It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL CLOCKS TO ZULU TIME!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
that make Muslims more suspicious of our activities Abraham...though outcasting likely plays a part as well....

"Hypothetically speaking, if you were President what would you do in confront to what Bush did?"

Felt I had to respond to this though. Let me first point out that I am for the war, just not for the way Bush went about it. What would I have done in contrast? Simple. First, I would have assembled irrefutable evidence of failure to live up to the resolution. Then, I would have presented it to the UN Security Council in such a way as to show no doubt that that was the case. If the evidence wasn't there, I would have simply harped on the fact that he has broken every resolution he agreed to, to date, and that alone should be sufficient cause for action...(failure to live up to the terms of cease fire). Then, I would NOT have spoken of regime change so bluntly, but would have argued that the current regime is incapable of adhering to an agreement, and thus, another must take it's place. Finally, with all members in agreement, multi-lateral action would have taken place easily. I also wouldn't have waited 12 years to act either.

Why aren't you President Gaz? I would have voted for you.
At least your reasoning is coherent, logical and apparently ironclad. I wonder why Shrub did not do this? To logical maybe?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
and the compliment...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I must have missed (seriously) when Iraq threatened the US and Britain. What happened about finding Salami Bin Liner anyway. I don't see the connection between them. Also did the US government sell Saddam weapons (in the 80's?) and then say he can't have them. I'm open for information but you can only get info from the papers, TV which could be influenced. I want the truth. Lives are at stake. Is it hypocritical of the coalition against Saddam to say he's not allowed WMD when we have them.
I remember watching Tough Guys on TV at my mates house when the programme was interrupted with a news broadcast. Bit Scary.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Forgot to say it was announced the Gulf war had started.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes it is a hypocrisy like no other. The idea that we harbor and try to control a form of technology that is dangerous is the real problem. It is why North Korea had a bomb. They were driven by the desire to be just as powerful and influential. As long as we are telling others what to do, we will always sad like a bickering mother in the ears of a hateful and abused teenage girl. (Sorry ladies)

So when will it all stop?????? When the gun rule is dead.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
AV, you made a reasonable explanation regarding your contradictory post earlier. I dont always agree with you, but thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm just cynical about Russia's involvement Vladimir Putin "seems" a sensible person but you can never tell what goes on behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
"I must have missed (seriously) when Iraq threatened the US and Britain. What happened about finding Salami Bin Liner anyway. I don't see the connection between them."

Saddam is a known sponsor of terrorism, as well as a haven-provider of the same. This is the implied threat, as well as his uses of WOMD, even on his own people.

"Also did the US government sell Saddam weapons (in the 80's?) and then say he can't have them. I'm open for information but you can only get info from the papers, TV which could be influenced. I want the truth. Lives are at stake. Is it hypocritical of the coalition against Saddam to say he's not allowed WMD when we have them."

Yes, we did sell him weapons in the 80's, to aid him in fighting our foe at the time, Iran. It isn't that we are saying he can't have them now... He attacked and invaded Kuwait. He then lost the ensuing war. As part of the cease-fire agreement, he AGREED to disarm his WOMD. His agreeing to these terms was a condition for the rest of the world allowing him to stay in power. He has failed to live up to that agreement, and THAT is why he must disarm...not just because we want him to. Hope that clarifies things a bit...

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
'Abraham Virtue' after you put a bullet in his head, which the U.S. has probably being trying to do for 10 years. What do you then do with Uday, His son and successor to the Presidentship? He is a very bad man, 10 times as bad as his father.
Saddam's infrastructure in his Government is one of the most advanced in the world. Just to get to him you'd have to be family and as we already know he doesn't let family in the way of his dictatorship!
So count assassination out for he has had at least 5-6 attempts on his life.
Where do you go from here?
Next suggestion?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think you are wasting my time by trying to make me look like a fool. Look it is our fault this guy is a threat right now and I don't see any reason to blame it all on him and his people. This war was planned 20 some years ago, or probably longer, it is just that thick heads like yourself can't see past the last administation, muchless the last 3 or 4. So if you want to talk about something that isn't pointless to talk about then hit me up.

An example of savory topics on Iraq:
1-- Reconsruction
2-- Aftermath
3-- Democratic reformism
4-- social integration
5-- possible suprise attacks from the enemy.
6-- religious backlash
7--the backyard effect or the influence this brings to the Arab World.
8--forms of justice
9--reparations
10--Kurdish independence
11--Shia indepedence
12--the tribal warfare and disputes
13-- possibly trade talks
14--saftey of the citizens
15--terrorists threats

All of the above I will talk about. But no longer will I try and prove my position correct cause I can't. My position was destroyed before the first Gulf War. In reality my position was destroyed before the man even became a problem. If we didn't support the two sides in the Iran and Iraq wars then we wouldn't have this problem today. So talk all you want about this stuff that won't matter in a matter of weeks after all the things we talk about have been done by those who are fighting for our country and doing all the things were are only dreaming of. So please move on. This war will happen, there is no other solution other than war. And yes I am STILL against it 100%. So live with it, because I am.

Freaking cry babies.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Please. Your attempts are just as foolish as 007's. I don't even care anymore. You can call me a fool all you want, it still doesn't make you right. You See?

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I agree with you totally abraham, and you've made your point very well.

particularly:

"All of the above I will talk about. But no longer will I try and prove my position correct cause I can't. My position was destroyed before the first Gulf War. In reality my position was destroyed before the man even became a problem. If we didn't support the two sides in the Iran and Iraq wars then we wouldn't have this problem today. So talk all you want about this stuff that won't matter in a matter of weeks after all the things we talk about have been done by those who are fighting for our country and doing all the things were are only dreaming of. So please move on. This war will happen, there is no other solution other than war. And yes I am STILL against it 100%. So live with it, because I am."

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Again you shoot your mouth off and TRY to talk your way out of what is obviously a school student with the mental capacity of maybe a year 10, year 11 student.

From this post on I will be the first not to reply to any of your posts anymore, as you cannot carry on a conversation without offending someone.

You have contradicted your self on many occasions, which you have admitted to, which means only one thing. You are here for trouble, and trouble only.

I think I speak for everyone on this site when I say, either you put up intelligent posts or don't post at all. Show a little maturity boy!

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Sometimes I find it hard to get such welcoming responses here, and any where really. I hope this discussion get can further with your company. I see nothing but kidergarden snail policy over hear. Some people act like this is all a dream. The world is coming to a new age.

2012 What does it mean???? Nothing!!!!!!!!!

It's all hype. Just like Y2k.
Anyways I am drifting, so let me drift somewhere else for a while. I know my reasoning is not that clear right not and I feel no desire to start this topic in the direction I want it to go. Not now. I'm tired.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I did promise though 1 more.
GO AWAY!!
OK?

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
barb007, from your posts you make it pretty clear that you are unwilling to even listen, never mind consider an alternative viewpoint.
It is pretty clear that abrahams posts are getting up your nose, but not for the reasons you suggest. You're scared of his opinions because they force you out of your comfortable niche and make you look at your own. The fact that you are telling him to 'go away' and not post anymore pretty much proves this. This is a disscussion forum and as such I think it's expected you're going to hear alternative views. Abraham was very controlled in his replies under a great deal of pressure, and that should be appluaded. You wanting him to leave because he has a different viewpoint from you is not.
These are not threads where you get to sit with your right wing buddies and form a mutual appreciation society. Your views are going to be challenged. get used to it.

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
For you show no need to take conversations past other people and ways for you to undermine their methods or beliefs. For I am not the only preach about what should be done, you are. So I see no need for this harassment. Don't you realize it bounces of me like a mirror??? Do you not realize that all degrading and mindless thoughts only come back haunt and harm you???

Well do you??? If you do then stop your chauvinism. Stop using it to declare me a fool. For only a fool would waste his time during their pursuit of knowledge, to single out another and prove him wrong. For what have you to say all knowledge is held within you??? Could you tell me that?? I find your company confrontational. I merely point out fact and opinion, while you attack it from all sides with your obvious, mindless, robot radical mentality. So will you let me turn off the switch, or are you going to explode??????

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join