It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Dropa Stones

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Good effort but this topic has been done to death here on ATS!

The Gazillion Threads On Dropa Stones On ATS

I know, In fact that was one of the very first thing's I mentioned when starting this thread.

I also explained soon after why I started it as well.

(See it on the second paragraph after the red text)

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Nice work, you put all the info in one place. i have read it all before. My thought is Dr. Karyl Robin-Evans seems not to have ever existed, if he did there would have been many photos taken when he made the ruling couple picture.
Also there should be pictures somewhere of the original discoveries as there was film at the time 1938. There just always seems to be nothing but repeats of the same picture and a whole lota of stones that are all different.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Yeah, the lack of evidence is such a horrible shame really, I mean some say it's a conspiracy by the governments as they are suppressing the information etc. and others say there is no evidence to suppress in the first place.

Hopefully we'll be hearing more from this story in the future and maybe something will come out unexpectedly but I know how unlikely it can be especially with the current government.

Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You may be very interested in a book called "The Third Eye" by Tuesday Lobsang Rampa, which tells the story of a young boy growing up in a tibetan monastery. At one point in the book, the main character goes into a series of caves deep below an ancient temple and it is revealed that there are three extra terrestrial skeletons displayed ceremoniously in the main antechamber. The book itself doesnt actually go into the ET side of things any further, however there are some interesting points about the author himself.

(ingest salt grains now)

Tuesday Lobsang Rampa was originally a British middle aged working man who FELL OUT OF A TREE one day and became unconscious. When he regained consciousness, much to the alarm of his wife, he had awoken with the personality, memories, and gentle wisdom of a tibetan monk.He then wrote his book the Third Eye, which ALLEGEDLY angered the tibetan buddhist community in a very profound way, not because it was written by a man who had never set foot in Tibet, but because this man somehow knew secrets divulged in the book that only an actual tibetan monk could possibly have known. No idea how true any of that is guys, but the book is a very interesting read and worth chewing on anyway. if the story is true, perhaps the Dropa caves are what was being referred to in the book?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient_Fury

Thank you again. I had been looking for that title for awhile now.
He has a book about caves I just saw on Amazon.

"The Cave of the Ancients" anyway interesting to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

you are very much welcome! I have not read cave of the ancients, elaborate this one for me?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient_Fury

I have not read it just saw it on Amazon when I went to order the other one.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You know ATS is in trouble if you have to post half a dozen paragraphs
begging for understanding of the almighty moderators and other
posters before posting a thread.

Good post by the OP, hopefully anyone that wants this in another
forum or sees it as a duplicate will not start foaming at the mouth.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Awesome post, I have read a lot on this topic, this was very thorough. I as an ATS member am very much on the side of this being true. I think we should all, including myself, try to track down the history of these people involved, If they did, or still do exists, track down them or their relatives and do interviews of all of the above. The majority of you all have still not gotten it, or are just plain lazy. Who is going to do the research? who are going to prove or disprove our theories? If we sit back on our couches, waitng for someone else to do the work, who is ever going to do the work to prove or disprove these claims? This is in fact a way to not only improve your life, but to give it meaning! Pick a top topic, that you are interested in, devote the time and research nessecery to find the sources, dig up the documents, use the full force of the internet, library, past newspapers, WHAT EVER IT TAKES. Yes it is fascinating to read the posts on this site all day long. How much more satisfying would it be to say that you alone proved or disproved a conspiricy by actually researching it till the end? We have all decided that we can not rely on the mainstream media, great. Therefore we can only rely on ourselves. We are the new reporters for the world! Yet we can not fall into the lazy tactics of the main-stream media. Choose a topic, research it until you litterally have no other means to obtain more information, THEN PRESS HARDER! Find out for yourself how the world actually operates, and then come back and inform us all.
Also each of us have a responsibility attempt to spread all confirmed threads to the main stream media. It is one thing if one or two of us try to do so. When 100,000 of us all at once, send a story to the main stream media, they have to pay attention. We need to start being far more proactive, and quit taking this as an entertainment site, if we are ever to change anything, or for that matter be taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yeah, I read a couple paragraphs after the whole i'm trying not to make an alien themed thing and I would've loved to know what the Dropa Stones are to begin with. I didn't read on because of that. I was extremely confused. Please tell me what they are. They sound really cool.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by leaderofthepack]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

As a follow up. We are the new media, The MSM has proven time and time again to not only be controlled, but to be inacuarate and lazy. We can be the future of our people worldwide. Though first we must be accurate, thorough, and willing to take the extra step to find out the truth, no matter what it may be. At that point we will be taken seriously. We will be the new media, and every member needs to take an oath to be uncorruptable. We need the outright truth, we need to study, and we need to fight for it and never back down. The public will follow us at that point.

The next revolution will not be through violence, it will be through information, we should simply let the old media, politicians, and spin doctors drift into the realm of non-existence. They will simply stop to exist when we stop listening and they fade into the past. WE ARE THE FUTURE!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Great read Rising Against!

As someone else has mentioned, there are plenty of threads on the subject - but when a thread is as good as yours, it's definitely a pleasure to see it through a fresh set of eyes.

Well done mate. Superb thread!

S&F4U

IRM

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Errmmmm, hello, did anyone see the post where I gave information around how the author who first referenced the caves and the stones admitted he made it all up?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Ok, I take my words back! This one IS well laid out! A cut above the rest!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Great read, thx OP. s&f

Have heard of them before but i still got some new stuff out of your thread, hoax or no hoax.. still a cool story!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

You know ATS is in trouble if you have to post half a dozen paragraphs
begging for understanding of the almighty moderators and other
posters before posting a thread.

Good post by the OP, hopefully anyone that wants this in another
forum or sees it as a duplicate will not start foaming at the mouth.

Well it’s no secret that this isn’t a new subject on ATS really.

Which is why I thought it was necessary and only fair to make it perfectly clear that this wasn’t just a random thread asking for information on the subject.

I worked really hard trying to find all the information and bring it ALL in one place, good and bad, and then ask the opinions of the great members here.

But I’m glad it’s managed to stay up and I’m grateful for what people have posted as well.

I feel like I’m learning a lot from what people have mentioned, especially those who know a lot more than me about this story!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hey ‘something wicked’

Sorry about the slow reply, I must have accidentally missed your post.

Anyway thanks alot for your great contribution from your first post, It's much appreciated and you should Know I have actually mentioned this in my opening thread.

3. Later Sources. The 1978 book Sungods in Exile "edited" by David Agamon, appeared to lend support to the story of the Dropa, but Agamon admitted in the magazine Fortean Times in 1988 that the book was fiction and that its alleged author, a British researcher named Dr. Karyl Robin-Evans, was imaginary. Some websites claim to show a photo of Dr Robin-Evans with the Dalai Lama. A frail, old man assisted by the current Dalai Lama, the photograph is quite recent and can not be Dr Robin-Evans -- he died in 1978, according to Hartwig Hausdorf.

Along with 6 other stand out points that claim this story to be a hoax.

Also here is the part just before that was mentioned in my opening posts also that you may be find interesting.

2. Early Sources. The earliest mention of the story is in Erich von Damien¹s infamous 1968 book, Chariots of the Gods. The book has been widely criticized as unreliable; in fact, the vast majority of names and sources appearing in the book cannot be corroborated, and no existence of the following Soviet or Chinese scholars can be found anywhere outside this story: Cho Pu Tei, Tsum Um Nui, Ernst Wagener, Vyatcheslav Saizev, and Sergei Lolladoff. Most tellingly, Däniken gives his main source for the story as a Soviet science fiction writer Alexander Kazantsev; however Kazantsev himself disagrees with Däniken's account and says that it was Däniken who told him the story, not the other way around.

This story looks alot like hoax but as you yourself pointed out the argument against could simply be that this is disinformation and government involvement was apparent (especially that government in particular) which is in fact a good point and is true no matter how you look at it in all honesty.....Or how unlikely.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hi Rising,

Thanks for that, I can recommend the following link that has some salient points, apologies if you have already seen...

www.crystalinks.com...
!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Thanks for the link man but I should let ya know you're too slow.

That was the first link I posted in the last part of my thread. lol

Thanks though, if you have any more then I'd love to see them, Although chances are I already have but that's not the point.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
star and flag for your work on this.
given the hoax argument byrd supplied, i will say, in the cultural/political climate at the time, disappearing scientists and artifacts are quite possible.
i am still open to this.

Responses in this thread typify what is wrong with ATS.

There is no mention of the Dropa Stones prior to Sungods in Exile and the EVD reference.

The author of "Sungods'''" called the Dropa Stones his "favorite hoax" in Fortean Times magazine.

The BBC caught VonDaniken in an outright fraud - paying a potter to make a so-called "artifact" depicting a UFO and an alien, a picture (and fabricated tale to go with it) appearing in one of his books.

EVD excused his fraud by saying no one will believe him unless he gives them evidence. Apparently the BBC didn't give EVD time to think before he spoke.

Yet still we have a majority of people in this thread insisting that the subject is "worth looking into" or "I'm still open to it..." etc.

Re "disappearing scientists," these so-called "scientists" never existed in the first place. That was the point. Not that nobody can find them now, but that there is no record they ever existed.

If TPTB removed all references on Earth to these people, why is Sungods in Exile still available? Why can cynical conmen continue to make the Dropa claim on horribly misnamed television channels like the "History" channel andwebsites for idiots (and Sitchinistas) all over the internet?

There never were any artifacts, the Dropa Stones never existed and for God's sake all you believers, I hope you carry your wallets in your front pockets.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join