It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we keep feeding Africa?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
reply to post by Dixie70

We also forget that Africa has the same level of technological development as the rest of the Developed world, poverty and disease and desperation are not the whole story

Africa has all the resources it needs to solve it's own problems but NWO/PTB is all over the place stomping out any shoots of hope that spring up,that they do not have their hands in .As we all know they feed /profit off of the misery they create and that is not an exclusively African problem that's what THEY are doing to all of us

it really is true that unless all of are free none of us are free

Mrs Blonde,
You hit the nail on the head.

I am not going to go into an Apartheid vs. Post-apartheid argument, but are you aware that during the Apartheid era South Africa produced a lot of ground breaking technologies? It had nothing to do with the crowd that run the regime at the time (except that their policies caused sanctions and they pumped some money into the research). The first heart transplants were done in South Africa, some of the very best military vehicles were designed in South Africa. That huge machine that is used world-wide to dig large tunnels for miles, were designed here. Yes, although nuclear weapons are not something to be proud of, but we even had nuclear capability. Thank God they got rid of it before it landed up in the wrong hands!

My cousin is a farmer, and the Netherlands used to send their agriculture students to South Africa to study our farming methods and to implement our methodologies in their country with crops like potatoes, cotton, etc.

At one stage South Africa competed head-on technologically with the first world countries... Today I hear we are an "emerging nation", a third world country, and nobody remembers that once we were not half bad for a little country sitting on the tip of Africa.

I agree with you... TPTB don't want Africa to help itself, cause it would mean that Africa will use it's own resources and no longer supply it to rest of the world. We export millions of tonnes of iron ore to the world, only to import steel (or goods) at huge cost back into the country. Why can't we build refineries, factories, etc. and turn the raw ore into goods which we then export? The mindset in Africa must change, but as soon as it does, TPTB makes sure there is a civil war that polorize the people, and all the ideas goes down the drain once more.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Who's in charge over there? Who is allowing the French to control their agri-business from a thousand miles away?

I wish I could remember the name of the Documentary that went into it, its frustrating since its a damn good one and quite an eye opener and should be a must watch on issues like this. The main reason they cant really give to their own people was more or less the same as we have issues in the west with small producers being unable to compete with big market produces, they out price them completely in bulk. Along with their governments effectively being bribed and lobbied (bribed again) into protecting the 'rights' and profits of the big off shore companies/importers over the local growers.

Its sick really, these people have the ability to feed themselves and make huge amounts of money from their natural resources and product if they were allowed to sell them, but their blocked by the west every way they go. Throw in the self destroying social issues these situations cause and there a people who really cant get their act together by themselves.

They've been kept down so long now they cant really get back up, their ideal of themselves is non existent.

They need help, the only problem is, the help is of the wrong sort and doesnt address the real causes, but it'll be impossible to make TPTB admit the real causes since it makes even the average person in the west uneasy to think about it... i know it does to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So amidst all this corruptness, lack of drive, lack of vision, hopeless baby-eating-raping, rainless, equipment-less, evil government ruling, god forsaken place, what about the simple woman or man with five children, who has no hope, opportunity, or knowledge of how to effect change?

Who does nothing but try to get through the day, with his broken spirit, and his loss of hope that things will ever get any better. Let him, his wife and the children starve too. Because YOU don't understand the full picture.

Why feed them? Why not feed them? Why wouldn't we? If we have surpluses, and they are hungry, let them eat.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by korath

We keep feeding them because they are hungry.

Is beautifully simplistic.

It is a wonderful way of putting it for those who are to lazy to understand.

reply to post by BigfootNZ

I wish I could remember the name of the Documentary that went into it.

I recommend Zeitgeist Addendum. It clearly shows just how the World Bank, WTO, IMF, and other such organizations work. It also offers comprehensive yet easy to understand illustration of current monetary policy based of the proven fraudulent model of the "fractional reserve system."

Its a great introduction to the subject.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MojosGhost]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join