It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds shut down nine websites in movie piracy crackdown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Time to bury Hollywood. Once it was an empire, now it is a lawyers' suit.
Rest in pieces.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

if you do not remove the DMR and paid for its not theft, if you downloaded
and uploaded ie. ( seeding) in order to distribute said content, thats theft and copyright infringement, plain and simple, you are taking someone elses product and or work and that is steeling. you can say that you are doing what ever you want to call it, giving it away or sticking it to the movie industry, or making money off of it, you are still steeling and you know it, if you are doing these things.
next i'd be carefull about what i admitted to on some of these sites, never know who you are talking to or who might be watching. hell for that matter you dont know that someone might copy your post and foward to the proper authorities, and having a nice neat orderly hard drive sure would help them if they come after you.

all that being said, the is the adress of a movie theater here in pensacola, got pretty good deals and you can drink there too.
www.silverscreentheatre.com/

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I started a tread after seing the "feds" jpg on one of my favorite movie link distribution. Sorry I did see this one.

Site Seized Notice

Here is my though for what it's worth ....

Link distribution explicitly(by single web site ) or implicitly( search engine) is the same. It's not content.

Now if the distibutor of these link are in fault, why not google video, youtube, megavideo and so on ? One distribute a link and the others distrubute content trought an commercial infrastructure.

Shutdown a website that distribute links, an other websites appear. You remove a video on youtube or on other video providers and its uploaded again by an other user. SO THE COPYRIGHT LAW IS BROKEN! maybe for 24 hours or less, but still it's broken.

Do video provider are under the same rule as a link provider ? Or any other type of broadcast corp. like Fox, ABC, NBC ... I dont think these broadcaster would brocast copyright content whitout consent like all the web video provider.

The blame is focused on the distribution of the link not the infrastructure provinding these videos. Video provider are not responsible any moore for the content ? They dont have money or some other mean to filter there content ? I guess there argument is "we can remove this content from are infrastructure" ... but then is already too late, it's world wide and a friend of a friend has it and can share-it.

Links makes the web free by referring some content on some other machine. Video provider are centralize. So it should be the video providers responsiblity ! Not the refferers ! ... in my sense.

Web video provider have-it to easy with copyright content ! They dont have ethic because they are corporate and not humain ?

[edit on 1-7-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

quit being a little girl. quit your job working for the feds and open your eyes. ever see a movie that sucked? no you were happy to part with your money (which is fake anyhow). jump through their hoops little child

i'm sure your parents' f.b.i. a**es are proud of you

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I completely agree when it comes to movies. But for tv shows, I don't see the harm. They have already run and if they are not syndicated, the studios are not losing any advertising revenue.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

well now thems fighting words, in order for any nation to stay alive and last they have to have laws. there laws on the books fed/ state i think to be wrong, but if i spent millions of dollars to make something and a bunch of mamby pamby thieves stole it, use to make money for themselfs, id be pissed off too.

i have served my country in the Marine Corp, Have you picked up a weapon and stood on line, if not shut the # up. I didnt do it so a bunch of punk ass thieves could steel at will and bragg about it like they are better than me and the rest of people who obey the laws.
so when the worlders come and they will, you will be one of the ones they come for 1st, they have less tolerance for thieves than our govt. or do you think you are better than old people or people that are sick and need help, or non productive scum that hang out behind a key board and screen and steel from people that work. do you think they are gonna let you go and not say any thing about what you have been doing.at least in the US, there are some crimes, that you stand a chance to get out of jail and live. chances are that all thieves will be killed in the NWO.

Laws help to protect Freedom or are you to much of a dumb # to know that. yes there are corrupt people in our govt, that doesnt mean everybody should be too

Man how stupid these mamby pamby bitches are

oh and i forgot to say, when they do come i'll point at you, so i can live and fight and not have to deal with your type when we win.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by hounddoghowlie]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hey guys and girls - good news for all those viewers of tvshack:

tvshack.cc...

Complete backup of almost all the files as far as I can tell! Didnt stop them long did it?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It is funny.. All of you people that claim to be intelligent and evolved.. Nothing but a bunch of common theives! Did your parents have any kids that werent retarded theives?

Justify it all you want.. your no better than the theives on TV..

pathetic!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Mobius, I would never steal a movie. You have dishonoured my reputation sir, I must ask you either to apologise or give me satisfaction.

I await your reply

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
if i spent millions of dollars to make something and a bunch of mamby pamby thieves stole it, use to make money for themselfs, id be pissed off too.

Don't forget that you would still make MILLIONS from your property regardless of who stole it...because you still have it to make all that lovely money.

The ONLY reason obsene amounts are invested in the first place is to make EVEN MORE MILLIONS in the second place. There is low risk and high gain for the fat cats.

Written
Re-written
Scripted
Filmed
CGI'd
Edited
Screened
Tested
Edited again
Screened again
Marketed
Promoted
Advertised
Blah blah blah..

Guaranteed Huge Profit from making a generic same old same old.

Then a sequel and a prequel and a saga and a spin off and a making of.

Nobody is making the fat cats spend millions, they CHOOSE to. And the more they outlay the bigger the return. The hollywood rich get richer and they leave the GOOD movies, you know...the real gem in a pile of sand type films to those who rely on low budgets, art funding and grants because they have what it really takes instead...talent and a great script with actors and crew who do their jobs for the passion not the $$$, yet it's often them who show their movies for free.

The FEDs are relying here on scare tactics and people don't like being bullied. Things will not change for the better from this site takeover and the big movie companies must just suck it up....ha!

[edit on 1/7/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

I am confused.. Did I address you?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
It is funny.. All of you people that claim to be intelligent and evolved.. Nothing but a bunch of common theives!

And yet it is YOU who have stolen somebody else's quote for your signature.

That makes you a thief AND a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by BSG75

I am confused.. Did I address you?

You addressed us all. Don't try and wriggle out of responsibility for your comments.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I didnt see you write that you were intelligent or evolved... no wiggling here brother .... I am sitting up here on the moral high ground!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Dear little Jonny,

Daddy wishes he could be there for your first day of school, and your first day tee ball. But I am sitting in prison...because I was willing to gamble my time with you over a free movie. I apologise that your mom and I can't send you to college because I thought a movie was more important than your education..... It was a good movie though.. I hope that your moms new boyfriend is good to you.. Daddys new friends are mean and make daddy play games that he doesn't want to play! I hope you pass your driving test on the first try! Sometime around your 3rd marrige daddy will be getting out of prison, stay tuned for more from your daddy!

I hope you understood while you were growing up that I had to prove a point.. that point was "movie companies make enough money" I hope you didnt miss me to much!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by mav0360

well now thems fighting words, in order for any nation to stay alive and last they have to have laws. there laws on the books fed/ state i think to be wrong, but if i spent millions of dollars to make something and a bunch of mamby pamby thieves stole it, use to make money for themselfs, id be pissed off too.

i have served my country in the Marine Corp, Have you picked up a weapon and stood on line, if not shut the # up. I didnt do it so a bunch of punk ass thieves could steel at will and bragg about it like they are better than me and the rest of people who obey the laws.
so when the worlders come and they will, you will be one of the ones they come for 1st, they have less tolerance for thieves than our govt. or do you think you are better than old people or people that are sick and need help, or non productive scum that hang out behind a key board and screen and steel from people that work. do you think they are gonna let you go and not say any thing about what you have been doing.at least in the US, there are some crimes, that you stand a chance to get out of jail and live. chances are that all thieves will be killed in the NWO.

Laws help to protect Freedom or are you to much of a dumb # to know that. yes there are corrupt people in our govt, that doesnt mean everybody should be too

Man how stupid these mamby pamby bitches are

oh and i forgot to say, when they do come i'll point at you, so i can live and fight and not have to deal with your type when we win.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by hounddoghowlie]

Yeah, I'm sure they shut down these websites to protect our freedom.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by nerbot

I didnt see you write that you were intelligent or evolved...

I don't need to.

Keep wriggling though.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Good, it pisses me off to know that I have been paying for movies and videos while others get the content for free.

Why were these sites allowed to operate for such a long period of time?

Data mining!

But what for?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I wonder if movielinks was hit because it's in my faves and the Effing generic search crap a** page comes up, I was on it a few hours ago but now I get the crappy search doohicky I am fuming!!!!!

And get this, Verizon tells me they found a copyright violation on my computer is this another thing they implemented to find pirated stuff? All it is is music and all those damn CDS I have owned but blasted why the hell should I be made to BUY another crappy CD when the damn things always end up scratched and skipping even if you handle them with gloves on? That is the truth they make the DAMN CDS to get effed up so you'll have to go purchase more!!! A$%^&%^!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join