is banning something that doesn't hurt anyone anyway. Is there really a need to ask the general public about those types of things?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join