It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's your sign award latest winner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen of ATS. People have criticized government of being moronic and stupid. I finally agree with them.

I just can't believe what I read. Bail? They released him on bail!? Jesus what's next?

A suspected Russian spy is missing after being arrested in Cyprus and released on bail, a police spokesman told CNN on Wednesday. Authorities arrested Robert Christopher Metsos, 55, in Larnaca after an Interpol "red notice" was served on him, Cypriot police said Tuesday. Police said he was released on bail pending further proceedings but was told not to leave the country and was ordered to check in nightly with police. He did not check in Wednesday, and police are searching for him, a spokesman said. Metsos is among 11 suspects in an alleged Russian spy ring in the United States.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
They would actually think a spy would not take off? How idiotic the govt has become!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

That article gave me a headache. I'm shocked they let him go. Haven't we learned anything from the U.K?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Those guys aren't spies - they are foreign agents - the work they were doing was more like journalism.

They were not charged with espionage even - so bail is appropriate. The guy doing a runner is suspicious though - perhaps that one was actually involved in espionage. Seems unlikely though - considering the rest of the basically nuisance charges.

It is pure propaganda again - they were just trying to embarrass Russia I think - Im sure they knew about those guys for years.

When spies are uncovered, they normally deal with it secretly - this was splashed all over the news for a reason - its not clear what the reason is, but for sure - there is a reason.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I haven't looked into the issue much. I believe you more then any of the cable news channels and I'm sure no spy is going to make a facebook page.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Depending on the situation and the severity of the situation spies are often times released back to their home countries. And other times they just disappear in the middle of the night. They're like bargaining chips...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

You certainly get released to your home country, if you're Israeli Mossad...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It wasn't an act of stupidity they let him go on purpose. Everything these people do is planned to the inth degree. Nothing happens that isn't supposed to happen. We are the stupid ones for thinking otherwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Completely agree. They want us to get caught up in diversions like discussing how stupid they are.

Originally posted by hawkiye
It wasn't an act of stupidity they let him go on purpose. Everything these people do is planned to the inth degree. Nothing happens that isn't supposed to happen. We are the stupid ones for thinking otherwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen of ATS. People have criticized government of being moronic and stupid. I finally agree with them.

THIS is what has you finally convinced of this?

I guess you missed that Obama has finally accepted foreign assistance after day 70 of the oil spill (among other bad decisions).

Oh, well. At least you're finally convinced.

top topics

join