It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli FM: 'No Chance' of Palestinian State by 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Israeli FM: 'No Chance' of Palestinian State by 2012

news.antiwar.com

With tensions already on the rise and the prospect of progress in the indirect peace talks already looking remote, Israeli Foreign Minister and long-standing peace talk opponent Avigdor Lieberman may well have finally done away with the last shreds of hope with his comments today.

Speaking at a press conference with his Russian counterpart, Lieberman announced that there was “no chance” of a Palestinian state being allowed to exist by 2012. Palestinian statehood is ostensibly the purpose of
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israeli - Palestinian conflict by the numbers (The numbers don't lie)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has insisted that the military must remain in total military control over the borders of a Palestinian state, including the borders between this state and other nations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Do we need anymore evidence to suggest that Israel does not wish for peace, to to come to that same conclusion? It is more than obvious that Israel wants to "extinguish" the Palestinian movement, as to "complete" the Zionist agenda of a whole Israel.

Furthermore, their control of Palestinian borders severely oppresses the innocent Palestinians, making peace that much more unlikely. By preventing the basic substances of life from getting to the Palestinian people because of Israeli control of the border, they can be that much more effective at their genocidal agenda.

It is more clear than ever that Israel does not want peace with the Palestinians. Why would they? They sure aren't losing anything from this conflict and if there was peace, they wouldn't have an excuse to kill and terrorize Palestinians.

--airspoon

news.antiwar.com

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has insisted that the military must remain in total military control over the borders of a Palestinian state, including the borders between this state and other nations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Do we need anymore evidence to suggest that Israel does not wish for peace, to to come to that same conclusion? It is more than obvious that Israel wants to "extinguish" the Palestinian movement, as to "complete" the Zionist agenda of a whole Israel.

Furthermore, their control of Palestinian borders severely oppresses the innocent Palestinians, making peace that much more unlikely. By preventing the basic substances of life from getting to the Palestinian people because of Israeli control of the border, they can be that much more effective at their genocidal agenda.

It is more clear than ever that Israel does not want peace with the Palestinians. Why would they? They sure aren't losing anything from this conflict and if there was peace, they wouldn't have an excuse to kill and terrorize Palestinians.

--airspoon

news.antiwar.com

do we need anymore evidence you are a anti-israel zealot? I have been a lurker for about 3 months.......of 2 months of that time almost every post i have seen of you is bashing israel.

Im not defending israel. What im pointing out however is that your prejudice and your opinion is tainted by hate and bias.

Thats the problem with this situation. To many people have picked a side without looking at the facts.

Both are at fault. Quit protraying the palestinians as oppressed people that deserve sympathy. All the while turning around and cursing israeli's.

You are pathetic. just like every other person who is so biased that they cant even see it. You cant see it can you?

You are no better then the average anti-american.

In fact whether you know it or not your views on israel mesh very well with white nationalism. Thats right.....go watch some of ther videos.

You will find that they rant about 'zionism' and jews and israel just as much as you do.

Neither is innocent.

So quit portraying one side as a saint and the other a sinner.

I wonder do any of you even know the history of that region? I bet if you did you would not be so quick to jump on the palestinian side of things.

No im sure you and the other talking heads will come in here and call me a israeli disinfo agent or some other non-sense. Or say im one of those israel web bot things. You will do what you always do. Accuse those who disagree with you those things.

There is no 'palistinian movement' that must be a deluded fantasy of yours.

Further more i detest the fear mongering you do. For instance saying israel is 'genocidal'. Which unfortunently for you and fortunent for the so called 'palestinians'(which are not even a real race but are just refugee arabs)is not true.

That is another proof of your hate.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by proudcaptalist]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by proudcaptalist

First of all, I have no hate of Israelis, as I have family in Israel. Second, I'm not going to ignore Israeli atrocities because Israel may be a "touchy" subject. In fact, that's why I highlight them, because the MSM fails to do so. Do you want to know why I tend to side with Palestinians? Because I have morals and I'm against tyranny, oppression, evil and murder. The flotilla massacre was not the fault of Palestine or even the aid workers aboard the flotilla, as they were simply trying to bring in life sustaining supplies to an oppressed people. It is Israel oppressing the Palestinians, not the other way around. I'm going to call attention to the oppressors, no matter who they happen to be. If it was the Palestinians oppressing the Zionists, then I would be calling attention to that.

In fact, your same arguments were made by Nazis in Germany back in the 30s. It didn't really fly back then with people who saw the truth and it won't fly now, except for people weighed down by ignorance.

Furthermore, not only have I studied the region in college, but I have also been there to see what's going on first hand. I know full well and perfect about the history of the region and Israel has been pretty much been in the wrong for most of its history. Going back even further than that, no one was alive to back then to be held responsible and therefore should not suffer because of it.

The sad fact of the matter, is that Israel is the terror state in this conflict. It is because of their undue oppression that Palestinians send rockets over, or suicide bombers or what have you. Unfortunately, you only hear about those acts in our media, instead of what instigated them. For instance, when you hear of a rocket sent into Israel, you don't hear about the child murdered by the IDF. You don't hear about the forced evictions of Palestinians so one or two fat Zionist settlers can move into the home, right in front of the now homeless children. You don't hear about the Israelis declaring valuable and much needed farm land as off-limits, causing many women and children to go hungry. You don't hear about the homes demolished, unwarranted detainments, refusal of entry, child deaths and military terrorism committed by Israel... You only hear about the rocket fired into Israel by those "terrorists" who want to wipe Israel off the map.

It is more clear than ever that it is Israel who doesn't want peace. The Palestinians have nothing to gain from this conflict, other than their freedom. You hear time and time again from the western MSM that Israel has ended it's occupation of Gaza, but you don't hear that the siege is still in full force. Israel is doing nothing to stop Palestinian homes from being stolen or demolished and in fact, the MSM would never dare to report on such things. However, if a Palestinian child throws a rock at those killing his parents or stealing his home, it gets plastered on TVs across America.

I can almost guarantee that If Israel stopped their terror and oppression, the Palestinians would stop sending harmless rockets into Israel.

The only thing that I hate, is evil and I will side against evil, wherever and whenever it pops its ugly head. That's really all there is to it. If you want to ignorantly defend Israel or blame Palestinians for fighting for their freedom, by using the whole, "it's both of their fault" argument, then that isn't my problem. What would you do if your family was blocked access to basic supplies? What would you do if your neighbors were evicted out of their homes or even your own family? What would you do if some government was detaining innocent people without reason? What would you if some government was preventing your people from using the roads?

The motto on this site is, "deny ignorance", so how can we do that if we ignore what's happening in that region? This is valid especially because this is being done in the name of US tax-payers.

The only hate that I see here, is the hate that the Zionists seem to have for the Palestinian people. You argument only works for those who fail to deny ignorance.

I find it funny how you can go on and on about my biases, hate or alleged ignorance, yet you fail to provide any kind of information to support your claims. If I'm full of crap, then tell me why. How on Earth do you think that the flotilla was anyone's fault but Israel's? You will probably same something to the ignorant affect of, "all they had to do was let the Israelis inspect their cargo and they would have been let go and be on their way".

Here is why that argument has no merit. You don't send an air-assault commando raid at night onto a ship in international waters, if all you are going to do was inspect the cargo. Israel meant business and they meant to stop that ship through military force, hence the armed, nighttime, airborne commando raid onto the ship in international waters.

Also, the Israeli Navy was firing upon the vessels before they were even boarded and no it wasn't bow-shots unless you consider a bow-shot to actually hot the vessel.

Here are the stone cold facts that aren't really debatable with any kind of intellectual vigor. The flotilla was headed for Gaza to give desperately needed humanitarian supplies to the innocent women and children of Gaza, who are suffering and dying because they are deprived of these basic human needs. The ship had peaceful and humanitarian intent and was posing no threat to Israel. The vessels were not carrying terrorist or weapons. The vessels were in international waters. The vessels were attacked by IDF forces. Israel murdered many innocent civilians, including an American, aboard the ship. There are many more but you get the idea.

How do you suppose this was the fault of the aid workers?

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The way Iserail is acting i'm not so sure we will still have an iserail in 2012 becaue they have upset every Muslim in the world, think they are hard because uncle sam protects them and the western world are cheesed off with the international banksters.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

First of all, I have no hate of Israelis, as I have family in Israel. Second, I'm not going to ignore Israeli atrocities because Israel may be a "touchy" subject. In fact, that's why I highlight them, because the MSM fails to do so. Do you want to know why I tend to side with Palestinians? Because I have morals and I'm against tyranny, oppression, evil and murder. The flotilla massacre was not the fault of Palestine or even the aid workers aboard the flotilla, as they were simply trying to bring in life sustaining supplies to an oppressed people. It is Israel oppressing the Palestinians, not the other way around. I'm going to call attention to the oppressors, no matter who they happen to be. If it was the Palestinians oppressing the Zionists, then I would be calling attention to that.

There is no 'tyranny,opression,evil,murder'. There is none of that. In fact the very fact that you think of israel is evil supports my judgement. No nation is 'evil' sorry. That is bias. You can dress it up as much as you want and try to give yourself the moral highground but the truth still rings through yeah. It could be argued that the 'massacre' was in fact the fault of BOTH sides. I have seen the videos. Which you will probably say is done by israelis or some other bullcrap excuse you use.

Israel was within there rights to Stop that ship. The people on that boat were given warning after warning to stop. Its that freakin simple. They did not. In fact they told reporters that they would turn around and wait to daylight to try and ram the blockade. To get more publicity. I dont feel sympathy for them....they were and still are IDIOTS.

The palestinians are not oppressed by israel.I dont agree with israel going in and tearing down homes. Which should be stopped asap. But i dont agree with the hatred spewed fourth by the 'palestinians' either.

In fact, your same arguments were made by Nazis in Germany back in the 30s. It didn't really fly back then with people who saw the truth and it won't fly now, except for people weighed down by ignorance.

Furthermore, not only have I studied the region in college, but I have also been there to see what's going on first hand. I know full well and perfect about the history of the region and Israel has been pretty much been in the wrong for most of its history. Going back even further than that, no one was alive to back then to be held responsible and therefore should not suffer because of it.

How were my arguments made in nazi germany? im waiting on this...i really am.

Good you studied the region......but obviously your bias has got you loking through tinted glass's. How has israel been in the wrong? please enlighten me?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The sad fact of the matter, is that Israel is the terror state in this conflict. It is because of their undue oppression that Palestinians send rockets over, or suicide bombers or what have you. Unfortunately, you only hear about those acts in our media, instead of what instigated them. For instance, when you hear of a rocket sent into Israel, you don't hear about the child murdered by the IDF. You don't hear about the forced evictions of Palestinians so one or two fat Zionist settlers can move into the home, right in front of the now homeless children. You don't hear about the Israelis declaring valuable and much needed farm land as off-limits, causing many women and children to go hungry. You don't hear about the homes demolished, unwarranted detainments, refusal of entry, child deaths and military terrorism committed by Israel... You only hear about the rocket fired into Israel by those "terrorists" who want to wipe Israel off the map

You are going to excuse and justify palestinian attacks now? Your kidding me right? Boo hoo. Your prejudice is showing through again...better keep it in check or you will let everyone know the hypocriticle hateful zealot you are. 'fat zionist". Lets just replace the word zionist with jew from now on why dont we? thats what zionists are right? jews and jew supporters.

Like i said above i dont agree with them coming in and tearing down homes.....but the palestinians have no right to kill any israelis. You probably think of it as 'justic' or some other crap. You will justify it any way though right? anything to give you and the 'palestinian' people the moral highground.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He is, of course, blaming the Palestinians. It's their fault. And so we go round again.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Attack the story not the poster.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How Hypocritical.

IMO If Israel has the right to exist, then so does palestine!

The reason the Palestinians are so angry and lobbing rockets, is because Israel refuses them to live and prosper on their own lands. Anyone here on this website if you had a shred of courage would be doing the exact same thing Palestine is doing, if a bigger nation was restricting you, isolating you, refusing aid and imports and forcing you to live in squaller.

Israel are their own worst enemies. The more they push and punish Palestine they more Palestine fights back.

The more they BUILD on Palestines land the more Palestinian youths will attack the settlers.

Im sure its painfully obvious to Israel, they just want to keep provoking them until they do something quite stupid thus giving them MORE Reason to destroy them.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
How Hypocritical.

IMO If Israel has the right to exist, then so does palestine!

The reason the Palestinians are so angry and lobbing rockets, is because Israel refuses them to live and prosper on their own lands. Anyone here on this website if you had a shred of courage would be doing the exact same thing Palestine is doing, if a bigger nation was restricting you, isolating you, refusing aid and imports and forcing you to live in squaller.

Israel are their own worst enemies. The more they push and punish Palestine they more Palestine fights back.

The more they BUILD on Palestines land the more Palestinian youths will attack the settlers.

Im sure its painfully obvious to Israel, they just want to keep provoking them until they do something quite stupid thus giving them MORE Reason to destroy them.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Agit8dChop]

Did you not know that there has been multiple attempts make a palestinian nation alongside israel? Palestinians turned it down every time.

Palestinians have the right to exist yes. Just as israel does.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
He is, of course, blaming the Palestinians. It's their fault. And so we go round again.

I blame both. Neither are innocent. Both are 'sinners'.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Of course, Its called forced surrender.

If China border, boxed and restricted America.... refused you access in and out of your country and denied entry of aid and goods to your people..

then turned around and said

'' well give you.. Ohio, and monitor the border ''

would you really accept that and say thanks?

Or would you tell them to stick it, because America was your land and you will fight for your country?

... or, do you believe things should be different, because they are arabs fighting Israeli's ?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What is this ,find the tiny differences game?
Your source:

Speaking at a press conference with his Russian counterpart, Lieberman announced that there was “no chance” of a Palestinian state being allowed to exist by 2012.

Not your source(aka correct citation):

Citing the difficulties of peace negotiations and Palestinian divisions during a meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in Jerusalem, Lieberman said, "There is absolutely no chance of reaching a Palestinian state before the year 2012," adding that "one can dream and imagine, but we are far from reaching an agreement."

www1.albawaba.com...
I hope that you will see the difference. And i am not a fan of Lieberman , by far. But why twist his words?
As for your sourceless citation of Netanyahu - this is what HE really said:

And I believe that this requires in the case of a future settlement with the Palestinians, this will require an Israeli presence on the eastern side of a prospective Palestinian state. I’m not saying how it will be done, I’m not saying in what format, but I’m saying based on recent experience, we’ve seen that in Lebanon we had an international guarantee – the United States Resolution – 1701 – an insurance policy signed by the entire international community and you know that that unfortunately has failed, in fact it’s failed miserably and Hizbollah is just pouring in weapons, more and more weapons to fire into Israel.

www.pmo.gov.il...
Not the same too.
Hope it helps you in your quest for truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I can't really read your post in an effective manner, you should fix your quote tags.

However, I believe you said that no nation is evil. Was Nazi Germany not evil? How about Taliban-ruled Afghanistan? What I meant by "nation", is the political movement running the nation and not the people, as it is automatically implied. So, just as Nazism is evil, so is Zionism. I would even go one further and say that Zionism is a little worse because it would seem that Israel has refined the tactics of the Nazis, learning from their mistakes as to be more efficient at genocide. While the Nazis made no bones about their intentions, Zionists use propaganda to influence popular opinion, in an effort to manipulate the people away from seeing what's going on. If Germany would have done what Israel is doing in regards to propaganda, controlling media flow and ultimate popular opinion, then I'm sure Germany would have easily gotten away with their brand of tyranny.

In fact, Germans had good reason to distrust some of the Jewish population in the country, which ultimately lead to the rise of the Nazi party. The Jewish population of Germany, worked to get America into WWI, but only after Germany had all but beat the allies, offering the British very reasonable peace terms for an end to the war. The German Jewish population, who had it better in Germany than any other country, persuaded America into enter the war on behalf of the "allies", in exchange for Great Britain to allow a Jewish state in Palestine. America, then pressured by the Zionist movement in the states, who had just successfully established a central banking system known as the Federal Reserve, was effectively pressured into the war and ultimately kicked Germany's butt, forcing a very harsh treaty on the Germans, making them not only loose territory, but also putting all of the war debt on Germany which ultimately drove the German economy into a depression.

After WWI, the German Jews' actions were made public, along with the details of the agreement with Great Britain, which sparked an anti-Jewish (not really anti-semitic) backlash in Germany, ultimately giving rise to the Nazi party.

Try to imagine this happening in America, to where we find out that American Muslims colluded with a foreign entity to invade the US, destroying our way of life. Would we not have a complete anti-Islamic mind-set in America? We already do and our country and way of life was not even destroyed by an Islamic movement.

So, while it is understandable why the Germans distrusted the Jews and it is understandable what lead to the anti-Jewish Nazi party, Muslims did nothing to the Jews at all, except they happened to be on land that was wanted by the Zionist movement. They made the grand mistake of being from land that Zionists claim is theirs, because of their religion.

Of course, you will never learn of this in any American grade or high school text-books, as you just learn whatever would be beneficial to the Zionist agenda.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

The Jewish population of Germany, worked to get America into WWI, but only after Germany had all but beat the allies, offering the British very reasonable peace terms for an end to the war. The German Jewish population, who had it better in Germany than any other country, persuaded America into enter the war on behalf of the "allies", in exchange for Great Britain to allow a Jewish state in Palestine.

Source? Pretty please?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Being opposed to a Jewish state is antiantisemitism, so what would you call someone opposed to a Palestinian state? Surely not something as loaded and controversial as antisemitism?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No, just don't like Israel's foreign policy.

The UK has become a patsy to Israel's interests and that is a shame.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I studied this in graduate level history course, just something I have in my head, though it is common knowledge among historians. I'm sure that a simple "google" search will help you out with verification and some interesting history. In a little while, I might look up the paper I wrote, which has citations.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join