It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite wider remit, soldiers won't be questioned in Gaza flotilla probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Despite wider remit, soldiers won't be questioned in Gaza flotilla probe

www.haaretz.com< br />

The panel investigating last month's botched raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla will soon receive greater authority after its chairman, retired justice Jacob Turkel, told the government the committee could not do its job without expanded investigative powers.

Channel 2 television reported last night that Turkel even threatened to resign if his demands were not met. A spokesman for his committee, however, denied this.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Jewish American reaction to attack on flotilla (we overwhelmingly condemn it)
Israeli - Palestinian conflict by the numbers (The numbers don't lie)
Barak cancels Paris trip over flotilla
Israeli eases Gaza blockade on some banned food items, critics say move insignificant

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wouldn't it only be logical to question those who were actually there? If you can't question the soldiers, then you certainly aren't going to get to the bottom of the issue. It looks as if Ehud Barak is definitely trying to hide something, though I'm sure that notion is obvious anyway.

As far as Turkel wanting more teeth to the investigation, I can't seem to discern whether this is a political stunt to make it appear as if he is going to be fair, or if it is a sincere request. I guess time will only tell.

--airspoon

www.haaretz.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join