It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns EU of "dire consequences" over sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
With Iran making threats to the EU, the Middle East will be surely engulfed in more war soon. In a letter to EU council members Iran said that they are more determined than ever to pursue its "absolutely peaceful nuclear program." What a load of B.S. Iranian leaders have said many times that they would use any nuclear weapons obtained to destroy the western world. www.reuters.com...

With warships from multiple countries in the Persian Gulf it is not a matter of if, but a matter of when the airstrikes will begin.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The sanctions have started to come down hard on Iran and we will not know the full impact of the sanctions until they are all put in place. So far the sanctions do seem to be affecting Iran. Obama is set to sign more sanctions into place on Thursday this week.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

I have a question to ask you op? Do you think the United States will get involved in the Israel Iran conflict? And if we do, do you think we will bring back the draft?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I will humor you here
The U.S. is already involved

I don't think the draft would be reinstated

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
What a load of B.S. Iranian leaders have said many times that they would use any nuclear weapons obtained to destroy the western world.

Can you give sources for this statement?

I have grown up believing that Iran was against the U.S. but lots of people I talk to say that's just propaganda by the USA and that Iran has not made threats against US or anyone else. These people say you cannot find any news article where Iran was the aggressor.

Can any one offer proof that iran feels this way towards the U.S. or has ever been the aggressor?

~~~~~
Thinking about it Iran being the aggressor does not make sense. If I am a little man with a pot of gold I am not going to threaten and intimidate the Big strong guy on the block and dare him to take it.

Perhaps they have been this foolish, I just don't know hence I want sources.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Here is what I have:

Tehran warned Washington today that it could inflict "harm and pain" on the US to match any consequences Iran might suffer as a result of referral to the UN security council over its nuclear programme

www.guardian.co.uk...

"Be careful," Ahmadinejad warned Obama, according to numerous media reports. "If you set step in [President George] Bush's path, the nations' response would be the same tooth-breaking one as they gave Bush."

latimesblogs.latimes.com... 0c

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Iran has said many times? Really? Or have you been told they have said? Where have they said this?

Undoubtedly, such a confrontational approach may leave dire consequences in the relations between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the European Union," Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said in a letter to EU foreign ministers obtained by Reuters on Wednesday.

In relations. As in economic and political.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Here is a utube vid

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Very old news. This is an inflammatory myth propagated by the U.S. and Israel to convince the world it was okay for the US to colonize Iran like it is attempting to do with Iraq and Afghanistan. Ahmadinejad's words were translated by many people, and it was revealed that was not what he said.

The problem with stories like this that go viral is that very few people ever hear the truth about them after the initial sensation is over. And what sticks in their minds is the lie.

Just like with the WMD in Iraq, Iraq buying yellow cake uranium, and Saddam Hussein killing millions.

These people LIE to get what they want.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
These sanctions are what Muhammad Ali called the "Rope-a-Dope." for the Iranian regime.

Whether the additional restrictions planned by the U.S. and E.U. will be enough to substantially alter Iranian behavior remains to be seen. The country's leaders have managed to evade every previous attempt to curb their nuclear program, and by now they are masters of the diplomatic rope-a-dope.

articles.baltimoresun.com...

If these sanctions are passed and instated on Iran, they will respond militarily and use them as justification. They would not have to look far to find US forces and interests to attack and relieve some of their pent up aggression.

After that, all bets are off and it is full-scale war against the Islamic Republic. These sanctions are a provocative move and to hasten armed conflict. If I remember correctly, congressman Ron Paul called sanctions an act of war, and in a sense they are, because it is similar to a blockade or another debilitating military maneuver. We remember how harsh sanctions were for Iraqi civilians, and how beneficial they were for the regime financially(Oil for Food Program) and for political brownie points.

As UNICEF and other United Nations bodies and officials have reported, the sanctions (which the U.S. and U.K., primarily, refused to have lifted), added to the death toll since 1991 and was estimated to be close to 1 million deaths up to 1998 with mass starvations and disease (while Saddam Hussein had remained unaffected, and he himself sometimes used that for political advantage).

www.globalissues.org...

Just as Saddam Hussein and his thugs used the sanctions as a tool for political advantage, so will the Iranian regime. Then there are US bases on Iran's door step in Iraq. US forces are no longer policing the the streets, villages, towns, and cities. As a result of that, Iranian agents may be operating with little to no contention by the Iraqi security forces? As we are no doubt gathering intelligence and seeking vulnerabilities to military facilities covertly in Iran, the Iranian Quds Force is doing the same in Iraq. We may hear about vicious attacks on US military facilities in Iraq in the immediate aftermath of sanctions, a resurgence of the insurgency, and a government in upheaval collapsing.

All I am saying is, Iran would not have to look far for someone to grind their axe upon. Perhaps, that is what the US and its allies want by championing these sanctions? Any form of military confrontation would be deemed an act of war, and we will see the gates of hell opened.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, i'm checking them out now.

What I find interesting is there is some spin put on what Iran says.

Just do a search for ' Iran threatens the U.S.

The title of this article is: Iranian Plane Crashes as Ahmadinejad Threatens Israel and US

It states:

In his speech marking the anniversary of the Iran-Iraq war in 1980, the president threatened, "No power will ever dare to think of launching aggression against Iran. Today, Iran is experienced and powerful. Our armed forces are ready to confront the forces of darkness. If anybody wants to shoot a bullet at us from anywhere, we will cut off his hands."

Source www.israelnationalnews.com...

Iran is Not threatening the U.S and Israel here, only saying that it would Defend itself.. but the spin makes people think this is a threat.

You really have to think about exactly what is being said, who said it and why they said it.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
By the way, Ahmadinejad is pulling out some sanctions of his own. Here.

Also? As I mentioned before, the war drums beat against Iran in almost this exact same way in both 2006 and 2008. Seem like this play book has a two-year cycle.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

I guess I won't be starting up my business cleaning spilled coca cola off of computers.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
LOL. No Coke for you!

This is interesting reading too. The reaction to the sanctions on Iran from Iran.

Iran says to set terms for any new nuclear talks

You have to take it with a grain of salt. When they say things like "Death to the U.S." and "Death to Israel," it's been explained to me, that they mean to their ideals. Not to the people. Things apparently get lost in the translation...the figurative for the literal.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Thanks again

Here is a article with the MSM spin

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told reporters Monday in Tehran that the decision is aimed at "punishing them (the West) to teach them the custom of talking to our nation. (AP)

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oooooooooo, the EU should be shaking in their boots. No really they should be loading their jets with bombs and ships with troops and invade that damn country. Iraq kills thousands of innocent Kurds and Iran just sits there. The US has to come in and save the day. Iraq invades Kuwait and Iran just sits there and the US has to save the day again. Once we kick Iraq out of Kuwait Saddam goes even more brutal torturing and killing even more people, then the US saves the day once again. I think we should give some pay back to some of these countries, bomb them back to the stone age. I am sick and tired of saving these people, lets just get the show on the road and kill them all.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by extremedeath]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The only country to ever nuke another is the US. What hypocrisy coming form some member about a real threat.

Why is it ok for the US and many other countries to have nuclear power BUT not ok for another like Iran??

Isn't it the US that has gone to war every decade??

Why don't you throw some "Axis of Evil" comments...

new topics

top topics

join