It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime Free Zones declared in Calif City.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Well nice attempt, but what is this suppose to achieve?

How is this gonna achieve its purpose?

What will stop criminals from committing crime? Ego? Law? They don't follow the law, isn't that why they are called criminals?

Another solution would be to take some amount of money from each richest person in America and help those poor neighborhoods, help them thrive, help them fix family problems, help them open businesses where they see hope in their communities, and see jobs, and then maybe, just maybe they won't pursue a life of crime,hatred, violence, drugs etc..

This is deemed to fail

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Heh.yeah, and my garden is a raccoon free zone, too. Now somebody tell these critters this is so.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
That's like begging for criminals to come to that area.

Criminals love signs like that. It's like saying "Fresh Untouched Land!"

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If I was a judge and someone came before me charged with criminal activities in a crime free zone......

I might have to sentence them to Double Secret Probation!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wow!

Seems we don't need organized religion anymore to keep us in line. All we need is the Lancaster County code makers! Of course I am sure they have polite criminals who will follow the wishes of the code makers to the letter.

If we could just now expand this thought to an international scale, we could eliminate war, as well. Just have the UN pass a code and place a sign in every member's country.

Ain't life grand!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru
That's like begging for criminals to come to that area.

Criminals love signs like that. It's like saying "Fresh Untouched Land!"

Someone's been there, done that ..

It is good that at least some people have the Wisdom.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Freaking morons! So what would be the court defense, he committed a crime in a crime free zone... oh wait no, he was only a couple of inches away from the sign on the outer perimeter. Case dismissed.. And since specifying that crime is not allowed in a designated area must obviously grant the right to commit a crime out of the area

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
signs don't mean anything except ruin the scenery. we have drug free zone signs- but they still deal drugs in the zone. stop signs,yeild signs, merge signs no passing signs- hardly anyone pays attention. a criminal is a criminal and doesn't care about signs. look at nyc- guns are illegal but how many shootings do they have every year?
if you are going to commit no sign will stop you.
the only way a sign will stop you is if you happen to fall into it somehow and slit your jugular and bleed to death

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
9.32.020 - Definitions.

"Disperse" means to depart from the designated crime free zone and not to reassemble within the crime free zone with anyone from the group ordered to depart for the duration of the zone.

I can't believe all you martial law types haven't jumped on this. It seems like it's a way to declare an area that's subject to more than just the normal rules: an area that has extra regulations that can be enforced. Duh, crime is illegal everywhere, but can you be told to disperse and not reasseble in just any old place? Or is that a special Crime Free Zone authority that is now granted, simply by virtue of the place being designated as such.

Then there's the "break more rules, get more punishment" angle that LE loves to use to turn one act into 5 violations, each with their own mandatory minimum sentences, etc.

But go ahead and keep being distracted by the apparent silliness of the signs. It's fun to think you're smarter than someone else when you're falling for their distractions, right?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Does that imply there are ok to make crime zones?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
O..k. this thread is one to bookmark. So, this city in Ca can have no crime and Vancouver cannot be Nuked.

I think having signs like this do work a little because thugs think this means the area is being watched more closely.

" Signs, signs everywhere are signs. blocking up the scenery, blowing my mind. Do this, don't do that can't you read the signs?"
Tesla - The Band

[edit on 30-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

Things like that have a huge psychological effect on a community. They need it, many times, with the MSM telling them so many things to be afraid of. I think those people are pretty wise.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Is this another way to kick you out from your home/neighborhood with less reason ?

There is already laws for crime and most of the time it need debate and proof( depending type of crime). Plus you are filed (big brother) for the crime you have done and for life ! This is enought, adding more to it like a free crime zone create social borders. And history has a lot of bad exemple with "social border". What if a neighbor find out you have an history(what ever your crime was) and get silly scare ?

Will this kill your chance of living in peace in that same free crime environment ? Will it render you ineligible for moving to this neighborhood ?

You dont need a sign for neighborhood "deportation". People will mostly leave by them self after an ovious crime in there neighborhood. Others neighbors will point, stair and judge. This most be unbearable! Maybe, maybe having the criminal stay in there neighborhood would be a good/hard sentence. If I was to do a crime I would never rob or do what ever in my neighborhood. That is more less getto-organize crime-gang stuff.

Adding free crime zone sign is really stupid in my sense ! Just like writing on/off on a light switch. We know it's on or off. We know crime is not allowed in society, period !

You dont have to practice religion or blindly respect the law in order to be a good citizen. These days you need a good morality because some law just dont make any sense. Where do you get that morality ? My guess is from your environment(parent, school, personnal experience so on ... NOT TV!). Aldo, some people are just sick(psycho) or deviant, they wont just stop because of sign.

This is pure "bourgeoisie" for silly scared people!

Be good now or I'll tatoo the devil's mark on your forhead

I like to think people deserve a second chance and I just dont see how to fit "free crime zone" with second chance.

Hope I make sense. Translating in english can be hard for me, specialy when an idea need alaboration.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

Is this another way to kick you out from your home/neighborhood with less reason ?

Damn I get it, I just realized why they would even have such a stupid law, now I see the meaning behind it.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Here's a new idea for a sign:

"Sign-Free Zone"

[edit on 1-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If you are on parole you are not allowed to live in a crime free neighborhood. As more cities do this parolees are being squeezed in to small areas where they can experience lots of crime.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just to add, I spent my teen years in Landcaster in the mid 90's. I remember it as a horriable desert town, with nothing to do. Glad I got out!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
xD. Are they suggesting that it is ok to commit crimes outside of the "crime free zone"? I think everyone knows all places are supposed to be crime free, it's the criminals that disregard the law and don't care. This sign is just stupid.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by ALlENATlON]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
If you are on parole you are not allowed to live in a crime free neighborhood. As more cities do this parolees are being squeezed in to small areas where they can experience lots of crime.

I agree and we could have verb for that ... Gettolizing. Then a sign that say : "Paroled zone, enter at your own risk".

Have you ever heard someone say : In jail i'll make good contact then I get better opportinuty ?

Heard this a couple of time from friends with "green thumbs".

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

Yes, jail is a great place for criminals to refine their skills and make contacts. There is no effort at rehabilitation in any prison. Many of the so called "criminals" are just outlaws, never having broken any moral code or hurt anyone. They get to learn how to be criminals in jail.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have no idea what to think here. I mean on one hand bit seems good, but on the other hand it almost seems to imply that you're allowed to commit crimes elsewhere. I guess I would have to see the statistics. OP do you have any info on the efficacy of the signs? I mean rather than just poking fun, shouldn't we see if it works? It might be hard to believe but one of the safest cities in the nation is closer to LA than Lancaster is: Irvine, CA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join