It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we keep feeding Africa?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by UrbanShaman

UrbanShaman,I attend college with a guy whose grandfather was actually EATEN by Edi Ammein!!! (not sure how to spell that) How does one process something like that? he has lost DOZENS of family members to political violence in Uganda (where he is from)

he's a really nice guy so funny and grounded with a very 'soft' demeanor. I've had several classes with him and the punchline to everything is
'In Africa I am a Prince ' or 'well he is a Prince in Africa'

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Old_RSA

How is it possible that when people are starving, they do not stop having children? This goes against any other creature in nature. All other species stop breeding when the food supplies run low. Is it maybe because the world keeps feeding Africa, so they know there will always be a supply of food regardless?

it's called RAPE that's why this happens google' Africa Rape'

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
reply to post by Old_RSA

That is true, and another African thing that goes against nature! They rape babies as young as 1 year old around here! Some utter idiot told them it would cure them of AIDS if they have sex with a virgin, so they don't take chances and then go and rape babies, often their own children.

But, although rape is rife in Africa, it is not the only contributor to large families. Somebody else mentioned earlier it is to do with status, a man with lots of cattle, lots of wives and lots of children is considered rich even if he has no job and no money.

But we are going off topic. Would it be cruel to stop feeding Africa and let nature takes it cause? Is that not part of the global problem of over population... in the past disease has kept human numbers in check, but with modern medicine people not only live longer, more and more children that would not have survived in the past, now survives thanks to better doctors, birthing methods, etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Why you ask, because about 2% of the money donated actually goes to the poor hungry people over there! Sound like they want to fill there pockets up again!
My advice to you would be fcuk off the t.v, nothing but propaganda brainwash!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old_RSA

reply to post by Old_RSA

But we are going off topic. Would it be cruel to stop feeding Africa and let nature takes it cause? Is that not part of the global problem of over population... in the past disease has kept human numbers in check, but with modern medicine people not only live longer, more and more children that would not have survived in the past, now survives thanks to better doctors, birthing methods, etc.

of course it would be cruel to stop feeding africa, i dont know how anyone could think otherwise. to intentionally allow people to starve while we throw away food we neither want nor need, the idea sickens me.

there is enough food to go around for everyone if we shared it, and no-one would have to starve.

half the world have ALL the food while the other half have none.

we SHOULD help them, because its the right thing to do ... they're innocent people and babies and children. their situation isnt their fault.
they are unable to help themselves because they dont know how to, they have no education and absolutely nothing to begin with.

its only RIGHT to help them. we cant just look away.

dooby

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

People in charge are to greedy to worry about the people been able to support themselves, they would rather live a lavish lifestyle and let the rest of the world worry about their countries people.

If their leaders are so callous as to not care about the people, and the people to not rise up to take their country back, then all I can say is they deserve what they get, or don't get.

This playing on white guilt gets very tiresome after a while.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
We should give them bulldozers instead. That way they can make irrigation pathways and grow their own food.

Azteks did it...

Heh, they DO grow their own food... and in very large quantities, the issue is the farmers cant sell the stuff or export it and it sits rotting at the African docks and ports by the tons.

Why?.. because of the greedy Western and European farmers and corporations who scream blue murder when it comes to protecting their overblown income with government subsidies.

If you can have french farmers burying 1000's of tons of unsold food into huge holes in the ground every year to keep their prices high and government subsidies flowing (which if they get tampered with they protest in the street about), and have American businesses brow beat local African businesses out of the market in their own damn country with Frankein food and mass produced chemical crap ...

Then what hope do they have... its greed pure and simple, the Africans have tried, and some still do, but their hobbled at every turn by outsiders. Throw in the corrupt governments and the fact the constant generational financial problems create a particular type of citizen that has no ambition or idea of hope (which just creates tribal infighting due to frustration) and you have a problem that just cant fix itself anytime soon.

Wish I remembered the name of the British documentary that looked into this... it was shocking really, this problem can be fixed over night, but it means big corporations and lazy fat farmers outside of Africa will have to take a pay cut and earn a lower (realistic) wage in a proper competitive market on the merits of their product rather than a guaranteed price brought about by extreme lobbying. (Where else can a farmer get payed top dollar for their product that never gets sold and then gets destroyed afterwards?! madness)

Africa if it was allowed to be so, would be the richest damn country on the planet... that unfortunately doesnt sit right with some in high places and they've put in the perfect stop gaps to make sure it never happens.

Cant have that Financial Hegemony being threatened now can we...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Seriously...do you really think that the high population in Africa is due to RAPE?

Well, who is doing the RAPING?

I know that we spend millions of $ to send condoms over there, which the men refuse to wear because the condoms make them feel less 'manly'. Are we to consider this some type of quaint and cute cultural trait?

They need to get a grip, start prosecuting these alleged 'rapists', and grab hold of their own destiny, instead of acting like some helpless children.

PS: It's Idi Amin Dada that allegedly ate your relative. Maybe he enjoyed him with a nice chianti and some fava beans.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by mishigas]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Heh, they DO grow their own food... and in very large quantities, the issue is the farmers cant sell the stuff or export it and it sits rotting at the African docks and ports by the tons.

Why?.. because of the greedy Western and European farmers and corporations who scream blue murder when it comes to protecting their overblown income with government subsidies.

So...you're telling us that they grow tons of food, harvest it, and send it to the docks only to watch it sit there and rot?

How many times do they do that before they figure out it's a losing game?

If their population is starving, then why not feed them instead of watching the food rot?

Who's in charge over there? Who is allowing the French to control their agri-business from a thousand miles away?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Some excellent insights and opinions. And you know what?
None of you are wrong. Yet none of you are completely right.

To us it seems simple enough: have less children, get an education, stop raping, stop killing, fighting, blaming. Take more responsibility.

Unfortunately, what is common sense to you and I - becomes an unsurmountable impasse in Africa.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I could say some very harsh and wholly not politically correct things... learned from experience and actually having been to that continent. However, I will simply say that we should pull the aid out of there and every American business that has ties to Africa should be fined/taxed/regulated into oblivion. Feed folks in our own back yard before feeding people who care nothing for themselves or eachother.

I grew up and saw white guilt for exactly what it is a while ago. Typical underhanded control or manipulation mechanism invented by TPTB... stop being so blind. I grew up around blacks and loved them just as any other human being. I saw what entitlements and white guilt has done to that race over the decades. Some here are simply contributing to it all with this weird mindset that we MUST care for poor blacks because they are apparently too stupid to care for themselves. Far from the truth, but you should look at some of your words from a different point of view. Blacks have all new slave masters now... and slavery is alive and well in the US and elsewhere.. the chains have just changed appearance. Stop contributing to it.

SOme bear a great burden that they dont even realize by ENABLING more children to be born into abject poverty and abuse... all in the name of "good works", "feeding the poor" , "welfare".... and etc. Why do you support such evil things? You arent feeding the "poor"... there are plenty of true poor to be actually fed without playing the NWO/TBTB game.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I honestly believe the best thing developed nations can do to help poorer countries is to mind their own business and focus on advancing their own societies. I believe they can then best help the poorer countries by granting them open or cheap access to their knowledge & technology but not pushing this on them, thus allowing those less developed nations to develop as they choose.

I think if developed countries hadn’t interfered with many poorer nations, that they may well have developed past where they are now and possibly even developed into more advanced societies than our own.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The only people eating well in Africa are the poachers, gem and mineral barons, and various militia groups and cartels. The people of Africa have been suffering at the hands of opportunistic a-holes making off with their valuable riches....these a-holes are both foreign and domestic. I personally feel that much of the responsibility for what happens in Africa should rest with us and every other wealthy/powerful country that has done little to nothing to help these poor people.

You ever see 'Blood Diamond'????? Watch it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dixie70
...... However, I will simply say that we should pull the aid out of there and every American business that has ties to Africa should be fined/taxed/regulated into oblivion....

Yeah right, that will never happen... have you ever come across a politician that will fine/tax/regulate himself into oblivion?? They all have their fingers in companies that is mining and taking from Africa, be it the oil companies in Angola, Congo, and elsewhere, or the Anglo-Americans in diamond, gold, copper, etc. mining operations... why would they give up their wealth?

I am still living in Africa, and the only reason why I will rather keep my mouth shut about the white guilt is because it is off topic.

Back to the food shortage and the reason why I asked whether it would be cruel to stop feeding Africa...

Zimbabwe (back then Rhodesia) was known as "the pantry of the world." They had the richest cattle farms in Africa, they had the best maize farms, the largest tabacco farms (okay, you cannot eat tabacco, but it makes lots of money for the economy). When Mugabe took over (with the help of the western nations), he first slaughtered the Matabele people (that did not support him) by the thousands, but the west kept quiet, they did not call it genocide, because then they had to do something about it. After that he forced the white farmers off their land. The highest producing cattle farms today lay wasted, over grazed by bloody goats!!! Not due to a lack of education, but due to greed. You see as they took the farms, it was handed over to government ministers and their friends. They were not interested in farming, and it all went to waste.

The same is starting to happen in South Africa, but the world turns a blind eye. Thousands of farmers are attacked, tortured and murdered, but the world does not want to get involved... Guess what? South Africa is still feeding itself and lots of the neighbouring countries, but give it another 10 years, and you will be feeding South Africa as well.

P.S. Zimbabwe is not starving because of drought... that is what the press is telling you... It is starving because all the farmers has been forced off their land and nobody is bothering to farm. Those who do farm just plant enough for themselves and their immediate family, they don't bother to produce more than they need, and thus be able to produce for the rest of the country. It is not an education thing, it is a will power and forward thinking thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As some of you have stated STOP FEEDING AFRICA

If you feed them they will carry on relying on you, you spend million on feeding Africa but that money could be used to teach them how to farm for themselves.

I can guarantee if you show them how to farm and give them the tools to do it, they will feed themselves and even make money off exports.

But this wont happen as for this to happen a few thousand people will have to die from starvation in order for the governments of these countries to get the point there there is no more free food, and they have to work for it and farm it themselves.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by mishigas

1in 4 South African men are rapists
Don't forget the Congo

so men men are doing the raping

This is out of selected parts of Africa. Once you in the CBD this is no longer a fact... its the media turning the truth upside down

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

You make it sound so simple, but really it ISN'T!!! The main problem with agriculture in many parts of Africa is the lack of rainfall on a regular basis. That would be the number one bump in the road so to speak. There would also be a need for vast quantities of farming tools and animals, since affording tractors and the like is pretty much out of the question.
By all rights, Africa is a mineral-rich and gem-rich continent, and many of the people living there SHOULD be fairing far better than they are now. I put most of the blame squarely on the mineral mining, precious and semi-precious gem mining, and oil companies that have been profiting off the backs of the weak and innocent over there. It is allowed to go down though because these resources provide the rest of the world with an abundance of diamonds and other gems.....not to mention the 60 or so metals that are mined there, many of which are used in items like computer hardware. Basically, I think that we keep feeding Africa so that we have an abundance of cheap labor to get to the gems and minerals that we want.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I would agree with OP.

Instead of feeding them, why not give them the ability to feed themselves?

oh wait, I know why, that would make them self sustaining, and then they wouldnt be DEPENDENT on US!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dixie70

I partly agree we perpetuate the misery by feeding them and calling that 'charity' so we can pat ourselves on the back and say how compassionate we are

We also forget that Africa has the same level of technological development as the rest of the Developed world, poverty and disease and desperation are not the whole story

Africa has all the resources it needs to solve it's own problems but NWO/PTB is all over the place stomping out any shoots of hope that spring up,that they do not have their hands in .As we all know they feed /profit off of the misery they create and that is not an exclusively African problem that's what THEY are doing to all of us

it really is true that unless all of are free none of us are free

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join