It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junk DNA.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They should just re-engineer a human sperm & egg WITHOUT any junk DNA, put the sperm inside the egg, fertilize a woman, and see what happens.

I know, it's a little like the Island of Dr. Moreau and could end freakishly, but at least we would get our answer of whether or not it's "Junk DNA".

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It'd be hilarious if the reason why they cant make head nor tails of the 'language' is because you have to combine the DNA of each (at least major) ethnic group on the planet.... And I'll bet a billion dollars they never thought of trying it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The junk DNA is a record of every action and thought of you and your ancestors. You are but a self-replicating memory stick, with every nucleus of every cell having all the data from your gene pool.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Actually I don't have any links on the theory, I spend many hours a day on the computer doing design work and researching mass amounts of info regarding inner change, metaphysics, astrology, numerology, alternative news, so on and so forth. With the information that i have accumulated I just connected the dots!! That's all! Maybe I should create a thread on this subject as others have found it interesting as well.

There is actually a book that I recently bought by an author named, Penny Pierce called Frequency. I highly recommend this book for further study on the subject.

Love, light and laughter to you

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

I'm all for it !

You should make a thread about it.
Contact me when you finish it please ? So I will not miss it.

Love laughter and light to everybody

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

They have tried that already with mice I belief, they functioned normally.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Recently watched Virus hunters produced by national geographic which went into how viruses helped DNA evolve. They think that viruses might even be causes for many illness and even mental illness. It even goes onto say that almost every human alive has at least 5 ancient viruses living in them that help you. Very good watch pretty interesting never had an idea or inkling about the association between virus and human.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Most "Junk" DNA is unused snippets from our journey through evolution - how to be a fish, how to be a reptile, how to be a mouse-like mammal, how to be an ape - that we don't use anymore. We don't need fins, scales or tails, we don't need hand-like feet.

That said, there are people who believe we as a species have been "Uplifted" faster than evolution as a natural process could explain. I'm sure most people here on ATS have heard something of the theory involving an extra terrestrial influence.

Some of the junk DNA could be encoded information, not for our bodies, but for our minds once we have reached the level of intelligence our "Uplifters" sought for us.

We've mapped the human genome - maybe it's time to look for "God's" signature on our selves.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by QuestionTheGovernment

Hi.

I've made a thread about just that some time ago.
You can read here : Study shows how viruses changed human evolution

Don't expect a lot. This is from the article in the thread.

They found more than 400 different mutations in 139 genes that play a role in people's risk of catching viruses -- a finding that may also help explain why some people sail through flu season unscathed while others seem to catch every bug around.

Researchers from the Scientific Institute IRCCS, Milan University and the Politecnico di Milano analysed the genomes of 52 populations from different parts of the world with exposure to a wide range of viruses over 200,000 years of human evolution.

Not only viruses mixed up with us you know. Once there was a bacteria called the Mitochondria. It is now found in every living cell on earth even. I could be wrong about that.

Which you can read in this thread : Human and virus share a common ancestor. ( In the replies.)

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I understand that these old forms of life that were our ancestors are known to us and.
I assume this means they are not part of the junk majority.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl
....everything is energy and vibrates at a certain frequency.....The Human range of emotions really affects ones vibratory level...

The chart goes like this:

1000 - Ultimate Consciousness
700+ - Enlightenment
600 - Peace
540 - Joy

what are the units that follow these numbers? 1000 what? mph? tsp?

i assume that because you are talking about frequency the units would be cycles per second or Hertz. but if these numbers are in cycles per second, then they make even less sense. we have instruments that are capable of measuring energy oscillations at all of these wavelengths. you think someone would have come across this correlation by now.

that being said: i strongly agree with your assessment that attaining an enlightened perspective can be likened to an increase of "frequency". there may even be a legitimate correlation between "frequency" as currently used in science and "frequency" as you are using above. unfortunately, i do not think that what you have presented is a strong enough case. you are guilty of using scientific concepts for non-scientific premise.

L. Ron Hubbard has a similar "Tone-scale" in his scientology. and yet most people toss scientology aside as utter nonsense.

i guess i just dont see what your post has to do with DNA?

best

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

i guess i just dont see what your post has to do with DNA?

I don't think it has anything to do with DNA. I think it is a possible explanation for our majority of unknown DNA. And why we don't know it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thank-you.
I agree; mistakes are learning opportunities. One should never be afraid to experience them, because we all will and do inevitably, and they are how we expand our minds. I came up with a saying once: "A mistake is when you trip over the edge of your own mind and find that it was incomplete."

So it isn't that I'm afraid to have an opinion. It's just that I delineate between my opinions/beliefs and what I can rightly (in my view at least) call knowledge. I have a weird sort of "Beliefs and Facts are both equally useful tools in differing ways" philosophy that I - at least try to - adhere to lol.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Hi.

I happen to like weird forms of believe.
They are usually a lot more interesting then what is considered normal.

I just think it is weird that people say they are agnostic. Because if you say you are not, you probably are ignorant as well as arrogant.

It would be nice to be sure about faith... But I think it's stupid to deny actual facts, and that happens a lot.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Like a child discipline system of 'You're not allowed to have your sweets, unless you can all play and get along with each other without arguing all the time'.

A combination of DNA from all the ethnic groups in existence would certainly go some way to proving we are getting along! (well...generally, as rape and forced breeding could apply)

It's a good idea wylekat, and one that touches on thoughts i've harboured about the ethnicity of the human race for some time.

This is very much what you are saying i guess, but what if...we really did have a 'golden' ultra high technological human society eons ago, and ethnicity is simply humans changing according to their surroundings in interstellar colonies?!

Imagine a star faring human species, establishing far flung colonies over millenia...changes would inevitably creep into the genome and we would gradually develop ethnic changes among different colonies..right?

So...we spread out, start changing into our present ethnic groups until...WAR. War breaks out among the different colonies and hence among the ethnic groups, and all hell breaks loose around the part of the galaxy our colonies are situated in.

The 'caretaker' species in our area, probably wouldn't like galactic warfare occurring one bit, and so...we are given a choice.

It's a radical choice, and one that is to be decided over the very long term.

Either get on with each other...or your whole species will cease to exist, in any of the ethnic groups.

So...'example individuals' from each of the many ethnic human groups are rounded up...taken to a 'neutral' planet and set the task of getting along with each other.

The ultimate proof of our fulfilling our given task, and therefore prove to the 'caretakers' that we have learned our lessons and can be peaceful and finally get along with each other, despite our differences, is twofold. One would be that we are still here, not having murdered each other, and two would be what you are saying...an amalgam of all of the different ethnic DNA profiles into a single human race.

That could be the test.

Well, we have had a good go at failing number one...we still take every opportunity to murder each other in wars and so on...and two looks to be a long way off as well, despite a worldwide 'multiculturalism'.

Maybe you're right...an experiment to combine all the groups would be interesting. Perhaps once detected by 'you know who', we all get to have some sweeties, and play with the grown up's toys again!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This tread is magnificent ! it should be sticky

I read somewhere that virus dna inserting it self into our dna had something to with the creation of placental birth!

and Berrygurl should start her frequency thread

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I like your post

For obvious reasons actually. We do not even have the capability to travel to the nearest star. But the only thing they do talking about how to build space based weapon systems.

If we would travel space now, we would be at war with every race we meet. Unless we know that they will kick our ass.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Placental birth

Please try and find that ?

You say sticky. Why do you think it should be sticky ?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Okay I'll give it a whirl If you could see my bookmarks

here I go
wish me luck

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

okay that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

so it goes something like the 'junkDNA' is partly pieces of VIRUS DNA that infected our ancestors A LONG TIME AGO

if the infection doesn't kill your ancestor it weaves itself into THEIR DNA
ala THE FLY

BORNA VIRUS GROOOSSSS!!!!

But the syncytin genes we use today may have actually replaced an
ancestral one that a virus bequeathed to the very first placental mammals. In fact, that infection may have made the placenta possible in the first place. “It was a major event for animal evolution,” Dr. Heidmann said.

check into Borna Virus it might make you crazy,that is to say they think that borna infection might be linked to certain specific mental illnesses

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join