Dr Kelly 'couldn't have slit his wrist as he was too weak'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The Iraqis did it?

Seriously, there was no official inquest - ever. The public enquiry had a contrived cause of death announced even before it was halfway done. Nothing to hide, all above board, yet papers were hidden under a 70 year classification.

Sorry, this was a blatant cover-up of a murder and the government and security services, certainly some in very high places, were in it up to their ears. They let it happen and then went into damage control mode, bypassing or ignoring laws and procedure in order to make it go away.

Much as I'd like to see Tony Blair, Jeff Hoon and others involved behind bars, it'll never happen. As with all big conspiracies, even when blatantly obvious, the perps all have a get-out-of-jail-free card to play. That is, if ones is allowed to fall or sacrificed, they bring the rest down on the way. This ensures none will ever be prosecuted or stand trial. It's just one big criminal enterprise!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I know, the Iraqis did it
but I'm guessing if he was put under pressure he would still not be able to change the whole narrative of his investigations.. just the finger pointing part... so yep, the Iraqis did it

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Oh, for heaven’s sake.

The independent pathologists attributed Dr Kelly’s death to (1) the severing of his left ulna artery (2) the ingestion of a large number of pain killers and (3) a pre-existing heart condition. The Hutton Inquiry said it was suicide.

Potted history - Kelly leaked to Gilligan (BBC). Gilligan published. Gilligan said his source was a “senior intelligence officer”. Kelly admitted to his MOD superiors that he was the source (note that Kelly was not in intelligence), although he denied certain quotes. It all became public. Kelly was transformed from private individual to public figure and hauled before Parliamentary Committees where his denials about what he said to Gilligan were exposed on 15 July. On July 17 he topped himself.

What was the Government motivation to murder him? He had already spilled the beans. His career was well and truly shafted.

It is disappointing to some people that this man was not murdered. The whole murder conspiracy is silly and has no plausibility or grounding in facts. Oh, I know that a bunch of doctors (not pathologists) who did not examine Kelly wrote letters to the papers questioning “suicide” and that helped build this conspiracy, but that is not evidence. Baker lost the plot with this one.

And now this – years after the event some bloke pops up and says the guy was a weakling and therefore could not have cut his own wrist. Give it a rest and let the dead rest.

Regards

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
reply to post by loner007

There are a lot of other factors that flag the case as being suspicious, perhaps try reading them instead of making petty jokes that add nothing to the subject.

Christ, if you're going to troll at least go do it to a GFL thread where it might bear merit.

AND LEARN TO TROLL BETTER!

Learn to troll better?????? I think its you lot who are trolling. Why on earth would the uk government want him dead? All they had to do was to put a gag order on him and the media and put him under house arrest etc.

In England and Wales a new form of injunction known as a "super-injunction" is a form of gagging order in which the press is prohibited from reporting even the existence of the injunction, or any details of it.[1][2] An example was the super-injunction raised in September 2009 by Carter-Ruck solicitors on behalf of oil trader Trafigura, prohibiting the reporting of an internal Trafigura report into the 2006 Côte d'Ivoire toxic waste dump scandal. The existence of the super-injunction was only revealed when it was referred to in a parliamentary question (mention in which Parliamentary privilege permits the disclosure without being held in contempt of court), which was circulated on the internet, leading to the injunction being varied (before it could be challenged in court) to permit reporting of the question. By long legal tradition, parliamentary proceedings may be reported without restriction.[3] Parliamentary proceedings are only covered by qualified privilege.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

the 59-year-old even 'had difficulty cutting his own steak

He didn't look that bad in front of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee on the 15th of July 2003, yes under big amounts of stress and showing it....but I don't think he was too week to cut his own steak

I agree with micpsi

A far stronger argument is that Dr Kelly was left-handed, yet he implausibly used his right hand to cut his left wrist. Also, no fingerprints were found on the knife and no gloves were found at the scene

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

gag order on him and the media and put him under house arrest

Gag orders don't stop information coming out, some people know too much

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Its a tradegy what happened to Dr Kelly, but even if the foul play was proven, do you really think anything will happen to the most obvious suspect Tony Blair if it turned out to be him? He's got away clean with EVERYTHING he did so far, so why would this be any different?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Think I may have just found something out...we all know the Dr was a Spook...and that he had many government and spook computers......and...

an extraordinary claim that the wallpaper at Dr Kelly’s home was stripped by police in the hours after he was reported missing - but before his body was found.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Think I know why they took the wallpaper.......

www.baesystems.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
Think I may have just found something out...we all know the Dr was a Spook...and that he had many government and spook computers......and...

No, David Kelly was not a "spook". He was not part of intelligence at all. He was a civil service employee working with the Ministry of Defence and he also had a UN position.

Regards

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

He was defiantly an assets to the UK intelligence community if not a full blown Spook...He had secure computers with secure connections to MI5 and MI6, GCHQ, the Ministry of Defence, and the Foreign Office.....this "WIFI wallpaper" was making sure that no one could gain unwanted access to his computer

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

As previously stated a gag order would only be successful for someone that cared about complying to it, seemingly as Dr Kelly was going to leave the country to write/publish his book that didn't apply to him. Putting him under house arrest probably would have attracted more media attention, so instead we may have gotten a badly thought out "termination".

I think there are many examples of gagging orders and the like not working, think of wikileaks etc.

At the very least you have to admit the death was suspicious and we're just discussing that. The whole purpose of ATS is the discussion of this sort of thing. It seems ungentlemanly of you to be throwing dead baby jokes into the mix as a (seeming) derailment attempt.

As an aside, I'd like to think it was moral decency on the part of Dr Kelly.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Is there any evidence that David Kelly had a room with "special" wallpaper - apart from a Daily Mail report which cites sources which "claim".

Is there any evidence that Kelly had any access to all these mysterious parts of the intelligence community as a "spook", or was any alleged access through the normal execution of his work as a weapons expert for MOD?

Kelly killed himself.

Regards

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

While I agree the dead should be laid to rest peacefully, I believe the David Kelly affair isn't as cut and dry as Hutton would like us to believe. There are too many unanswered questions regarding his death. To name a few:

Death certificate - no place of death was recorded
Operation Mason - why was this investigation started before Kelly's body was found?
The connection with Anthrax - there a very good video on page two concerning this
The lack of blood at the crime scene
Conflicting reports on what position the body was found in
The Dodgy Dossier
70-year restriction on material pertaining to his death - unheard of

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

There is no evidence that David Kelly had a room with "special" wallpaper

That is a claim I have made as to why the police took the wallpaper as stated in the Daily Mail article

Also I'm sure the police did a good job destroying any evidence regarding his computers...they were taken away before they even knew he was dead

explain that

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

No, David Kelly was not a "spook". He was not part of intelligence at all. He was a civil service employee working with the Ministry of Defence and he also had a UN position.

Regards

Kelly wasn't an intelligence operative, but was deeply involved in advising and working with intelligence agencies throughout the world. In some circles he was considered the foremost authority on weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

So he was an active asset at the very least....asset turns bad...throw him to the wolves and burn him

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Still, why strip the wallpaper?

There are so many things that don't ring right with this case. Good conspiratorial work on the BAE Wallpaper by the way!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

As I see it they stripped the wallpaper as it was part of the secure IT system in the Man's home....I ran across that BAE design last night....then put 2&2 together earlier....it may not be right...but why strip the wall paper? The only other explanation to me is signs of a struggle

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So he was an active asset at the very least....asset turns bad...throw him to the wolves and burn him

Could be, but after watching the Anthrax War, many more questions have arisen. Kelly was a big player in the field of bio-weaponry and developed many serious foes. Fingers could point anywhere from South Africa (Project Coast) to Iraq and even our own intelligence services.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Oh, for heaven’s sake.

The independent pathologists attributed Dr Kelly’s death to (1) the severing of his left ulna artery (2) the ingestion of a large number of pain killers and (3) a pre-existing heart condition. The Hutton Inquiry said it was suicide.

"independent"? They were government pathologists carefully protecting their pensions.

Potted history - Kelly leaked to Gilligan (BBC). Gilligan published. Gilligan said his source was a “senior intelligence officer”. Kelly admitted to his MOD superiors that he was the source (note that Kelly was not in intelligence), although he denied certain quotes. It all became public. Kelly was transformed from private individual to public figure and hauled before Parliamentary Committees where his denials about what he said to Gilligan were exposed on 15 July. On July 17 he topped himself.

What was the Government motivation to murder him? He had already spilled the beans. His career was well and truly shafted.

Not very informed, are you? The links have already been posted here to national newspaper journalists quoting a guy with intelligence contacts who knew Kelly and who said that Kelly had written a book revealing secrets that the British government would have been highly embarrassed to made public because they would have proved that Blair lied about Iraq having WMD.

It is disappointing to some people that this man was not murdered.

Not disappointed. Some of us, unlike you, are perturbed by contradictions in the evidence provided by the police.

The whole murder conspiracy is silly and has no plausibility or grounding in facts.

There are many contradictions that point to murder. Kelly himself said that he would be probably be found dead in the woods. LOL! You are in total denial.

Oh, I know that a bunch of doctors (not pathologists) who did not examine Kelly wrote letters to the papers questioning “suicide” and that helped build this conspiracy, but that is not evidence.

Nor was the pathologists' opinions "evidence". But contradictory medical opinion needs to be faced, not dismissed.

Baker lost the plot with this one.

No. Unlike you, Baker was willing to take seriously contradictions in the evidence.

And now this – years after the event some bloke pops up and says the guy was a weakling and therefore could not have cut his own wrist. Give it a rest and let the dead rest.

You would not make a good detective. I mean - always wanting murder cases to be never solved

[edit on 1-7-2010 by micpsi]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by micpsi]

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join