It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Semitism? Photo: Reuters Ahmadinejad. Signed the boycott Photo: Reuters Iran declar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Anti-Semitism? Photo: Reuters Ahmadinejad. Signed the boycott Photo: Reuters Iran declares boycott on Coca Cola, Intel and 'Zionists'

www.ynetnews.com

Iran declares boycott on Coca Cola, Intel and 'Zionists'

Ahmadinejad signs law forbidding Iranian broadcast authority from airing advertisements for 'Zionist' companies. Black list include American companies owned by Jews and firms that do business with Israel. Nestle, IBM, others in crosshairs

Dudi Cohen
Published: 06.30.10, 17:49 / Israel News

Share on TwitterShare on Facebook

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad signed Wednesday a new amendment to a law in the Islamic Republic that forbids the airing of advertisements for "Zionist companies." The blackl
(visit the link for the full news article)

edited to link to the ceo being a turk www.thecoca-colacompany.com...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i know its a link form a jewish paper but still bear with me
i may be wrong on this and im trying to track down the link but isnt coca colas ceo from turkey?does this mean they will be boycotting anything invented or pioneered by"zionists" or jews? dosent that solve the whole issue i mean wasent the father of nuclear technology jewish (good old albert and emc squared)and as a side question who else makes computer chips besides intel dell microsoft etc if they were to realy boycott them where would they get there chips for computers weapons etc (i honestly dont know and just want to learn something) isnt this kinda like imbargoing/sanctioning your self?

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

i find the Jews part hard to believe considering in the middle east Iran has the second largest population of Jews and they arent being kept as second class citizens and for a group to tell israel to take a hike when given cash bribes to leave Iran and move to Israel,

and i am sure the jews in Iran have Jobs and run their own business

so

you got to find something wrong with that article.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sorry but given Iran has sanctions against it i don't see anything that is racist and if i did then it would be jews and americans against the Muslims.

As the poster above pointed out a lot of jewish people live in Iran and are treated fair which is a lot more than can be said for Muslims in Iserail

[edit on 30-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is simply a response by Iran to the sanctions being applied by the US.

I am very happy to see this response - it is intelligent, measured and hopefully will cause the sanctions action to backfire.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
im not trying to say its racist thats just what the headline chose to say lol i was just wondering if they dont get there chips from intel who will they get them from? and yeah i agree its just iran replying to sanctions but i just dont see this if its real to have any real effect other then political postering and thought it funny if they were trying to ban a "zionist" company thats led by a turk kind of ironic

[edit on 30-6-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Although that would be awesome I can't see it. I agree with you though it's an attempt at tit for tat boycotting.

Personally I generally boycott Nestle as they enjoy contributing to malnutrition of infants in sub-Saharan Africa and profiteering from the AIDS crisis. They state that their milk formula should be used as a substitute to breast milk to reduce HIV transmission between mothers and their babies.

That and their chocolate stinks.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

yeah it does i dont need to boycott them i just dont like there chocolate products taste horrible

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
couldn't they get their chips from AMD?

a Galen runs Intel, at least did last time I checked...just like the Galen that ran the Eastern front spy op for the Germans that was lifted whole over to the US after WWll - operation Paperclip,
It sounds like the Iranians know that Israel, the Bilderburgers, and the CFR - the globalists- have declaired war on them...
then the US lifts its leg....

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
it just kinda reminded me of how when the Arizona sb1070 first broke and people jumped on the boycott bandwagon one of there earliest targets was Arizona iced tea..... a new york based company...... from what ive read intel's profits were up 44% this year so i don't think it will do any thing to them and coke has markets everywhere so i don't think it will hurt them it just seems only to make a political point and not actually accomplish any thing just kinda wish if people were gonna be doing anything it would at least try to accomplish something good ya know?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Isn't boycotting Iran in the first place anti-Persian? I mean your trying to put economic sanctions on a certain people, their country and everything. Isn't that racist?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL
[i dont think were boycotting them because there Persian and again i wasent trying to make this about race at all i just copyed the headline(as the rules seem to state is to be done) i posted this more to see what peoples opinions of the effectiveness of such a boycott would be

there will alwase be crys of racisim and hate when religion and ideology are involved but i will applaud u for atleast knowing iran is Persian ive heard way tomany people claiming to the contrary lately and its been hurting my brain

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Consider this

How many of these banned companies are on this list:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and Coca cola

I'm not hating on that, imagine if we banned these companies in the North America.

No aspartame and no companies from the link I posted

Regardless of who owns these companies, it would be good if North America did the same perhaps

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
He cracks me up, Ahmadinejad. I've pretty much banned the same companies from my life so
I say. Sanctions can work both ways.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Okay, that's it, I'm boycotting Iranian . . .
Iranian . . . yeah . . . what the . . . .
. . . okay . . . rugs damn it . . . . the rugs !

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I generally avoid buying Israeli goods if I can.

Does that make me an anti semite or a racist?

Obviously not. This is just more of the same old tripe of calling anyone who opposes or disagrees with Israel an anti semite.

It's getting old reeeaaally fast

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Agreed, and "Zionism" does not ="Jewish" and "Semitic" also does not = "Jewish" and so refusing to buy products produced by companies they have identified as supporting Israel is not "anti-Semitism." Or, really that unusual, to be honest. Although many companies in the US did continue to do business with the Nazi's, it was frowned upon generally by the public to do so.

Not supporting financially the people you feel are financing your enemy is a pretty common sense idea when you think about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
it just kinda reminded me of how when the Arizona sb1070 first broke and people jumped on the boycott bandwagon one of there earliest targets was Arizona iced tea..... a new york based company....."

That could be the beginnings of a book, called "When morons boycott." Surely there must be other examples of people boycotting products for similarly misguided and superficial reasons.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I really hope iran get the atomic bomb !

Go Iran !

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I will be happy when Iran gets a nice hard nuke for a proctological device... If only the anti semites could be there for the burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only anti jew I have a stomach for, is Liebuster.. he has valid points.. I can not call his hate blind.. he is well researched, and comes across as a very intelligent guy. Now there are others that just parrot things they have heard... case and point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join