It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Bob Lazar and John Lear full of it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, I was brought to this site by watching one of John's youtube "interviews". He isnt shy about mentioning being a member of ATS which led me to googling and eventually finding this website. With that said, I've been watching both his and Bob Lazar's videos for about a year and I can't figure out if this guy really believes every thing he says or if he's doing it for attention. Human life on Venus? Has anyone taken a big enough scope just to confirm this isnt true yet?

I do give Bob Lazar a bit more credit even though his past cant be verified because the things he says kind of make sense. John on the other hand has holes in his stories that at times just dont make sense. For instance, in one interview he's talking about the moon being a space ship that was brought here from elsewhere. In another he says there were Nasa officials "mining the moon". How exactly do you mine a spaceship? And there are more little holes in his stories like that, but nothing too huge to scream "IM A LIAR!"

I've done some research on this site and cant really find anything he ever posted or any evidense that he ever actually had a user name or what it was. So I created this just to get some oppinions on what you guys think of both John Lear and Bob Lazar.

Whats even more interesting is that I havent seen any "new" videos from either of them in awhile. I was going to link some of the older interviews but figured you could just youtube them yourself?

Also this is kinda off topic but why does everyone hate alex jones?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by AndrewJay]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
That is how I found this site too OP- by watching Lear YouTubes.

I like Lear, hes funny- who knows if he's delusional, he seems sincere in his beliefs.
I thought that too about the moon being a space ship then it being mined and a coupla other little things that I cant recall right now, been a while since I watched any of his stuff.

By the time I got here he was gone, but he did post here at one time.

Don't know much about Lazar really, ..was he the one that was supposed to have got into a fight with a grey? I can't remember now.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

I like Lear, hes funny- who knows if he's delusional, he seems sincere in his beliefs.
I thought that too about the moon being a space ship then it being mined and a coupla other little things that I cant recall right now, been a while since I watched any of his stuff.

Don't know much about Lazar really, ..was he the one that was supposed to have got into a fight with a grey? I can't remember now.

Lazar claims to have worked at Area 51 on the space crafts. They were both friends at one point not sure if they still are. I think John got banned from here though for arguing with a mod or something like that. Thats all he really says about it though doesnt go into detail from what I can remember.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I always enjoyed Lear's posts on ATS, some of them were compelling, and some of them were really hard to absorb but I try to read everything with an open mind, it's not easy to do sometimes especially with stuff like Lear's, but it's an absolutely critical skill to develop in Conspiracy related research. I was kind of dismayed to see him banned, if nothing else he sure steered alot of traffic here.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
it's quite funny that you posted this thread
as I was thinking about John Lear just this
past week.

I think John still looms about ATS as a lurker
or under a different username. But while he
was posting here, folks gave him a hard time
til he gave up and left or was banned. Don't
know which. Anyway I thought John was telling
his opinions the best way he knew how. As some
things we discuss here have no explanation and cannot
be put into words for a rational thinker.

As far as Lazar, I believe him so does Knapp and a host
of others. However I think Lazar was let off the ranch
so he could give his story then everybody would
discredit him cuz who would believe such a story??
It was just too far out there for some to believe.

Found out later that Lazar worked for DOD doing
contracts in his personal business so I doubt there is
a fued between him and the DOD.

it is all a matter of what YOU want to believe.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Are Bob Lazzzar and John Learrr full of it? Yes.

Why? It's the way they present their material: Because they REALLY and TRULY believe what they `preach` to those who REALLY and TRULY want to believe them. Normally, people don't go around spewing what they know about `aliens and UFOs`.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

According to his profile, he was not banned.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Banned is banned.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by twitchy

According to his profile, he was not banned.

Banned is banned.

maybe he was unbanned? thanks for that link though ill go read some of his stuff now lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

how human we are and what we perceive
a space ship to look like. We have blinders on.

Could a space ship not have an exterior that looks
like a rock??? We even have insects here on this
planet that looks like it's surroundings and uses it
to conceal and protect itself. Why couldn't
an alien craft do the same thing?? Look like
another rock in a sea of rocks ??? Hiding in
plain site. It's plausible !!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Lear and Lazar? Maybe.

Now if you want to talk full of it stuff, then consider Ed Dames.

He was on C2C Tuesday night. Noory asked him if he was hoarding gold and silver, and Dames responded, saying he doesn't need to hoard. He can find it anytime he needs it. Well, for me, he needed it a few years ago when he assured Art Bell that he would bring him gold, right to his front door, that he discovered using remote viewing. Never happened!! lol By the way, Dames did give a time period for this. Epic fail.

Alex Jones? I read some disparaging remarks about him from time to time here on ATS. I believe the problem is this guy seems like the kid who cried wolf one too many times. Is he correct that the elites are going to destroy us all? Maybe. But Jones makes it seem like it is going to happen tomorrow, and, well, most of his doom and gloom hasn't happened, yet.
Or, maybe, none of it has happened at all. It depends how a listener and reader wishes to interpret his warnings.

Just my opinion, of course............

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Lear and Lazar? Maybe.

Now if you want to talk full of it stuff, then consider Ed Dames.

He was on C2C Tuesday night. Noory asked him if he was hoarding gold and silver, and Dames responded, saying he doesn't need to hoard. He can find it anytime he needs it. Well, for me, he needed it a few years ago when he assured Art Bell that he would bring him gold, right to his front door, that he discovered using remote viewing. Never happened!! lol By the way, Dames did give a time period for this. Epic fail.

Alex Jones? I read some disparaging remarks about him from time to time here on ATS. I believe the problem is this guy seems like the kid who cried wolf one too many times. Is he correct that the elites are going to destroy us all? Maybe. But Jones makes it seem like it is going to happen tomorrow, and, well, most of his doom and gloom hasn't happened, yet.
Or, maybe, none of it has happened at all. It depends how a listener and reader wishes to interpret his warnings.

Just my opinion, of course............

I dont know much about dames but jones does seem to be crying wolf a bit much.. might just be his enthusiasm? not sure, he likes to make things out to be bigger than they most of the time. I guess you need to do that sometimes to keep listeners? maybe thats why. eh.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
They could be well placed dis-info agents, but Lear seems really credible to me atleast why would he lie and smear his reputation as a decorated pilot?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Hulk Hogan]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Actually that thought kind of freaked me out. Thinking that Aliens could mimic Humans, Animals or even the Moon. I think its spooky... People wonder why they dont make open contact.. Are they watching us all the time?

spooky.... sh*t

On topic: I think John Lear has quite a lot of interesting information, but the soul collector remains to be very controversial. Bob Lazar seems to be genuine. After all the books I read, I could very well imagine that Lazar speaks truth.. How much truth? No idea.. I would think that the serious stuff is not done at Area 51 anymore. That might be the reason why he can talk about it so freely.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You can go to the 'Grey Area' of ATS and find a sticky thread that contains most, if not all, of John Lear's threads.

I think John knows a lot of what he is talking about, just look at his credentials. He has the knowledge and friends in certain areas to be able to have priviliged information. Discerning which information is real and which information is a stretch of fantasy is another story altogether.

I hope the best for John and hope he gets that ride to the moon so he can get out without his helmet and take a walk around and prove to us all that there is substantial gravity and a breathable atmosphere

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

how human we are and what we perceive
a space ship to look like. We have blinders on.

Could a space ship not have an exterior that looks
like a rock??? We even have insects here on this
planet that looks like it's surroundings and uses it
to conceal and protect itself. Why couldn't
an alien craft do the same thing?? Look like
another rock in a sea of rocks ??? Hiding in
plain site. It's plausible !!!

Well, I never heard anyone ask Lear about that, like exactly what he meant by a stating the moon is a spaceship but it can also be mined.
I still like listening to him talk.

OP- if you havent already- Lears website is worth a look, think it's livingmoon.com, iirc

CX

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'd advise doing a search above for "Is John Lear banned from ATS?".

Gives you many many threads, one of which (Project Camelot video thread) gives many replies by the management on the subject.

From what i can see, John is post banned, not permanently banned.

CX.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was sure he was banned, there was some kind of big scandal here about it that i didn't really follow at the time, but it looks like he isn't now so I stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

Lazar claims to have worked at Area 51 on the space crafts. They were both friends at one point not sure if they still are. I think John got banned from here though for arguing with a mod or something like that. Thats all he really says about it though doesnt go into detail from what I can remember.

-that's right I remember him now...I was getting him mixed up with someone else...Dan someone I think...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I found ATS and have ever since been reading ATS many times throughout the day for a few years now because of John.

That being said this question has been posed to him many times with regards to if he truly believes in what he says. I would have to say yes, he truly does and he's said this many times in his posts.

He brought a great amount of discussion and debate to the forums. I myself was deeply intrigued by his posts at the time when I was reading them. As the threads continued to grow and more questions asked to him etc. The claims he made seem to become even more grandiose.

The repeating problem I started to see in his "stories" and from his supporters is that all their information would just begin to repeat itself over and over and reference the same sites. All too often in the lengthy threads very valid questions would be asked to John and others, but they would never be answered in any direct way.

All in all I'd say there may be some truth to a few things he discusses. But, in the grand scheme of things it felt more like good story telling. He often would would make a remark about this himself. It's always up to you if you believe it for truth or just a good story telling.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

And honestly I've seen exactly what you're saying in his interviews. It's never really anything different theyre always the same things just spun a different way. I'm not sure if this adds or subtracts validity but it does raise an eyebrow.

To say he's a good story teller is a vast understatement. The man could rival stephen king if he were writing fiction. With that said, the question remains, did he choose the wrong proffession or is what he states actually truth.

I really wish I was a member here when he posted or that he would come back to this site since he obviously isnt banned anymore. Regardless, I still question where he's been recently. I havent seen anything in atleast 6 months from either John or Bob.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by AndrewJay]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join