It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The Insane Locked Away to silence facts about the afterlife?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just wondered about this recently.
So many strange almost mystical/spiritual words both good/bad emanate fromthe mouths of those we deem INSANE.
Could it be they are describing the next life or at least a life in parallel to our experience?
Are they in fact advanced souls unable to assimilate the revelations that they have aquired?
Th edrugs are pumped into them silencing their insights?
We are not talking about every demed insane individual, some are no doubt mentally damaged,due to experience/stimulants ect.....but a percentage who exclaim things we cannot translate?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
A person is usually locked away, or at least put under supervision when they become a danger to themselves or to others.

There are many people that have gone "out of their mind" that still live within the population, and many mentally ill people have been let loose on the streets, because many cities cannot afford to house them anymore.

So I highly doubt that insane people are locked away to hide the people from their thoughts on the afterlife.

I'm sure if you went to any large urban area you can wonder around and find homeless people, many of them are insane as you term it. For many of them have lost the ability to interact with society, and with the governments being unwilling, or unable to help them, and having no friends or family that support them, they live on the streets. You can go ahead and test your theory and run around and find some of them.

Decide for yourself.

I have talked with many an insane person in my day, and from my personal experience I've seen basically two classes: Ones that have gone out of their mind for whatever reason, a lot of them I've had personal experience with had done so because of taking drugs like '___'. I've known several people who have gone paranoid just by taking Marijuana a soft drug. Actually I remember Steve Martin talking about going paranoid when on marijuana on an interview with Fresh Air about a year ago. Then there are the demoniacally possessed, who may not be clinically insane but nevertheless out of control of their mind, because they've given it up to demonic entities.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
There is no one single way a human mind "should function"...there is no one single right way a person "should be thinking"...there is no one single model of what sanity is...we can try to say a brain "should function like this"...or a person "should be thinking like that"...or anyone who thinks like this is sane and anyone outside of that box is insane...but all we're doing is slapping labels on things we don't understand and know essentially nothing about...

Every single person on this Earth has a slightly different brain, and it functions slightly different, therefore they think slightly different to everyone else on the planet. Our ancestors thought differently to us, and future generations will think differently to us. They'll probably look back at us and consider us all highly insane delusional beings...my point is, you can't try to quantify and form rules around something so dynamic and little understood, let alone try to fix these so called "mental problems" via "professional" help...

Since when did deep thinkers become the crazy people?

[edit on 1/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Don't let this happen to you:

[edit on 7/1/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ok I have experience of working with people with enduring mental health diagnosis’s in the UK, I can assure you that there is no conspiracy. They are “locked up” for the safety of themselves and sometime the public, and also so they can receive the care that they need. There is no more to it than that.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Remember this:

The border between insanity and genius is very thin.

The most genius persons I know aren't normal people. They are all strange on their own manner.

I believe if someone has too much thinking and knowledge, there could at one time be a short circuit, and hence, turns insane.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

From my experiences I would say yes. To put it simply I think life may be a lot closer to the Matrix or the 13th floor movies than we know. That the insane may be people with a "defect" so to speak who could be seeing behind the scenery on the stage is feasible. Maybe that '86 movie "From Beyond" is quite possible. Parallel universes separated merely by the speed of their vibrations. Or Videodrome.

Though in my version of insanity, when I pulled back the stage curtain I saw binary. Hmph. Go figure. Seen enough of the supernatural now. Thank you very much.

But for a closer dont you think the Moody Blues song "Tuesday Morning" has a interesting take on insanity eh? Especially after what I saw.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ntech]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yes and no.

I dont think anyone out there (like the "illuminati" or something) have influenced policy to ensure the "insane" get locked up. The system works that way and its just part of the grand design in my opinion.

Its happened to me, one day I was talking about the law of one at school to my friends, a teacher over heard and thought I was tripping out because it didnt sound like her christian ideologies, I had to take a sobriety test, I pasted, but they couldnt just let me go back to class, I had to go to the hospital for a urine and blood test. I never really got to talk to anyone person more than a few minutes at the hospital, they just did the urine and blood test to see if I was on any drugs, I wasnt, but "surely the school hadn't sent me there for no reason" so my sober self was admitted into the psychiatric unit for a week, based on no real evaluation from a doctor(I filled out some questionairs, and answered a few questions from doctors like "are you having racing thoughts?" but I didnt get to have a discussion with anyone). The kid I was roomed with realized it was all bull# as well.

I felt like I was in the twilight zone, how quickly I was silenced and sent away blew me away. Its like there is a machine, if you dont conform(and I dont mean the little things, I mean if you really want to speak freely about taboo issues out in the open, if you say you dont care about grades or money etc) the machine will systematically shut you up or label you as just a fool.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by CREAM]

new topics

top topics

join