It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wich country in your opinion has the best weapons?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I hate to break it to ya But The USA Sh*t does stink!!!!!!!!!, Iam so tired of ppl saying the US is all,Frankly its not!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
LOL. The US has a weak military. Their technology is sophisticated but their troops are ill diciplined compared to many armies in europe. US army has the best Friendly fire i must add. Man if i was in the US army i would worry about my allies too.

Italy has a good standard force and the basically have the greatest influence in the mediterranian but over all they arn't they greatest of powers in europe. FORZA ITALIA!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I would say the U.S. actually sucks
. The army is bull$hit, though they have technology IU bet Russia would beat the U.S. any time. Russians give their lives for their country!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I would say the U.S. actually sucks
. The army is bull$hit, though they have technology IU bet Russia would beat the U.S. any time. Russians give their lives for their country!

I think most soldiers would give there lives for there country.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
actually we do have the best military in the world. And just because russian troops die in lage numbers because their army is bad dosent mean they give their life for their country, and if were so bad how come were the only super power.I know you ppl want to make your country look like the best thats ok but dont act like wt ur saying is actually fact. And the russian armed forces arnt bad they just cant beat the US military thats all and that my friends is FACT!

[edit on 17-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

E_T

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
IU bet Russia would beat the U.S. any time. Russians give their lives for their country!

Russian soldiers aren't voluntary they have drafts there, and there are those who wouldn't want to go to military service because of poor conditions.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

janus Your Royal Marines are as tough and as well trained as the almighty Boy Scouts

But the US has the best weapon of all its called a lot of money.

You are so off base on this! The Royal Marines are as hard as nails....not many forgein troops I'll stand up for but the RM is one of them. Most US soldiers could not get in the RM. (or the USMC for that matter
)

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ivan Oh yeah their military is built for fighting yeah right. how many men did the us loose in world war2 400.000 russia lost 20.000.000+ and i doubt much has changed now their uniform weapons training still sucks.

It's apparent you've NEVER used any Russian stuff or read any history.

Russian equipment isn't pretty but you can not get an AK to malfuntion...I've treid.

NOW as far as history the Russians beat Hitler and NEVER forget that ...they bore the brunt of the war while the US massed forces.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, iam back and i would like to say thx to ats for baning me/ok back to topic

Italy isnt the greatest military force ill say we are atleast in the top 10!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

israel dosent have the best tanks how about the M1A2 Abrams it could beat any tank out there

Challanger...is superior as is the newest Leopard and possibly the new Russian. The M1 is 20+ years old! ....

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
LOL. The US has a weak military. Their technology is sophisticated but their troops are ill diciplined compared to many armies in europe. US army has the best Friendly fire i must add. Man if i was in the US army i would worry about my allies too.

Indeed. All gear and NO idea.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Russia, U.S, Israel, U.K, what's to discuss about??Italy??
But i must say
, Finland musn't be underestimated.
Some U.S forces were training in Finland, and they had trouble putting up a tent lol

The big nations rely too much on high tech stuff...how about training your troops once in a while you poofs.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Numbnutz]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is such a bullsh*t topic. How can anyone claim one is better than the other. When you guys claim ones special forces is better than the other, how can you claim that? Most of you are basing this on some stuff you might of saw on tv or read somewhere. there is very few factual stuff in this thread its all just personal opinions, which is fine, but dont let it carry over when saying your army/special forces is better than an other countries.

Give us some real facts to back it up.!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
ok mr e u want facts on what countries has the best weapons wel ill give u some

In October 1987, the SAS were called up again to stop a problem in their own country. However this operation would include no guns. The SAS were called in to Peterhead Prison in Scotland. Prisoners had taken over the prison and needed to be subdued. The SAS was the only unit at the time with the means to carry out such a mission.

The team pumped a mixture of smoke and tear gas into the building. Once that was completed, an assault team made entry. They entered the building through a hole in the ceiling that the prisoners had made. Instead of MP-5s, the SAS Team was armed with long staves(batons). The Team approached the hole to be greeted by a prisoner. Usuing a flash-bang, the team quickly subdued the prisoner. Another problem needed to be taken care of. A prison guard was also being held by the prisoners. The team found the officer and quickly hurried him out of the building toward more waiting SAS soldiers.

The prison assault showed everyone that the SAS was capable of using their best judgment for each situation. It showed the public that guns are not always needed to achieve a victory.

now show me an american special forces that can do that?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ive seen both the M1 and Leopard 1 in field demos and have to go with the leopard 2 on this one.

We will burry them

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Devilwasp its not a US unit but what the hay

In 1997, the GROM became the first unit in the former Yugoslavia (Slavonia) to arrest a suspected war criminal. Slavko Dokmanovic, known as the "Butcher of Vukovar," was apprehended without a shot being fired, despite the presence of his security service.
source www.specialoperations.com...

oh ya they also train with live ammo..

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
yeah i heard about those grom guys thier pretty damm good
yeah security around high targets usualy is a real hard job to do

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

actually we do have the best military in the world. And just because russian troops die in lage numbers because their army is bad dosent mean they give their life for their country, and if were so bad how come were the only super power.I know you ppl want to make your country look like the best thats ok but dont act like wt ur saying is actually fact. And the russian armed forces arnt bad they just cant beat the US military thats all and that my friends is FACT!

[edit on 17-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

. The only superpower??
Best military??
. Maybe good technology but in a war with Russia the U.S. will surley loose.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
are you in denial we are the only superpower and and russian tech is 20 years behind the US and we will defenatly win in a war.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

are you in denial we are the only superpower and and russian tech is 20 years behind the US and we will defenatly win in a war.

US is the Superpower.

US will NOT win the war.

Russia is NOT 20 years behind. USSR only fell apart 14 ago!
And its not like they stopped researching.

Out,
Russian

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join