It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iran Arms Syria With Radar

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Iran Arms Syria With Radar


online.wsj.com

JERUSALEM—Iran has sent Syria a sophisticated radar system that could threaten Israel's ability to launch a surprise attack against Iran's nuclear facilities, say Israeli and U.S. officials, extending an alliance aimed at undermining Israel's military dominance in the region.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I know I'm kind of going crazy with all of these Iran/Israel/U.S. threads, but this news is really bothering me. I feel that this is all going to lead up to WWIII. This is all going to end very very badly. With the threats from Iran to the EU, Russia sending troop carriers to Palestine, and the warships in the Persian Gulf there are a lot of countries that are going to be involved in this one and fighting on many fronts.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Not sure if this will help or make things worse for ya, but the video is very interesting....




news.bbc.co.uk...



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Your worried about that fact that Iran has sold Syria (It's neighbor) a radar system that may limit Israel from LAUNCHING A SURPRISE ATTACK?

Good grief... maybe Israel should play a little nicer in the sandbox with their neighbors.

I don't think Syria is going to attack Israel with a defensive Radar system.



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45
 


the nerve of Iran,
what kind of country would do such a thing,
what God given right does syria and Iran have in defending them selves against Gods chosen people (thats what you get when you use Tescos Value Condoms)



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wise move on Iran's part given the situation they're in. Syria is in the same boat as Iran is in. It's on the colonization list. I can fully understand why they would ally with Iran and help out.



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I see a sticky situation now. The radar in syria may also be attacked now starting a war with syria on the sidelines directly neighboring israel. If israel attacks the radar then it will be fighting a two fronted war...not a wise move for them...or the minute the radar gets hit...iran knows an attack is coming...its a win win situation for iran either way...



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45
 


Same Source.

Iran denied that it had sent sophisticated radars to Syria. "It is absolutely not true," said Mohamad Bak Sahraee, spokesman for Iran's mission to the United Nations. Hezbollah officials in Beirut declined to comment.


See, nothing to worry about. They denied the whole thing.


Yeah right. Like I believe anything out of Tehran


So what now? Just another white lie?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by SLAYER69]



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sure they're going to deny it. One doesn't give their defenses and their strategies away.



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Not really. In ANY conflict that goes down, Israel knows that it may now be facing a 5 front war with Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza and the West Bank. I dont think with the way tensions are currently that Israel would strike any 1 of these 5 without having prepped in case the other 4 jump in. Maybe they do, maybe they dont, but i bet Israel is prepared for any eventuality.



Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I see a sticky situation now. The radar in syria may also be attacked now starting a war with syria on the sidelines directly neighboring israel. If israel attacks the radar then it will be fighting a two fronted war...not a wise move for them...or the minute the radar gets hit...iran knows an attack is coming...its a win win situation for iran either way...



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Not really. In ANY conflict that goes down, Israel knows that it may now be facing a 5 front war with Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Gaza and the West Bank. I dont think with the way tensions are currently that Israel would strike any 1 of these 5 without having prepped in case the other 4 jump in. Maybe they do, maybe they dont, but i bet Israel is prepared for any eventuality.



Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I see a sticky situation now. The radar in syria may also be attacked now starting a war with syria on the sidelines directly neighboring israel. If israel attacks the radar then it will be fighting a two fronted war...not a wise move for them...or the minute the radar gets hit...iran knows an attack is coming...its a win win situation for iran either way...


They may even face a war with the US....haha...the US did have plans in 1967 to attack israel hehe...Check out my thread on that topic :-)



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45
 


Well even if it doesn't lead to WW3 you can bet both the US and Russia are making a killing from arms sales.



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL
 

Reminds me of something...oh yeah Israel's near annihilation of Lebanon on the heels War Drums on Iran 2006. Not to be confused with War Drums on Iran the Sequel in 2008.



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL
 

Reminds me of something...oh yeah Israel's near annihilation of Lebanon on the heels War Drums on Iran 2006. Not to be confused with War Drums on Iran the Sequel in 2008.


So lets return to the original topic shall we. Even if the new Syrian radar is destroyed, this will give Iran the heads up and will be hard for them to mount a surprise attack don't you think?

Also do you not remember the USS Stark? That was a pair of subsonic missles that went past the AEGIS and killed the stark. The exocet was a french subsonic missile...are you telling me that 2-3 sunburns with a lot of exocets wont EVER hit a carrier?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]



posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
well first of all I would like to make a point.

Knowing you have incoming is a lot different
than having the means to stop that incoming.



posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix
 


I don't think he's worried about that in particular more the situation as a whole. This will somewhat level the playing field. Israel used to be quite good at fighting on multiple fronts if I remember correctly, I wonder if they still have the skills?

I'm not sure about the Saudi air corridor, conveniently leaked don't you think? A diversion for an attack from the North? Or perhaps their recent fall out with the Turks, will mean a double whammy via Saudi airspace and Azerbaijan!



posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
A surprise attack is just what a coward like Israel would do. Usually you declare war before you attack, so the civilian population has time to seek shelter.



posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45
 


In a world where reality reigns this would be the actual title of the piece in the Wall Street Journal.

'Iran supplies her ally with radar to defend herself from Israeli aggression'.

There is no way Iran and Syria are going to attack Israel directly. The only way you will see a conflict is with the first shots being fired by Israel/U.S..



posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL
 

Reminds me of something...oh yeah Israel's near annihilation of Lebanon on the heels War Drums on Iran 2006. Not to be confused with War Drums on Iran the Sequel in 2008.


So lets return to the original topic shall we. Even if the new Syrian radar is destroyed, this will give Iran the heads up and will be hard for them to mount a surprise attack don't you think?

Also do you not remember the USS Stark? That was a pair of subsonic missles that went past the AEGIS and killed the stark. The exocet was a french subsonic missile...are you telling me that 2-3 sunburns with a lot of exocets wont EVER hit a carrier?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]


AEGIS wasnt on at the time the Cap says.

Now Israle will probably mess with that radar system for some time before the launch....meaning weeks or longer with daily jamming and chaff drops, false alarms or any number of other things. They wont give the Syrians a good read.

I would say that the radars will be working fine when Israle break into Iranian air space.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Logarock]



posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by above
A surprise attack is just what a coward like Israel would do. Usually you declare war before you attack, so the civilian population has time to seek shelter.



Yes I had heard that the Hez would always call Rabins Deli there in Tel Aviv and warn then that they were about to lunch rockets.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join