It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am myself in you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
When you see my posts, what is your first thought about my name?

If you see someone you don't like on the streets, what is your first thought about that person? If you are looking at someone you like, what is the first thought you have about that person?

If you see the president giving a speech on tv, do you automatically assume the worst, or hope for a more positive outcome? What type of reaction are you having towards these types of events and why?

Please, if you respond, take the time to individually answer the questions as honestly as possible.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

That you are curious and always have a question about the subject. (A trait I quite admire - curiosity).

If you see someone you don't like on the streets, what is your first thought about that person?

Probably, I don't like you because you're ... whatever. Or else, I hope they don't see me or talk to me.

If you are looking at someone you like, what is the first thought you have about that person?

Probably how I appreciate their person-hood. I love people. They're so unique and beautiful. Anyone I love becomes beautiful to me.

If you see the president giving a speech on tv, do you automatically assume the worst, or hope for a more positive outcome?

I usually have a pretty positive reaction to the president speaking, but there have been times when it's SO obvious that he's saying what he thinks we want to hear. So, that's a mixed bag for me.

What type of reaction are you having towards these types of events and why?

Don't understand the question. What type of events?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If you see someone you don't like on the streets, what is your first thought about that person?

Probably, I don't like you because you're ... whatever. Or else, I hope they don't see me or talk to me.

If you are looking at someone you like, what is the first thought you have about that person?

Probably how I appreciate their person-hood. I love people. They're so unique and beautiful. Anyone I love becomes beautiful to me.

I was thinking more specifically. Let me give an example...

- So and so comes walking in -

Heh, what an idiot, this guy is always swaggering like he owns the place.

- So and so comes in -

Oh man, i wish i bought those shoes first.

Don't understand the question. What type of events?

Hah, i really didn't ask that question right huh? Let me rephrase since i asked the question based off the thought process i was already working past lol.

negative event - Oil spill, first thought reaction?
positive event - Someone saved from burning building?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

When I first see your name my frist thought is you must have but one question, but after reading your post you ask more than one question on your thread, so you should change your name to manyquestions.

If you see someone you don't like on the streets, what is your first thought about that person? If you are looking at someone you like, what is the first thought you have about that person?

Hmm well it depends on what you mean by "someone I don't like on the streets". Does this person look mean? Do I know this person? How do I know that I don't like them if I don't know them? I guess I should change my name to manyquestions as well. Well, if I knew this person and I didn't like I wouldn't think much about them, it is more a feeling than a thought for me. Someone I don't like I would feel a rush of adrenaline and sometimes I get cold (probably from the adrenaline), and if it was someone I like I get a warm feeling.

If you see the president giving a speech on tv, do you automatically assume the worst, or hope for a more positive outcome? What type of reaction are you having towards these types of events and why?

Well if I see the president giving a speech on TV I listen to what he has to say and decide if I agree or disagree with what he is saying. Lately though, I have a hard time in believing anything the president has to say. I hope he has the people of the United States in his best interests and heart but I don't see it (actions speak louder than words). Everytime it seems he is trying to do something good there is some hidden agend it seems to help out greedy shells of a human who don't care about the common people.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I was thinking more specifically. Let me give an example...

- So and so comes walking in -

Heh, what an idiot, this guy is always swaggering like he owns the place.

- So and so comes in -

Oh man, i wish i bought those shoes first.

These are so hard for me because I don't think like that. I have a very much "live and let live" attitude, so when I see someone I don't like, I don't really have negative thoughts about them, it's just who they are. I don't know if that makes sense.

negative event - Oil spill, first thought reaction?
positive event - Someone saved from burning building?

In the first one, I feel sorry for the people and animals. In the second, I feel hopeful.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

That you have curiosity!

If I see someone on the street how do I know if I like them if I don't know them. When I see someone I like, I want to be their friend.

When the President is making a speech on TV I understand that he is just a spokesperson and saying what the majority of the money grabbers want him to say. These type of events are a waste of good air time!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
When i am asking for your initial reaction for an event, try this.

Wait for something where you are not expecting an initial reaction, then become aware of it and come back here and repost.

I will, for you give a negative and positive reaction that i am going to become aware of for you.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

My first thought was about the X-Files episode titled One Breath.

Depends on the reason I don't like them. It could range from "I believe I'll head in the other direction" to "Guess I'd better go ahead and call someone for bail money, now rather than afterwords."

Again, it depends on why I like the person. It could range anywhere from "hey, it's [one of TheAssociate's buddies]! Woo hoo, time to go cause trouble!" to the sort of things that should probably be left to the imagination.

If you see the president giving a speech on tv, do you automatically assume the worst, or hope for a more positive outcome?

Honestly, I just ignore it. I don't trust anyone in Washington to be truthful about anything, so I don't bother listening.

I find myself giving a small percentage of a damn less per day. I just keep living my life. No point in going crazy over anything I can't change.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hmmm, I was thinking about something similar yesterday...'What would your reaction be if...'

The end result of answering this question is that one reveals to themselves their egoflesh programming. When we re-act, we are just acting again in a way that we have already acted. It's based upon years of thoughts and actions that we have unconsciously programmed into our egoflesh.

There is the spirit part of us and the flesh part of us. Spirit is where we really are what we are, where we Be, where we are connected to Source; where we cannot answer the questions you ask, for when we flow with the Source all encounters have opportunity to be unique.

Or we can re-act within the parameters of the historical programming of our egoflesh and all things stay about the same, another go 'round on the hamster wheel.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And taken from another angle, "I am myself in you"...

It is said, that others are a mirror unto ourselves. That we only see in others what is in us. If we see a shortcoming in another, it's because we have that same shortcoming ourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You want people to think you are inquisitive.

Im not sure, i usually don't look at people on the street and think that i like/don't like them.

I do not really expect anything from a presidential speech so i have no reaction to it.

I am myself in you

The title and the board it is in made me think of something a new-age rapist would say.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by zaiger]

new topics

join