It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warships gather in Persian Gulf: update

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

U.S. warships gather in Persian Gulf: update

www.examiner.com

The third aircraft carrier group has just arrived in the Persian Gulf. A German warship is among them. The USS Truman is posted opposite Iran’s commando units. President Obama told Israel that this would be a show of force, intended to intimidate Iran’s President Ahmadinejad into ceasing to develop nuclear weapons. This is Obama’s substitute for a pre-emptive attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Here is an update about the warships in the Persian Gulf. According to this article, this is Obama's subsitute for a pre-emptive attack. I was under the impression that the pre-emptive attack that is sure to come in the next few weeks would be the pre-emptive attack. It sounds like Iran is still two years away from fielding nuclear weapons, so apparently Obama will have quite a bit of time to make his move.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
All three are there now. This is not a small dea, nor does it bode well (despite the flashbacks to about 2006). Peace will no longer be tolerated.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I honestly don't see how Obama can attack Iran. The left, and now the right, complained about being wrong on WMD, and they would do the whole thing over again?

Fool me once...

If this does happen, they are really trying to cover something big back here in the USA. Perhaps a last resort to prevent an economic implosion?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

If this does happen, they are really trying to cover something big back here in the USA. Perhaps a last resort to prevent an economic implosion?

Yes, here is the sign of impending doom - US Dollar unreliable global reserve currency – UN

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
With German warships in the armada with US, Israeli & British warships, the Germans can be proud of how they will contribute to starting 3 world wars in 100 years.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

We need to see what Putin does. He's not going to easily let western forces use micro nukes or DU on Iran. The Caspian sea is too close, it will be contaminated. Iran may be safe for awhile.

Besides, when Georgia lost the 5 day war resupply routes to Iran remained open. If Iran is hit it will be resupplied. If there is a ground invasion the Russians can cross into Iran from the North and cut the country in half, taking the Northwest part. The Caspian sea would remain under Russian control.

Don't forget about those White Swans. They might just take a few close up runs over British skies. British ships are at risk for a retaliation strike with Oniks missiles.

We may read reports of Akula class subs off the Eastern US coast, just sightseeing.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by chorizo4]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

This might not be much of a reply but take it for what it's worth.
I read somewhere on ATS yesterday that Russia is seemingly stepping away from Iran.. I think they cancelled some deal with Iran, Iran wanted an advanced missile defense system. I think there were some other signs too that together painted a picture of Russia not wanting to stand behind Iran any longer..

Maybe somebody else will know.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Should we start counting down now????

Months...weeks... or days...???

It costs big bucks to send all those vessels there for the US and the other countries...

This will be a distraction for what Obama is not doing in the Gulf..

Iran is not dumb enough to start a fight. They will wait until we take to first

action then they will have the "right" to defend themselves.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Russia is giving 50 troop carriers to Palestine, so if Russia is stepping away from Iran they are still toeing the line with the Israel/Palestine situation, which will directly influence the Iran situation...I think

www.israelnationalnews.com...

edit to add link

[edit on 6/30/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

They stepped away because of the sanctions. It's for show. If push comes to shove, and either Israel or the U.S. attack Iran, in all likelihood Russia will be selling arms to Iran again. China is another one in a similar situation...if the Strait is blockaded or torn up, they'll be very angry.

reply to post by ccsct203

When is something everyone's speculating on. We've been here with Iran before...in 2006 it looked for sure as if we were going in. My belief is that Ahmadinejad averted that situation by drawing world attention. It's almost the identical situation today as it was then...nukes...ships moving in...speculation all over the place...warnings back and forth...sanctions.

FWIW, Castro predicted July 2. It's something interesting to keep in mine. There was a thread here on a letter from him analyzing the whole situation that that came out of. Was interesting to read through.

Here's a thread with a map of troop positions and some discussion and other related links if you're interested.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

At least Germany will be on the winning side for once! They are 0-2 in World Wars thus far.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Historically, the best way to get out of an economic quagmire, is to start a war. Morally I find the idea deplorable but if one examines the effects directly, the stimulus is quite heavy, and it usually works in the long run.

The President and the leaders of the free world, know this to be true and I fear that they are planning a preemptive strike to secure their own economies. Follow along for a minute:

First came the war in Iraq with a coalition of the willing, second a questionable foray into the drug addled Afghanistan, now saber rattling with Iran. Throw in a diversion like the Gulf disaster and it secures a need for foreign oil supplies, justifying an incursion.

Are we seeing a pattern here? I am NOT a conspiracy nut, but the facts are beginning to overwhelm me.

I salute the men and women serving in all armies, they are doing a fantastic and thankless job. However; more coffins are to be expected along Canada's Highway of Heroes in the coming months, and on the tarmac of our partners airfields.

The fat lady is nowhere near the building.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Can Putin loose control of the Caspian Sea? Does he want more weapon systems placed in Iran aimed at Russia?

What choice does Putin have in this? Like it or not, Russia and Iran are linked together. Putin will resupply Iran if it is hit hard. He has no choice.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
reply to post by john124

At least Germany will be on the winning side for once! They are 0-2 in World Wars thus far.

I wouldnt be so sure. Dont underestimate the enemy, just because their allied with 'the most powerful army in the world' I am sure the US will loose this war.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
seriously i mean come on.....attack iran and not find wmd's is that what we want just as iraq.....but with todays media they would put out something saying we found wmd's even if we didnt...surprised they didnt with the iraq war....and just think of the instability that will follow in the region.....this could be bad if we decide to take a bite instead of barking................in my opinion we (all humans) need to embrace globalization.......everyone is so paranoid about the nwo like its evil........i think that comes from people and their stories (religions) they have been brought up on

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203
Should we start counting down now????

Months...weeks... or days...???

It costs big bucks to send all those vessels there for the US and the other countries...

This will be a distraction for what Obama is not doing in the Gulf..

Iran is not dumb enough to start a fight. They will wait until we take to first

action then they will have the "right" to defend themselves.

It cost a million per day to run a carrier in 2004 dollars.
Second verse same as the first...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Oh no so they are already going ahead with this opeartion?

Iranian soilders arent like those iraqis that just stopped fighting, iran will fight till the end.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
reply to post by john124

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, what possible outcome could there be for the Allied Team to lose this World War ? I will give you a hint: Treachery on behalf of the Israelis.

Imagine all our best warships, troops ect...... Nuked in one spot ? by Israel who then try and make it look like them Ayrabs done it. The West would be done for and Israel would then have a major seat of power like it has been foretold.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ummm this was posted just 4 threads down from yours. Already being discussed-8 pages worth:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join