It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warships gather in Persian Gulf: update

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
With German warships in the armada with US, Israeli & British warships, the Germans can be proud of how they will contribute to starting 3 world wars in 100 years.

Well said!

* for you.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I wish we would show the world what the United States ARMY can do ARMY vs. ARMY instead of the cowardly force shown by the Iraqi and Afghan shoot and runners. We would decimate the Iran army within a matter of days. I would love to see it happen to shut up that retard that is running that country up once and for all. While we are at it we need to bomb Britain as well, give them real payback for the revolutionary war.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by extremedeath]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by extremedeath

Bomb Britian?

That escalated quickly!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by extremedeath
I wish we would show the world what the United States ARMY can do ARMY vs. ARMY instead of the cowardly force shown by the Iraqi and Afghan shoot and runners.

Strange Logic.

What the Iraqi freedom fighters are doing is more courageous than what our boys are doing.

Sorry, but that's the truth of it; it takes bigger balls to fight on foot with light weapons against armoured vehicles and air support than it does to fight foot soldiers with light weapons from an armoured vehicle with air support.

Edit:

You were just joking right?

What a kidder you are.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Hmmmm " President Obama told Israel that this would be a show of force " I think sending 3 battle groups is a LOT MORE than a show of force, anyone wanna venture a guess as to what a a "carrier group" consists of????

A typical carrier / battle group has :

1 Aircraft Carrier - 80 fighter jets
2 Guided Missile Cruisers
2 Destroyers
1 Frigate
2 Submarines
1 Supply Ship

So you mean to tell me ..... 3 battle groups need to be there to have a "show of force"

3 Aircraft Carrier - 240 fighter jets
6 Guided Missile Cruisers
6 Destroyers
3 Frigate
6 Submarines
3 Supply Ship

Sounds more like a whole lot of trouble to me.....

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Don't forget the marine expeditonary units

2nd line of words and stuff

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It seems the U.S. and Israel are on a two-year cycle with their attempts to colonize Iran...2006...2008...2010. Always this time of year two. And virtually the same playbook...right down to the smack talk back and forth and the TV interviews about them getting uranium and WMD, which in essence is the Iraq play book revisted as well.

Anyone remember how it ended the last two times? We're up to the part where Iran says they'll talk about the nukes again...

These observations in no way trivialize the seriousness of the situation or assume that this time it won't "take." At any moment a real incident or false flag could trigger hell.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Oppps I forgot them guys, yeh either way its a whole lot of people and game pieces (its all a game to them) to be a show of force.....

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Senz20

you get a star for the avatar. lol.
second line filer.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
reply to post by john124

At least Germany will be on the winning side for once! They are 0-2 in World Wars thus far.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, what possible outcome could there be for the Allied Team to lose this World War ? I will give you a hint: Treachery on behalf of the Israelis.

Imagine all our best warships, troops ect...... Nuked in one spot ? by Israel who then try and make it look like them Ayrabs done it. The West would be done for and Israel would then have a major seat of power like it has been foretold.

I... you... thats... sigh!~ never mind!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Someone please explain why this is not msm news?
should be as hot as the gulf issue.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You know this could really work out very well for china and Russia its obvious that the america is on the warpath for the resources in the middle east as a way to get to Siberia eventually. What I would do If I was china or even Russia first I would help Iran look like they are trying to make nuclear weapons but failed, just to get blood in the water and let the sharks smell it, then since they brought some ships and troops in the golf faint weakness for Iran, while secretly giving them some nukes, and since they would of expected this to happen they would be ready to deploy them. Thought not on the mainland of america that would be just stupid china would need all those customers, but on there troops in the area and basses, and since they brought there warships target them also. One wouldn't lose anything since it would be a proxy war by China or Russia and if the Americans ask say that the Iranians had some nukes, its basically what the american strategy was for the middle eastern wars they started. Proxy wars that wont effect the mainland of the big boys but put a severe strain on the attacking force make them waste resources and manpower while not harming the customers to much from buying products that keeps them going, in fact it would make them more dependent on the products from china. If I was in American forces control I would be very careful some things aren't what they seem and most wars the input in damages far exceed the output in spoils.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Sense says...

I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatched if I were you.
IMHO I think its going to be a no win situation for both sides.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

LOL.

However this is hardly WW3.

I keep saying this and no one listens. If this is WW3, Iran is Poland. A push over state that would have lots of revolts till the end of the war.

Iran can hardly be a major player in a world war, let alone engage in a war.

The US knows this too.

This is more comparable to God destroying Sodom and Gomorrah than a fair fight. We are God, btw, in such scales.

The US has no desire to Occupy. You do NOT occupy regional cultural centers. This is a hard lesson in the history of war. You never win. That is why Cultural centers are cultural centers. They endure.

This will be a strike. And if Iran responds, their invading forces will be destroyed.

This is more like a parent wiping a child than a fist fight between two adults.

It will hardly be a war. It will be an exercise. Destroy the targets, enclose any threatening responses, then talk about peace.

It's like 199o All over again with Iraq. We will not occupy.

I doubt we even get near the capital, let alone put foot troops on the nation.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's Israel that is going to attack. The ships are here "just in case" (in case Iran would want to sink them and give obama and excuse for war).

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Israel has no reason to attack. They could literally chill forever. That's because Iraq, and about 40,000 marines, are in the way of Iran.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard

Hmmmm " President Obama told Israel that this would be a show of force " I think sending 3 battle groups is a LOT MORE than a show of force, anyone wanna venture a guess as to what a a "carrier group" consists of????

A typical carrier / battle group has :

1 Aircraft Carrier - 80 fighter jets
2 Guided Missile Cruisers
2 Destroyers
1 Frigate
2 Submarines
1 Supply Ship

So you mean to tell me ..... 3 battle groups need to be there to have a "show of force"

3 Aircraft Carrier - 240 fighter jets
6 Guided Missile Cruisers
6 Destroyers
3 Frigate
6 Submarines
3 Supply Ship

Sounds more like a whole lot of trouble to me.....

All it takes is a few well placed torpedoes and missles to sink a carrier and all 80 fighters on board....yikes...didnt see that coming did you..

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Again I ask,.. why is this not a major news story.
I have not seen or heard of this military move in the MSM

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Because these movements happen ALL the time and because this is ATS "Where Hype Happens". Nothing to see here.

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Again I ask,.. why is this not a major news story.
I have not seen or heard of this military move in the MSM

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Do these ships broadcast tv propaganda to the iranian people ,I was thinking they could be sending tv an radio seeding disent in the iranian people pure fear ,especially with the size of the force on the door step. thus hopeing for a overthrow of irans gov.
I still think iran dont deserve being attacked though unless she did sumit to israel or another country.
amadin-i -jad always seems logical the most part except for the dilly dallying and we are we are not ,but thats a culture thing in it, to change your mind a lot

[edit on 7/2/2010 by dashar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join