It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New research project - alternative energy sources

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I would like to start up a new research poject, and I'm looking for some volunteers to help. The goal of the project will be (a) to determine if some of the new alternative energy sources are feasible/realistic, and (b) to figure out if the government is trying to cover up / supress these new technologies. Specific technologies I'd like to look at include:

Any other ideas would certainly be considered.

I ask that volunteers be knowledgable in an area related to these technologies, and be willing to put in a decent amount of time on research. I am in a unique position to research sonofusion, as I am studying under Professor Rusi Taleyarkhan, who first claimed success at producing sonofusion.

Please u2u me if you are interested, or post a reply in this thread if you have any general questions or comments. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Anybody? I have one volunteer now, but I need at least one more, preferably two or three more. It would probably be good to have someone who's knowledgable on government conspiracy theories to research the cover-up part.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
well purdue you have no replies because first you must u2u ADVISOR about it then assemble a team, he will help you find a thread where people have disscussed this subject so you can invite them to join and so on. it says in terms and conditions of research projects all requests must be done by u2u. o yeah and kev your site is down.

[edit on 6/16/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You should send a U2U some of the more interested members. I sent you a U2U with some suggestions.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If you need me I will try help anyway I can.

Russian at your service.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The first thing I did was u2u ADVISOR with a brief outline. He suggested I do some recruiting to see if there was interest, after all, you can't have a research project without researchers.

Thanks for the advice, Amantine, I'll start doing some active recruiting, door-to-door, as it were. Thought it would be nice to get some other people more involved here.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i would be happy to help but i have a project of my own and i am enjoying it, besides my knowledge on this subject is limited

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yo , count me in , came here for free energy research but have been in the pit watching Earthtone and Caz go at it for the last couple days .

Let m,e know what I can do , can put in about 2 -4 hours an evening .

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
if you saw my thread about bioenergy, (not biological energy)isn't that a possibility? it was alternative powersources i was thinking about when i started that thread.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by darkspace]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I am interested, but should we include some of the "less alternative"
of the alternative energy sources?

Here is a discussion I started on Alternate energy.

Getting off the Grid

Maybe if we start with something truly accessible, like solar and wind..WE can get to the "good stuff" outta thin air!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have been interested in the energy problems we will be facing in the future and would like to help if I can. I do not have much knowledge of science in this departement but may be of help. Let me know if you want me to help PurdueNuc.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I am interested, but should we include some of the "less alternative"
of the alternative energy sources?

The point of this project is to look at some of the more exotic energy sources. I understand your reasoning for wanting to include solar and wind, but I think that would be going outside the scope of the project. Information on those is freely available in large amounts, and it would be tough to claim that the government is trying to suppress those technologies, given the tax breaks here in the states. I would be willing to reconsider though, given a good argument. Thanks for your interest.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion is the most overlooked energy source IMHO..

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurdueNuc

I am not interested in research. But, I think you should make a note that whoever reasearches MEG should also research "Line Frequency Regulation".

Briefly:
Line Frequency Regulation: The percentage change in output for a specified change in the line frequency at specified load values, with all other factors constant.

It's something like 1.5% change in output voltage per 1% change in input frequency.

On cursory inspection, MEG's Input/output charts seem to indicate this is what is happening-- Nothing magical.

Best wishes on your endeavor.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurdueNuc
I would be willing to reconsider though, given a good argument. Thanks for your interest.

10-4.

How about I make a case?

(a) to determine if some of the new alternative energy sources are feasible/realistic,

The ideas of solar and wind power are not new, but to the average consumer
they really are new. There is a threshold of affordability and practicality, that is about to be crossed. The average homeowner can actually consider it.

However, it's mysterious. Plenty of companies take advantage of this fact, and overcharge for installations, equipment.

My goal would be to Educate other people, and myself further, to develop a more "consumer friendly" Energy system, based on Solar, or wind power. where the homeowner could put everything together himself, and only call an
electrician when it was time to connect to the house. In other words, make it
feasible, and realistic.

(b) to figure out if the government is trying to cover up / supress these new technologies.

Why IS solar cell technology so expensive to start?
I feel the technology could progress at a faster pace, but the right govenment
support is not there, it should be.

Maybe a govt. Tax rebate to consumers would help, a lot of states offer incentives..Has the Federal Government done this? I don't think so. If there
ARE Federal incentives, I'd like to find out, and tell others.

Finally, if, and when these technologies become commonplace or "normal".
The next step would be:
TO EXPLORE OTHER FORMS OF ALTERNATIVE ENERGY

In the Late 1800's, the question was asked " Why would anyone want a telephone in their house.?"
It was eventually accepted into households everywhere.

And now, an entire WIRELESS Telephone can fit into your ear canal. People
will buy these, and stick them in their ears.! No questions asked! That could NEVER have been the first step, back in the early days. JUST TOO WEIRD!

Graduality could be good!

Or, you could just tell me to stick it in my ear!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'd love to help out.. Though my understanding extends to theory only a little past A-level and not much mathematically beyond a-level, I do enjoy keeping up to date on physics, esp fusion/cold fusion/bubble fusion experiments

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well....

I haven't recieved a U2U or a reply to my last post here.
I guess nobody wants me.

Thats ok. Good luck in your Endeavour to find all these "Holy Grails"

Space OUT!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here's the detailed proposal. Once we get the tasks filled, I'll send this to ADVISOR and we'll get started! Let me know if you have any suggestions.

ALTERNATIVE ENERGY RESEARCH PROJECT

INTRODUCTION
The first industrial revolution created a new requirement for man, in addition to food, water, and shelter � energy. The need for energy, whether it be fuel for our cars and trucks, or electricity for our lights and appliances, forced man to scour the earth for consumable resources. Oil and coal were quickly identified as excellent sources, as they exist in widespread abundance, and can be obtained with relatively little effort. However, these fuels have a darker side � their combustion produces by-products that are harmful to the environment, and they have a large economic and political impact on the world. Energy from the splitting of atoms was soon discovered in the mid twentieth century, but that lead to further environmental and political problems. The digital revolution of the late twentieth century only increased the demand for energy.

Some promising new technologies emerged, including solar and wind power, but these have proved to be expensive and slow to be implemented. More recently several fantastic claims have been made for technologies that could solve the �energy crisis� we find ourselves in, from the possibility of fusing atoms at room temperature, to drawing energy directly from the basic structure of the universe.

GOALS

1. Examine the feasibility and state of several new �alternative energy� technologies, including:
    - Current-generation technologies, including wind, solar, wave, biomass, geothermal, and "hot" fusion.
    - Room-temperature nuclear fusion ("cold" fusion)
    - Micro-scale nuclear fusion / sonofusion
    - Energy from vacuum
    - Bioenergy
  2. Determine if there exists a conspiracy set on suppressing the development of said technologies
  3. Develop a plan for transitioning from fossil fuels to new energy sources

PURPOSE
As described in the introduction, current energy sources are fast becoming obsolete. The intent of this research project is to inform the members and guests of ATS as to the current state of alternative energy, including next-generation technologies. It is hoped that this project will help increase public awareness of these technologies, and promote their research and development.

MEMBERS/TOPICS
Team leader: PurdueNuc

• Current-generation alternative energy (solar, wind, biomass, wave, "hot" fusion, geothermal)
    - spacedoubt (lead), browha, amantine
  • Room-temperature nuclear fusion (�cold fusion�)
    - Russian (lead), Duke_Nukem
  • Micro-scale nuclear fusion / sonofusion (�bubble fusion�)
    - PurdueNuc (lead), Viendin
  • Energy from vacuum (MEG, Moray Valve)
    - Smirkley (Moray Valve)
  • Bioenergy
    - darkspace (lead)
  • Fossil fuel to alternative energy transition
    - oddtodd (lead)
  • "Oil conspiracy"
    - earthtone (lead)

[edit on 6/20/2004 by PurdueNuc]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I would like to be in the cold fusion part.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
what about energy drawn from the the "kinetic energy" created by tectonic platemovement? that is both possible and almost unlimited.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by darkspace]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join