It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me identify this song.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I've wracked my brain trying to think of a song, and I come up with nothing. What's frustrating is I can't think of how the song goes, only that I really like it. So here's what you have to go on:

It's probably about 10 to 15 years old.

Female vocalist.

It has something to do with walking on, or falling off, a tightrope or tightwire.

It's a pop tune.

It was popular, probably made top 10 or 20.

That's all I got. I have tried googling, itunes search, etc., substituting tightwire with tightrope, "walking on" vs "on", etc. I just can't get it. Anyone?

[edit on 7/1/2010 by yuefo]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

?

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

That's a good try and a good song. Unfortunately, that's not it. I think the time it came out is just about right though (1995). The song I'm looking for is sweeter and slower, but catchy. Thanks Associate.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
sure it's not sunshine?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
this? I hate when I can't remember a song

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

This any help?

I've never posted a youtube link before, so I hope this helps

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
'walking on sunshine' by Katrina and the Waves?

audiokarma.org has a great music forum whose members are good at tracking down tunes.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Natalie Merchant-Kind And Generous is circus like

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

This isn't it, but you reminded me that a long time ago my Julee Cruise CD got borrowed and never returned! I'd totally forgotten. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Not this, much poppier than Massive Attack. Thanks though.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bonkera

Not Natalie, but thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

It's been a jillion years since I heard that song. I had the album with it, waaay back in the day. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It's poppy, but not upbeat like Sunshine. Thanks though.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

audiokarma.org has a great music forum whose members are good at tracking down tunes.

Thanks for the suggestion works. I'm heading over there. I appreciate everyone trying to help, thanks a lot.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that the whole tightwire, tightrope, highwire thing might somehow be a visual I get from the song, not lyrical. It seems like I remember something about a box, her being in a box or trapped somehow. I'm going to do another search looking for something like that.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yeah I tried looking I cannot find anything haha.

There is a clue missing we need. It's good you remember something about a box. Can you remember anything else? Like is she blonde or brunette etc

[edit on 1-7-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I can't believe it--I FOUND IT! I decided to do a google search for the top 100 hits of the 90s. When I came to #27, the name of the articst sounded familiar. Not thinking that was what I was looking for, I checked it out anyway. BINGO! Thanks everyone again for looking. Guess I'll never forget this one again.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If I recall, one of the lyrics is, "I'm walking...on a....wire...", so that's likely what you got stuck on....

Man, they used to play this song to DEATH when it first came on...so much that I got sick of it....

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes, my google searches were foiled by adding "tight" and "high" to wire.

I thought this was interesting: after I finally gave up trying to think of lyrics, it just popped into my head that there was something about her being in a box.

Sure enough, when I saw the lyrics, there was the line "she opened a book and a box of tools." That showed me that it's true what they say about the subconscious recording everything, but information gets distorted passing through the filter of the conscious mind.

new topics

top topics

join