It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A writer, a musician, and a historical figure...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Let us say for a moment that you could conjur up one writer, musician, and historical figure, from any place and time to discuss the current state of affairs of our planet...who would you choose???

There are no right or wrong answers here, everything is relative.

Here are mine:

HISTORICAL FIGURE - Adolf Hitler...I mean come on, obvious stuff aside, who better to speak to concerning many of the events unfolding before our eyes each and everyday. He could wax poetic about the Obama administration for days, i am sure.

WRITER - Aldous Huxley...one of the brilliant minds of the modern era, I would love to pick his brain about how he foresaw the future...especially in the social and scientific realms.

MUSICIAN - Frank Sinatra...Frank would be there to just tell it like it is...and to kick Adolf's ass when our discussion came to an end !

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
While my choice would cover all three, I will let him cover only two.

Writer/Musician- Thomas Jefferson
Historic Figure- George Washington

If there would have been a way to squeeze Ben Franklin or Da Vinci in there I would.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Writer: Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha. Who else would have a deep, mindful insight into current world affairs then a religious leader who's sole mission was to teach introspection and alleviation from worldly situations? Now, more than ever, I think the Buddha's message, being re-told by the Buddha himself, would be a competent choice in this category.

Musician: Neanderthal Man. This one is just a fancy of mine. I would love to hear what primitive, undiluted music was like when our species was evolving. Such unadulterated creativity, must seem retarded to some - but it is truly mystifying to me. Just to be able to watch what transpires to allow us to create, and then master musical nature. OK, nerd-gasm over.

Historical Figure: Leonardo Da Vinci. I get an artist, an inventor, a thinker, a philosopher, a musician, and more all in this one insanely awesome individual. Surely he'd have all types of witty witticisms with which to remark upon our current political/philosophic/religious affairs.

That's me.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I love this thread.
Historical figure: Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha. I agree we need him right now in a bad way.

Musician: Marvin gaye

Writer: Hunter S.Thompson.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Gaius Julius Caesar

William Shakespeare/Francis Bacon

John Henry Bonham

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Historical Figure

Leonardo DaVinci: I read this book by Micheal Gelb called; How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci: seven steps to genius every day. I would love to get his take on that book, and life in the 21st century in general.

Writer

William Shakespeare: It seems to me that if it needed to be said, Shakespeare said it.

Musician

Mozart: Besides consistently writing music that just seems to make me always smile, and set me at ease, this guy sounds like he was one party animal.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Writer:

Benjamin Franklin...I take him as my writer because of all that he wrote journalistically and his personal letters. I think this world needs someone with his kind of foresight and wisdom.

Musician:

Ritchie Valens...his career was cut so short that I would love to see what else he could come up with and how he could inspire modern music.

Historical Figure:

Mahatma Ghandi...in this day and age, his leadership and teachings of peaceful resistance would go along way to inspire the yearning for a return to freedom that so many here are seeking.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Historical Figure

Musician

Besides consistently writing music that just seems to make me always smile, and set me at ease, this guy sounds like he was one party animal.

Jean Paul, you've left out the NAME of your musician pick...

If I may fathom a guess....was it Slim Whitman?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson

Stephen King

Dave Gilmore

I would really only discuss current affairs with Tom.
I'd have a beer with Stephen, and Jam with Dave.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I would have to choose:

WRITER: Mark Twain...he would have a field day puncturing the vanities of today's politicians.

MUSICIAN: John Lennon...if he chose he could easily become a beacon for both the ecological & anti-government movements.

HISTORICAL FIGURE: I thought at first of A. Lincoln, B. Franklin, G. Washington, T. Jefferson & a number of other founding fathers, but realized that the situation has progressed beyond the point of repair or understanding for even these venerable personages, therefore I nominate Jesus Christ. Not for apocalyptic purposes, but perhaps, a re-appearance would re-new a lost faith for many and galvanize other mundane mortals into realizing they are not the deities they presume they are. My choice is not meant to be a denigration of other religions or beliefs, just reflective of my opinion that we all could use a few miracles right about now.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Historical Figure

Musician

Besides consistently writing music that just seems to make me always smile, and set me at ease, this guy sounds like he was one party animal.

Jean Paul, you've left out the NAME of your musician pick...

If I may fathom a guess....was it Slim Whitman?

Ooops. Thank for pointing that out. I must admit ol' slim makes a strong second.

new topics

top topics

join