It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A car and plane, all in one! This is a must see!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

snippet from news source below:

"Going from plane to car "takes about the same amount of time as putting down your convertible top," and the transition takes place from inside the cockpit. After landing, a cockpit-operated system folds up the wings, and the pilot can drive away."

Imagine this!

your just cruising down the highway, and suddenly you feel like flying, so you do!

Another snippet from news source below:

"Transition is designed for trips of up to about 450 miles and can travel about 100 miles per hour in the air and "highway speeds" on the ground of "65, 70, [miles per hour] -- something like that," Dietrich said."

I don't know about you guys but this makes me want a promotion

I used to think the cars of the future would be something like this:www.foxnews.com...

but I just may be wrong
given this new car! Only time will tell!

anyway what are your guys thoughts on this?

[edit on 30-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Said in an oldie-time radio guy voice.....

"it's the future!!!!"

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Ya i'm not so sure but it would be cool if it was!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When I was a kid, they used to say that we'd have flying cars. Well, I want my flyin car. I don't want an airplane the has folding wing for highway driving. I wanna drive in traffic, pull over to the side and pull a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Edit to add, who's gonna work on this? And does the prop disengage for highway driving?

[edit on 6/30/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

who doesn't friend

But at the same time I don't think in the future EVERYONE will have one but they'll be more common!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Saw the plane/car, plar? on tv in action. It looked like it had a lot of blind spots when driving, the wings get in the way. Great idea, not too sure about the design yet, time will tell.

Probably a good thing it is starting out really expensive, only 20 hours required to get an air license. Don't want too many of them out there til they work the bugs out. It's hard enough watching for the guy whose going to crash into you from the back, or sides, now you'll have to watch from the air too

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I'm almost 57 and running out of time. Where's George Jetson when you need him?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

ya, gonna have to have your sunroof open at all times!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
First, it's like $194,000. Yeahnothanks.

Plus, to fly it you MUST go to an airport to take off and land it. Well, what's the friggin' point of that? May as well just buy a plane.

Plus, can you imagine how expensive the insurance would be on that thing?

Get into a fender-bender and you've destroyed the front wing-thing (or worse, the tail section. This thing is as pointless as the Segway.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

www.youtube.com...

What you mean these arent real?

another thing that makes me laugh (said in a deep voice) a space odyssey 2001!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'd like it better if they didn't have such awkward looking wings. They look like they would get in the way if the skies ever filled up with these. Bumping into someone in the air just bad.

There was a movie, Bruce Willis, I think it was the Fifth Element, they had some really cool flying cars. Tight, compact speedy little things. Or miniature Stealths. The jet, not the Dodge
yeah, that's what I want.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Allstate, are you in good hands?

but ya seriously, it is really cool in my opinion but I would be paranoid to drive it!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

can you imagine a f.w.i flying while intoxicated?

now they'll have to have cops in the air, cause I don't think a helicopter could chase this down!

[edit on 30-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

yea..I posted it this morning,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

no one read mine tho..lol well 5 people did..good luck..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ya morning is a bad time to post, or at least from personal experience!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There would be nothing cooler than driving along with traffic, then at the switch of a button, and letting a little space in front of you, you are able to take off from the ground and fly over traffic, and land in front of the traffic jam. Space letting ovcourse.

I'm sure landing on the highway casually will be against the law, I wonder how big the ticket would be. And if it is not that big, I would love to try it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

If your speeding on the highway and a cop tries to pull you over you could just take off and fly to like another state!

I wonder what the MPG is on this thing!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It'll never happen,

who will be the AIR TRAFFIC CONTORLLERS, and why would i pay for that kind of license from THE STATE, not to mention the "terrorist THREAT"...
(can i order mine made out of c4?)(how much cargo space?)

and i bet they've already been drinking and drive/flying... can you image if you survived a crash and was found drunk....

the Idea is kewl but the reality is not gonna happen, too many restrictions, for the all to simple minded mass public...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
It'll never happen,

who will be the AIR TRAFFIC CONTORLLERS, and why would i pay for that kind of license from THE STATE, not to mention the "terrorist THREAT"...
(can i order mine made out of c4?)(how much cargo space?)

and i bet they've already been drinking and drive/flying... can you image if you survived a crash and was found drunk....

the Idea is kewl but the reality is not gonna happen, too many restrictions, for the all to simple minded mass public...

As awesome as this is, I agree that it cannot be made practical anytime soon. When the first thug mounts a homemade machine gun to the fender all hell will break loose. Can you imagine plane cars raining from the sky onto cities?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Same reply as in the previous thread.

It's still the same boring unpractical concept as the first flying car from 1949...

en.wikipedia.org...

It's sad that the Jetsons from 1963 are still futuristic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd6b8a178b74.jpg[/atsimg]

This guy tried better and failed too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join