It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pueblo Health Department has just confirmed plague

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The Pueblo Health Department has just confirmed plague in a one-square mile area of Pueblo. The houses near the affected area have been notified. The concern would be the animals and house pets that may go out in the prairie and come in contact with

hisz.rsoe.hu

The Pueblo Health Department has just confirmed plague in a one-square mile area of Pueblo. The houses near the affected area have been notified. The concern would be the animals and house pets that may go out in the prairie and come in contact with prairie dogs. If that animal contracts the disease, they could pass it on to their owners. Residents are advised to keep their pets away from the affected prairie dogs and to stay away from wild animals. To see a map of the affected area, click on th
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-6-2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Personally I have never seen a report of plague before, but no doubt there will be cases that do not get reported. however I am thinking that it is very strange that there is an outbreak of plague at the same time as all our war ships are heading to Iran, Oil catastrophe in the GoM, 4 Hurricanes, Huge number of earth quakes, economic meltdown and of course crazy weather from solar activity.

Is it me or does it look like the controlling powers are about to unleash their wrath on the USA?

hisz.rsoe.hu

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Good catch! Here's more...

www.newsfirst5.com...

Looks like right now they are just saying don't play with wild animals and keep them away from your pets (and their little fleas, too!)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This isn't as uncommon as you may think, and usually turns up in prarie dog populations out West. I try to follow the hisz.rsoe website and see it there a few times a year. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, at least not about this. As you've mentioned, we've got plenty more to worry about. Thanks for the heads up though!

[edit on 7/1/2010 by Tunatarian]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme

Is it me or does it look like the controlling powers are about to unleash their wrath on the USA?

hisz.rsoe.hu

Yes and only on the U.S.A ,the rest of the world will be safe .

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
People need reminders every now and then. I don't think this is a big deal. We will always have isolated cases of disease. It's not like it's a pandemic or anything.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
That's Colorado for you. I remember incidents of plague every year while I lived there. It was no big thing then and it is no big thing now either.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Plague isn't all that uncommon in the rocky mt. west. and desert regions.

www.dhpe.org...

We usually have 3 or 4 cases a year in NM.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Four Horsemen.

... and a patridge in a pear tree.

... or a dead canary in a cage.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Don't worry until the necrotizing fasciitis or hemmorhagic fevers start spreading like wild fire. Then u know the 4 horsemen habe arrived. Its not a party until you're bleeding out of your eyes!
~edit~
On a completely unrelated side note could someone please give me a star? I'm stuck on 666 stars n I don't like it

[edit on 1-7-2010 by azrael36]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

The Pueblo Health Department has just confirmed plague in a one-square mile area of Pueblo.

Bubonic Plague is a normal endemic disease in Colorado and other western states:

Bubonic Plague Detected In 6 Colorado Counties

Nothing new, we have Bubonic Plague in the West. It has always been around in rodents.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
damn! better get those people in quarantine fat! ive learned plague is highly contagious, and only treatable in its early infectious stage.
i saw a science cahnnel thing about the top 10 diseases, months ago. plgue was one of them. fact, every year, its estimated 1,000 people get it

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This reminds me of those 2 mice infected with plague the CDC lost* anyone remember that? the CDC actually admitted some lab people lost them and i gues they took off running, most likely to get outside. now thats scary!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I don't ever remember a summer in Southern NM when they didn't have at least a couple of stories in the local paper about finding a skunk, ground squirrel, or pack rat with the plague in the Florida or Organ mountains. Albuquerque also had at least a case or two per year, as did El Paso. Kinda like the Hanta virus which was supposed to kill us all... it was a complete non-story every summer when they reported numerous cases in NM and AZ, but as soon as the first case occured in the midwest it became the virus that would kill us all and the theories started flying.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I went backpacking in Colorado about 14 years ago. While in a state park there are signs that say to stay away from wildlife because they may contain fleas that carry the plague.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I was always told growing up to never to mess with the squirrels in Lake Tahoe since they carry the plague.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Not just to mention the fact that it is quite common, but now it is very easily treated with modern antibiotics that they of course did not have during the "plague".

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

On a completely unrelated side note could someone please give me a star? I'm stuck on 666 stars n I don't like it

That's so funny! I did the same thing....I U2U'd one of my friends and said "Go Somewhere and Give Me a Star Quick!"

~Wouldn't mind having that problem with flags, though.

(Sorry for OT, OP).

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Plagiarist.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

How can the plague be treated? Tetracycline, gentamicin, kanamycin or monomycin. Are very effective, also Streptomycin.

So it is no longer a serious disease threat.

Obviously you stay away from rodents and their fleas which transmit the disease but if you contract Plague it is easily treated.

What is the first symptom of Plague?

Sneezing!

Why do people say "To you health" when you sneeze? Because in the 1300s during the plague epidemic sneezing and nose bleeding were the first signs of the plague.

Back in the days of the first wave of the plague often more than 75% of the people simply died. Those that survived were few and lucky! They are our distant relatives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join