It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So. Am I the only one who can do this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So I've just realized that I do not know anyone who can do something that I can and I'm wondering if anyone else can.

Basically, there's a weired feeling I can induce upon myself, as easy as using a muscle. It starts in my lower torso, passes through the body to the back just bellow my shoulders, up through the back to the neck, stops for a brief moment, then starts again up the head to just above the eyes.

When ever I feel like using this... I'm going to call muscle thingy...It makes me feel relieved and at ease. It wakes me up if I'm dozing off, calms fears, and makes me feel kind of invincible and happy, filled with euphoria. The entire region feels like one would if they got up fast from laying down and nearly fainted. But it's controlled and nothing happens. I can also rapidly turn it on and off. This is how I can make myself feel awake if I am feeling tired. If I use it for long enough, this "muscle thingy" spreads across my entire body, with a few areas not feeling it. Not many. If I turn it on continuously, It's like overusing a muscle. Eventually it fails, and it gets harder and harder to turn it on. Though over the years, like a muscle, it's grown stronger. And I can keep it on long enough to make myself feel like an adrenalin rush. It's almost like levels. I reach one, and I start all over again. Don't use it, and slowly I return to a normal feeling.

Now I have no idea what the hell this is. Apparently no one else I know can do this. I'd really like to know who else does.

Personally I think maybe I can control my adrenaline gland. It makes sense based on what I feel like. it doesn't make me run that much longer, but it restores my feeling of strength so I can ignore the pain of running and go a bit further.

In anyone can tell me what this is, I'd like to know. It's freaking me out that no one else can do this.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Your "muscle" thing reminds me of this:

Prana-Bindu Specifically, prana (Breath) and bindu (muscle) trainingprepared one for the state of concentration needed to understand the reality of a situation. This state of concentration was also essential to the Bene Gesserit observational skills and martial art techniques.

To gain the proper attitude for complete concentration, one had to first remove oneself, mentally if not physically, from all distractions. To do this one used relaxation techniques which eliminated the distraction from extraneous stimuli. At this point in her studies, the student also learned how to distinguish primary information from secondary or unessential information - "to see the facts and discard the ghafla."

Once one has relaxed and had begun to observe the proper information, one had to learn to observe closely and clearly. In this state of observation one assimilated pertinent data from the present situation and recalled all pertinent data from memory without error.

dune.wikia.com...-Bindu

Read further.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I think I know what you're talking about, if it's the same thing I can do. It seems to start in the stomach area and radiates through out the body. Thought I was alone on this one, or just maybe nobody else thinks or talks about it. Question, do you pulse it or keep it going? It also seems steerable to the part of the body that I think of
. I know it seems weird, and no I'm not claiming to be an alien or somebody special

Edit to add I was thinking a gland or diaphram thing myself.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by JMech]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hmm, that's pretty interesting. I can't do that but in the mornings when I wake up I can induce a deep relaxation in my arms and shoulders, by lying on my back very still, closing my eyes and meditating. It's sort of a feeling like sleep paralysis, without the REM or hypnagogic imagery. It might go further than my arms but that's where I can really notice it. It is refreshing, or balancing, and feels great. Often I first lie on one side a minute, then the other, sometimes on my stomach with my head comfortably on the side of the pillow facing downwards, then to my back where it starts to work.

It's easiest to do after you wake up and the body is relaxed. I could try to do yours one morning as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Definably sounds like you can do it.

I too can shift it to anywhere. It can be made a pulse or a single continuous feeling. Personally I pulse this odd feeling faster and faster until it becomes a single strain. Then I pulsate it all together. That's what I meant by "levels" of sorts. Like a wave along a wave. hmm.

reply to post by Novise

This is interesting. I stretch too and feel similar, but this may be something different. Try starting in the gut. Seems that's where the other guy starts from too.

reply to post by berkeleygal

This is interesting. Will read.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well I guess we can do it, whatever it is!! Have you done any research on it? Would like some info but really can't think of how to sum it up for a search.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Yea me too. That's why I never searched it. WTF is it called? lol.

FYI, I was wrong. I just asked my mother about it. Turns out they only ever felt it when something bad happened. Deaths, etc. But they did not do it on their will.

I don't think that is the same thing though. This is a good feeling, self induced. Not some psychic thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Agreed, not psychic. Just did a quick google on "euphoric feeling from stomach area"..... don't waste your time with that one unless you want to buy drugs
. Will do more research later now that I know I'm not the only one

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like Chi to me. Also called prana, internal energy and other names. I taught myself tai-chi after experiencing my own weird feelings. With chi I can do similar things like get rid of pain, energize myself when tired, even heal myself. I'm now learning to heal others.

Anyway, look into the affects of chi or tai-chi and see what you think. It moves along the same pathway you described. But it starts at the feet.
Even if it's something else, you cant go wrong with chi.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

I should probably mention it no longer starts in the stomach area alone. Rather, either the Heart, brain, or stomach.

Also Odd. The feet are one of the places I barely feel anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think it is like moving the chi energy around in the body. I can do this, but I don't know if there is anything spiritual about it. It feels relaxing sometimes and sometimes it just feels like a lot of energy or vibration. I know that if you do it right you are supposed to have a kundalini awakening or something like that.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
One more thought on this. Maybe it has to do with the appendix? Most say it is a left over organ we no longer need. Personally I want to keep mine. If it's in there we need it imo.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No, you're not the only one.

If you want it to stop remove the implant.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ii know exactly what your talking about..

you concentrate on i.e. shoulder.. feel the shoulder with the mind..

all of a sudden the shoulder will break out in a almost tingling sensation, but a lower form.. this feeling can then be moved from the shoulder almost anywer in the body, aslong as you feel it slowly moving from placeee to placeee..

im as intrested in finding out what this is as uu r..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Good Lord!

Will you give lessons on how to do this?

Where can I sign up?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i have the same feeling when im ...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

LOL.

As you can see many can. Glad I am not alone on this.

As to concentrating. I recall when I was young I got scared, and did not know the feeling. The feeling of the shock. The tingeing like something is going to get you out of the darkness.

I basically kind of told my brain to do it. Did not know what it was. But since then I can make almost my entire body almost feel like a resonating feeling. No idea what it is.

Best I can tell you is that it started in the very low areas of the gut for me. So....whatever that means. Really I have no idea what it is, just happy I'm not alone.

Guess thats why I see no point in drugs, alcohol, etc etc. All the happiness I could ever want can come from my brain.

Basically I'm Christian though. So I have no idea about this chi or whatever. I've prayed to God to tell me what it is. No idea. maybe it is some sorta chi something or another.

I mean....

I do heal faster than people I know. But I think that's because I am healthier than most people I know. I definably think faster. I can think in 3d, not 2d as so many people do. If you've read some previous posts, I can tell you how to make a warp engine. So I am smart, yea.

But all that I feel anyone can do. And I don't know if it is related at all to this chi or whatever.

I can tell you this. I don't need to concentrate anymore. It just is like moving my arm. I can turn it on and off whenever wherever I feel like.

What that means, answer it yourself. All I know is it helps me keep awake when a professor is talking for a loooong time and helps me go through night upon night without sleep, and also helps me study faster.

That's all I care about.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i get a similar feeling just like that but it seems like i can only turn it on when im tired or sleepy..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I can do this too. It's called coffee.

Joking aside, no I can't do this at all. I have NO idea what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Best I can tell you is that it started in the very low areas of the gut for me. So....whatever that means.

Root chakra? I'm not an expert on the chakras and the meridian systems and all of that.. but it made me think of it. I think it's supposed to be around the gut area. And since it's the root chakra, the most basic one(I think) maybe it makes sense that it started there.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can elaborate further.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join