It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Dropa Stones

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Great post, well thought out and presented. The Dropa are something I've been curious about for some time.

I find it really weird that someone would go to the trouble of making 713 disks for a hoax (especially in 1938). But the lolladoff plate seems like a more likely hoax (I mean if the skeletons and plates were real, what better way to disprove them by coming up with a similar hoax? idk).

Very interesting stuff, I'm dying to know what the spiral grooves were really for? I wonder if it might be some old binary code.

Thanks for your work, S+F RA

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliquandro
reply to post by Rising Against

Great post, well thought out and presented. The Dropa are something I've been curious about for some time.

I find it really weird that someone would go to the trouble of making 713 disks for a hoax (especially in 1938).

Nobody made the 713 disks because they never existed.

What part of this is difficult to understand?

There exist no pictures of any such disks, the people that supposedly found them never existed, and finally, do you really believe someone could translate a language of a culture that is alien to the very planet itself in a matter of months?

We can't even translate the Minoan language, and they were Earthlings!

Harte

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I have to make this reply quick as I'm almost ready to leave for work.. but I do have to admit, I do appreciate your posts in this thread Harte, and I'm much more skeptical today than I was when I first started this thread.

But it has to be said.. I am glad I started this thread still. It's been eye-opening to say the least.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Harte

I have to make this reply quick as I'm almost ready to leave for work.. but I do have to admit, I do appreciate your posts in this thread Harte, and I'm much more skeptical today than I was when I first started this thread.

But it has to be said.. I am glad I started this thread still. It's been eye-opening to say the least.

The subject serves as an example of how fringe con men operate and thus is really quite useful.

The topic is fascinating, if bogus.

If it were true, it would be fantastic.

Harte

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Harte

The subject serves as an example of how fringe con men operate and thus is really quite useful.

The topic is fascinating, if bogus.

If it were true, it would be fantastic.

Harte

Hey Harte yeah I remember reading the story the first time; and found it amazing, when I was 14.... A good example of how long a bit of fakery can last. I suspect we'll see references to it for generations to come

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join