It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Dropa Stones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm more interrested in the strange glyphs that were said to be on the disks. To bad you couldn't find anything on what they looked like. Would be interresting to see them.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The Dropa Stones look like part of a Tesla energy generator. The pollution from it was ionic. After the floods in the 3rd phase of life I heard rumors of the Himalayan mountains were atomic bombed by extra terrestrials. do you think this is an underground community trying to avoid eradication? I know the government in China are better informed of their past because of their forced work camps and mining labor. Too bad they are going to censor all the good stuff.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well done OP another fine thread, which I feel I must add as one of my favourites, the question is which one will it replace? this is a truely remarkable thread and one that should take pride of place on the front page for eternity. The thought and lay out is exceptional well done.

That said I wish to add my 2 cents.

All over the world there are discoveries that are made by archeaologists when these discoveries are made we the common people don't always hear about them straight away, why is this? why is it that our governments or groups of people whom we have elected decide that it is our best interest not to know? this is why there is so much conspiracal talk around such topics.

For example. They discovered a cave in france some years ago and the entire area was shut off to the public, (fair enough you don't want people disturbing the area) however, only certain archaeologists were allowed access to it, these groups of archaeologists are the same people that investigate all of these discoveries, they are like the CERN of archaelology. anyway, this is just one example. I could go on and on and on because archaeology is close to my heart.

Governments only hide things from us for a handful of reasons and normally the main one is because of hidden agendas.

I am not saying that I am convinced that the DOPLA STONES are real, but looking at the countless times certain groups have spun us alternative propaganda surrounding such issues you have to raise an eyebrow to these topics.

Thanks again for providing us at ATS with such an informative thread.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
double

line two

[edit on 6/30/10 by emsed1]

Hi Will

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I remember reading about the dropa stones somewhere before over a year ago and I remember being totally amazed by what I read. Your thread comes a few days after I read about something similar that might offer some sort of explanation.

They are called australites and on first sight appeared to be man made. However once you see the scale of the object and the time it is dated from then that becomes unlikely.

It is thought that these were formed during times of frequent meteorite impacts on earth. The theory is that the impacts caused small chunks of rocks from Earth to fly off out of the atmosphere and eventually falling back in while molten and at high speed, which gave them their distinctive shape. This shows that sometimes, unnatural looking objects can be formed in nature causing us humans headaches for generations.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
RA I owe you one!
Great post , one of the best I've read and though it does have some dodgy evidence it is still compelling.
thank you.

I noticed that idiot that counted your words never showed up again!

Look forward to your next post.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Good post OP, Very Informative.
Thanks daviroo for those images,
Thier shape are self explantary.

Regards, robbo

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

great posts and interesting subject.

a little confused about the caves and how they came about, were these cave systems already there and were just added to, squared and glazed. or did these dropa actually start from scratch with their source of extreme heat and build these tunnels and underground store rooms through solid mountainside.

It's claimed that through this peculiar expedition that one of the fascinating discoveries that was made was the actual caves themselves that the team was exploring as they MAY have been artificially carved somehow It's said, It's also worth mentioning at this point these caves are said to be around 10 - 12,000 years old as well, they also say the caves were more like a complex system of tunnels and underground store rooms than anything else.
The walls were even squared and glazed; they say it's as if it was actually cut into the mountain with a source of extreme heat!

The Dropa disks tell the story of a space probe from a distant planet that crash-landed in the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of the Himalayas. The occupants of the spacecraft -- the Dropa -- found refuge in the caves of the mountains. Despite their peaceful intentions, the Dropa were misunderstood by members of the Han tribe who were occupying neighboring caves and who hunted down the aliens and even killed some of them.

A translation of one of the passages says: "The Dropa came down from the clouds in their aircraft. Our men, women, and children hid in the caves ten times before sunrise. When at last they understood the sign language of the Dropa, they realized that the newcomers had peaceful intentions...."

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The issues of translation point even more strongly to an outright hoax. Translation is the work of years and teams, not the work of a single man and a short time. Since we both know English, take a moment to ponder how you'd translate this Old English text:
www8.georgetown.edu...

I would totally agree with that. I come from an area of England known as the Black Country. The puritan Black Country dialect speakers in the area (mostly people over the age of 70 these days) say that it's the closest thing to Anglo-Saxon still alive today. I managed to understand less than 50% of that Beowulf and I can read most of the untranslated Magna Carta!

Perfect example. This (real) roadsign put up in my area is hard enough for non locals to read and it's in modern English.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8587c87ebe72.jpg[/atsimg]

Now imagine trying to translate a completely unknown language without any reference to anything similar.

Also that fact that none of the people and many of the places cannot be confirmed to have ever existed, some are confirmed to have never existed and the references to the very questionable Von Daniken.

I definitely call hoax.

Great thread though OP S&F for effort!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

Thank You for your post albertfothergill!

I'm glad you enjoyed it and Yeah, it took quite a while altogether for research and writing up etc. so taking an hour away from your life was hopefully worth it then I hope lol

Anyway if you haven’t already then I’d recommend watching the documentary I added in my last post (under the section of 'Dropa Stones Documentary: ')

It's pretty informative and I sense you may enjoy it!

I,m 50/50 on this one but I would not be surprised if something emerged in a few years to back all this Dropa stone mystery up. (maybe the stones might turn up from Russia)

Also in regards to something turning up, I'm not 100% sure on this and it may not be exactly what you are talking about and also it's from 2008 sadly so I’m not sure if it could have happened already although I seriously doubt it at this moment of time.

But this link below may be interesting to you and definitely worth researching to find more information.

A New Expedition

Baian-Kara-Ula remains one of China’s most remote regions. Its mountains reach as high as 5,000 metres and descend to 2,000 metres. Despite the altitude, summers can be pleasantly warm in this region.

It is now said that a new expedition is being prepared and will soon be under way. It is apparently largely an initiative of Chinese media empires, its main sponsor being the China Daily newspaper. If the participants are able to get their act together, it might not be another decade before this story takes yet another twist.
(Source)

This article was published in NEXUS Magazine, vol. 15, no. 6 (October-November 2008).

Like I said I'm not 100% sure so take it with a pinch of salt but it's an interesting idea still and I'll keep looking for information, if needs be I'll U2U you on any information that I find as well if you want.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Thanks for your post cindymars!

I so agree with you when you say ‘History is wrong’, I mean there is just so much out there that 'doesn't quite fit' like for example and off the top of my head the Aluminium Wedge of Aiud or the Acámbaro Figures for example.

Also not forgetting the pictographs on cave walls that seem to pop up all over the world and talk about/show what looks like extraterrestrials and there alien crafts as well as local legends of the same things.

Anyway sadly I think I missed that documentary about Ancient Astronauts that you mentioned but it does sound really familiar to me in all honesty, not sure how long ago it would have been but it does feel like it was relatively recent…… I could be way off though lol

Oh and I'm always all hears for any information that you may have!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Very well put together my friend! S&F!

I will post my response once I'm done reading all the info, thanks for putting this together.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hey Byrd, thanks for your post man!

Yeah, I agree with most of what you wrote and in fact the reasons against this story being true are some of the reasons why I'm leaning towards this being a Hoax as well, that being so I'm not 100% convinced to be honest still.

But I just have to add that when you speak of the translation, as far as I'm aware it wasn't just this one man (Dr. Tsum Um Nui) who single handedly translated this completely unknown language, as far as I'm aware he had a team with him helping him out with it.

Yes, Of course I do still understand the seemingly impossible challenge even if he had a team of a hundred men all working on it attempting to translate the language.

Even with the time period they had as well it would seem unlikely a time for this to be achieved, especially for an ‘alien language’ Of course that was just a example and he never had all those people working on it as far as I’m aware

Actually I mentioned the difficulty of this in my post as well

But just because it's unlikely doesn’t mean it's impossible IMO.

No matter how unlikely 'something' can be the door is never closed.

Also this is just a thought I had, it holds no merit or anything but it's just sort of came to me right now, but say contact was made with these people in modern day by this man, surely since they are said to around still that with their help deciphering this code could have been made alot easier and achieved faster.

I mean language would have evolved from when they came about to present day but it would have made the task alot easier still wouldn’t you say?

Anyway like I said it's just a quick idea that popped into my head and I thought I would share.

Thanks for your post.

Peace!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conal
RA I owe you one!
Great post , one of the best I've read and though it does have some dodgy evidence it is still compelling.
thank you.

Yeah, the evidence for this story isn't the best we've ever come across really but nonetheless it's still a pretty cool 'story' and It was fun researching and looking into it further.

It's definitely something that more people should at least try in my opinion.

I noticed that idiot that counted your words never showed up again!

Everyone has a right to there own opinion and I'm not going to ignore him because it was negative, If he doesn't like what I have to say then I'd love to hear why.

Also I'm looking a it as constructive criticism for now (even if it wasn;t meant that way
)

Peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by redgy

Well all I can really do here is assume what had happened as I wasn't around at the time annoyingly.

But my guess would be that caves were already there, as the tribe that was already occupying this area was using them and when the Dropa 'arrived' they occupied the caves that were not being used (because obviously not every single cave was being used by the original tribe) or instead simply made their own and then renovation on the caves would have begun to make it a livable place etc. or make it what they wanted it to be.

Like I said though it’s just an assumption as I don’t have an answer at this moment in time.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Good effort but this topic has been done to death here on ATS!

The Gazillion Threads On Dropa Stones On ATS

Why do we keep bumping topics when nothing new has been discovered?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hi,

It's a very compelling story isn't it, unfortunately the source of the 'legend' has long since admitted it's a hoax.

The caves and their contents were originally in what was presented as a factual book called Sungods in exile (1978) by a writer using the pseudonym David Agamon, although in this version of what then becomes a shaggy dog story, the discovery was in 1947.

In 1995, British writer David Gamon admitted in an issue of Fortean Times (issue 75, page 57) that he had written the book as a hoax inspired by Von Daniken.

The source material for the story was taken from a 1960's magazine article in Russian Digest, and a 1973 French science fiction novel Les disques de Biem-Kara, (The discs of Biem-Kara), by Daniel Piret.

Of course, others have picked up and embellished the story hence 'The Chinese Roswell'

Of course, you may wish to say that such an admission is disinfo, or he was told to do this by TPTB, but the absolute and utter lack of any evidence whatsoever seems to go against that challenge (although for some people that points to the fact it must be true or why remove the evidence

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Yes, the subject has been done many times here on ATS, but this is, IMHO, one laid out and thought out threads on the subject covering both the pro and con aspects of the story. Also bringing these topics back to the front allows new members to ATS to be introduced to such things where they may not have known about this to even attempt a search for it.

I am one of the members that would normally like to see existing threads be added to, but in this case, IMHO, the way that they gathered the information and presented it really did need a new thread start for an old topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

That is the fakest looking sign I have ever seen. You can clearly see the pixalation around the words

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Yes, the subject has been done many times here on ATS, but this is, IMHO, one laid out and thought out threads on the subject covering both the pro and con aspects of the story. Also bringing these topics back to the front allows new members to ATS to be introduced to such things where they may not have known about this to even attempt a search for it.

Agreed. That's why I didn't shut it down, although that was one of my options as moderator.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join