It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the ARK OF THE COVENANT been found?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Mods please delete this if there is already a thread.
There is an excavation going on in Yemen. They are unearthing a city. This "dig" is being protected by 6 surface to air missle launchers. There is a large wall around something, supposedly the Ark. The whole story is at www.henrymakow.com. I would link to it if I knew how. Anyways this seems serious!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
source please.........

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Dude. READ THE POST AGAIN. The source is there.

It wasn't even a long post. Jeez.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
www.henrymakow.com...

Hope I linked it correctly!! OP, I saw this yesterday, found it to be absolutely fascinating and a great read, now if true or not, that remains to be seen....interesting theory though

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hopefully generate a little more interest with this pic, I think hardly looks real. This is what is being unearthed? Standing pillars?

[img-100x-100][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d07ebf8fc779.jpg[/img]

[edit on 30-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You do it like this: link

See? That was easy.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
youtube has some movies on it. There is this 1 "biblical historic places searcher" or whatever you'd call a guy like that in english.. anyway he's got a few video's up on youtube... He's pretty hardcore but his finds are amazing. except for the ark of the covenant he had video evidence of alot of other things.

Here's the link to the video, around 24 minutes he starts talking about him finding the ark.

www.youtube.com...

He sounds like a wacko in the video but the other videos he's got are pretty solid IMO

His claim is based in Jeruzalem though. I dont know... is there any evidence for the ark being in Yemen?

BTW maybe a fun thing to know. When you want to link a certain webpage all you need to do is highlight the webadres, press and hold the CTRL button on your keyboard, then you can either tap C for copying it or V for pasting where wanted. Now it'll show as a link

Between copying and pasting you can let go of the CTRL button BTW...
Hope this helps

[edit on 30/6/2010 by faceoff85]

[edit on 30/6/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It would be great to have some revealing proof of any great historic discovery but, whatever happened to faith and trusting/believing your own true inner-self/feelings?

I am not insinuating that man should not investigate or search for proof. Just, how many times have we heard about the Ark, Noah's Arc, Spear of Destiny, Blah-Blah-Blah has been found only to once again be disappointed with misunderstandings and/or fraud/hoax.

It would be very powerful in those who need hard evidence to sway their convictions.

This is one story that I would be happy to wait until it came out in the MSM!

The Bible states the only proof you need is the fulfillment of the prophecies within it's pages.

I am not interested in participate in any heated religious discussions or deal with any baloney as I am just stating my convictions.

Best Regards

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I love how modern man professes to be so superior yet we continue to look for a truly powerful artifacts in this world.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Henry Makow is a religous nut job and full of vitriolic hatred for jews, gays and pretty much anyone not like him. He quotes disastrous figures that make no sense whatsoever. Don't place any faith in that hatemonger for anything he writes.

Rense.com seems to be the only website publishing his crap.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Looks like they guessed the location after deciphering the sumerian tablets? US naval fleet are over there somewhere? Remember the post regarding the stargate? what you think? Maybe something maybe nothing.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't believe it. To me at least, the author lost credibility when he said this:

The Ark is also called the Tetragrammaton.

He's wrong. The Ark is not also called the Tetragrammaton. The Tetragrammaton is YHWH, or God's name in Hebrew.

It doesn't even make sense the the Ark would be called the Tetragrammaton because the word means "a word having four letters"; not "box that can zap you."

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This site is actually "The Sun Temple" located in Mareb, Yemen. It is thought to be the temple of The Queen of Sheba.

Recent archaeological discoveries in Mareb, Yemen support the view that the Queen of Sheba ruled over southern Arabia, with evidence suggesting that the area was the capital of the Kingdom of Sheba.

Wiki Link

The Bar'an Temple near Marib, Yemen. It is also known as the Sun temple or "Bilqis Throne." The excavated temple has ben partially reconstructed. It was built in the 8th century BC and performed its function for nearly 1000 years.

Wiki Link

It is not in the same location as the rocket launchers.

Google Earth:
15°22'26.56"N 45°19'51.53"E

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Julie Washington]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Dur...

Did you even read the OP?

www.henrymakow.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
doesn't project blue beam go into things like this fake findings in order to get religious folk all worked up for a fake rapture to get rid of'em!

2012poleshift.wetpaint.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Malarky.....this is definately rag news...i bet the rockets are coincidently placed some ways away from the site....
The real Ark was buried beneath mount Moria? Moriah sic...
whatever....There could be a decoy in ethiopia but the real one is not in africa.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Why would Sumerian tablets mention an artifact that was lost after the downfall of the Sumerian civilization? The Sumerian civilization ended in the 2nd millennium BCE, while the Ark was lost in 586 BCE when the Babylonians sacked Jerusalem.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I hope they never find the Ark of the Covenant. While it would lend some truth to the mysteries, it could also destroy a lot of people's faith. Some folks need that faith to keep on moving forward.

That is what Religion bases everything off of... Faith. Some may hate Religion in general because people are inherently stupid and become extremists, but, Religion has a lot to do with keeping some people in line, and a lot of the good deeds that are done, are done with Religion in mind. The potential destruction that could come about would really screw things up for a looooooooooooooot of people.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
yes they found it... in 1958....old news my friends hey, it was in life magazine in 1959....when i was 8 years old there exists a picture or three here at ATS!

i have it on my desktop big as dallas

[edit on 30-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

People take it on faith that there is no god just as much as they do that there is a god. At the end of the day, it's all just faith. If you believe in anything at all, you do so with faith, pure and simple.

And just in case you hadn't noticed, the sh*t has officially hit the fan. Too late for saving anything now. Just hold on tight to your faith. And keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times. Thank you and enjoy the ride.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join