It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Dropa Stones

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
double

line two

[edit on 6/30/10 by emsed1]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Is it truly closed off or is that part of the hoax part?

The reason I say this is because I have heard stories both ways where it is closed of and I have heard stories to the contrary.

That is one of the reasons I would like to go in person to see what is truly being closed off with my own eyes and what I could actually gain access to. Along with many other reasons to go there first hand.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

My bad then.

I'll try and do better next time K?

Anyway of course I appreciate your honesty but It'd be nice to hear what you have to say about the actual story as well.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

You do realize that everyone that post on here is not a scholar and not everyone speaks and writes English as their primary language regardless of where they are from.

This is a well researched topic, and whether you agree with it being true or false (both sides are presented very well by the way) it was well worth the read.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Thank you!

Yeah I agree that the general rule seems to be scream Hoax as quickly as possible, Which is a shame really, many of the links I came across seemed overly sceptical as well and only really showed that area apart from both sides sadly.

Anyway hopefully more about this story will come about as time passes, It’s certainly interesting and worthy of future looks.

Well IMO anyway.

reply to post by anon72

I hope some of the experts can chime in

Yeah, same here because man and as I’ve already mentioned, I’m not an expert at all so hearing the thoughts about people who really know this story would be so helpful and is so welcomed!

Also I think there has been a lot of talk about a cover-up when It comes to the Chinese Government, the disks were even said to have simply disappeared at one point as well never to be seen again for example.

Anyway glad you liked it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

I am sorry, but I can't read your post and you are not to be taken seriously. Your first three paragraphs have over 300 words and exactly three end of sentence periods...one at the end of each paragraph. I have never in my life read such long runon sentences.

Mods, you should dump posts like this or ask the poster to re-write it in at least moderately functional English. This sort of thing dumbs down ATS and the English language in general when tolerated.

Well it seems fairly obvious to me that RA has devoted an awful lot of time both researching this fascinating subject, and presenting it in a very informative way.

This is, without doubt, one of the best threads I have ever had the pleasure to read on this site

The subject matter is certainly very mysterious and the alien angle can certainly not be ruled out !!

You really have missed out on a wonderful thread.....

Well done RA
S&F

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by pajoly

My bad then.

I'll try and do better next time K?

Anyway of course I appreciate your honesty but It'd be nice to hear what you have to say about the actual story as well.

Thanks.

RA!!! What the hell are you doing????? How dare you apologise mate!

pajoly, you are out of line sir!!

I don't think you have any RIGHT at all to critique this amazing thread so harshly.

Rising Against

Threads Started: 127
Total Replies: 3,599
Applause: 53
Flags: 869
Stars: 1260

pajoly

Threads Started: 0
Total Replies: 0
Applause: 0
Flags: 0
Stars: 160

That's right, he's been here LESS TIME than you, look at how he's contributed mate. I defy you to do ONE thread that is half as well presented, thought out and written, then we'll see how you feel about RA's work!!

Back to the thread mate, well done. you've truly managed to present a well balanced report, like my mate Kandinsky said:

you've presented all sides of the argument and still expressed your opinions and questions

This is the first time I've come across them, so to me the whole story is quite exciting and mysterious. For me, the fact that the "dwarf tribe" seems to be corroborated by MSM is quite interesting, although this doesn't prove the story by any means, but it does add weight to it.

The usually problem exists, the evidence to begin with was sketchy, it doesn't take much to make tales like these disappear, or at least murky the waters enough so that no one can be sure.

I tend to think, using the scientific method of "intuition", that this is probably a hoax. BUT, having said that, there are aspects that intrigue me further. I'd like a look at those caves, or more info on them, to begin with.

Anyway RA, thanks for all your hard work mate, a great read, well done!

Need I say it...S+F!!

And pajoly

[edit on 30-6-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

RA!!! What the hell are you doing????? How dare you apologise mate!

I didn't technically apologize!

I worked hard here remember and I don’t really think I have anything to apologize for. lol

Anyway I do appreciate his honesty still although I would have much more preferred a U2U about it instead of an off topic post but what can you do eh?

In fact I appreciate everyone’s comments, good or bad, I don’t see it as him being rude (even if it was meant that way) I see it as constructive criticism at this moment of time, I think that's by far better than shouting abuse at him and getting myself a warn.

Anyway on topic:

I'm glad you guys agree that I have tried to be fair and present both sides here as that's been my intention since the beginning of post 1, I mean I’ve said this right from the beginning but this is a great story I’m only here to learn and the only way that can from my POV is by seeing both sides and building an opinion up from that.

I do think you would enjoy looking into this further though Kiwi and I think it’s something you’ll find particularly interesting especially if you maybe decide to start by watching the documentary I added as that will obviously be more interesting than reading .

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
ever played an dropa disk on an recordplayer?
they might be an storage medium..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

I did find something interesting that's definitely worth posting.......I have to go soon though so I'll have to be quick but it's necessary and quite information still.

Sadly I’m not sure of it’s credibility in all honesty so please take it with a pinch of salt!!

here ya go.

The anonymous discoverer of these Ancient crystal skulls spent 2-years retrieving 22 ancient crystal skulls, collectively known as THE HIMALAYAN SKULLS, which he feels are linked to the Dropa. Also recovered were two Dropa disks from the same cave wherein he found one of the crystal skulls. The discoverer has been an artifacts collector for over 30 years.

He says, "I am of the opinion now that the crystal skulls were used by the Dropa as radio transmitters/receivers to communicate with their home base, which could be many light years away from this planet, as well as to communicate with their ‘mates’ who had also landed elsewhere on this planet.

The stone disks were the ancient computer disks to record and save messages sent or received. The skull and the stone disk must work together to be effective just like our computers today. Without software our computer today is a dead machine. From the spiritual angle the skull and the stone disk will open up a new portal which will enhance the working of spiritualists.
(Source)

Like I said take it wit apinch of salt but it's an inteesting idea still.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Hello RA

Absolute brill post, its taken me an hour or so to get through everything and enjoyed every minute of it. Must have taken you ages to put together.

I,m 50/50 on this one but I would not be surprised if something emerged in a few years to back all this Dropa stone mystery up. (maybe the stones might turn up from Russia)

Thanks very much for your hard work mate.

Albert

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
First, are the caves real? How many entrances are there? Do they all inter-connect? Are they a natural formation or are they definitely 'cut' by someone? What is the square footage of the caves? Are there any pictures?

Great thread! I need to watch the History Channel videos.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Great thread and well presented, both sides with an open-mind! Good job!
S&F

I have seen the documentary and read different things on them.
I for one without any physical proof believe that there were very advanced civilizations on this Earth maybe before the great flood, I really don't know but believe. There was recently a "Ancient Astronauts" on THC that had some amazing theories that the entire ancient world had communications and such, true or not, we don't know. I believe history is incorrect.

I have things to share with you privately but not here.

Peace out all!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Discussed here before, but a superb introduction with good research on the popular evidence and very solid and balanced reporting.

That said, they are frauds.

The hallmarks of the fraud are:
* mysterious artifacts that do not match known cultures
* mysterious artifacts are handed over to someone who does not come from the area and is not an expert/cultural affiliate with anyone in the region (are you REALLY going to hand over your most valuable US history to someone who just wandered into your area on a tourist visa and doesn't even speak your language?)
* a lama/monk/angel/holy man/priest/shaman shows up and translates or helps translate the item for the person reporting this (presumably because the person is "special" ) and then vanishes.
* the artifacts vanish completely, with no trace left.
* the scientists who pronounced these items to be "the real deal" are nowhere to be found on the face of this earth.

Vanishing scientists and evidence are hallmarks of many other frauds (as is the "I fell into a hole/was walking around/was digging in a mine and nobody was around but I found this wonderful thing" line.) People do find interesting stuff all the time (we had someone bring rudist fossils to the museum the other day.) In the case of the Dropa stones, they claim to have mummies and so forth... all of which suddenly vanish without a trace along with the scientists.

This is extremely unlikely.

The issues of translation point even more strongly to an outright hoax. Translation is the work of years and teams, not the work of a single man and a short time. Since we both know English, take a moment to ponder how you'd translate this Old English text:
www8.georgetown.edu...

It's pretty rough, isn't it? And this is in a language we know, with word and sentence structure we know.

...and now try translating something written in an alphabet that you aren't familiar with in a language that you don't know (which would be the case if someone found tiny scratchy hieroglyphics in the grooves of a disk) :
www.maalaimalar.com...

If you saw the letters, would you even recognize them AS letters?

So the story that they're handed over to someone who just translates them in a short time without any clues as to what a letter is, how the language is spoken, how many sounds there are in that language and so on and so forth is truly bogus. If we had an alphabet for the language and if we recognized where a word began and ended, then we'd be in the same shape as you are when you look at the original text for "Beowulf" (at least, I'm assuming you're not a scholar of Old English. You might be... but they're pretty rare.)

We could accept sloppy data acquisition, lost or mislaid items, but each and every point in the story is quickly refuted.

So... it's a hoax.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
ever played an dropa disk on an recordplayer?
they might be an storage medium..

The real question to ask yourselves is did they play them backwards?

Hey RA, absolutely brilliant thread. Researching the Dropa stones has been on my to-do list, but too far down to have gotten done. Thank you for doing all the hard legwork and presenting the story so completely.

I for one want to believe, for some reason I find stories that span decades more credible...something was found (or at least brought back to civilization), no one really got any real fame or fortune, no internet following...now there's no traces of the artifacts, although they were tracked for a time.

Oh the things I would do if I won the lottery...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

That all sounds good and makes sense but I don't think the story can be discounted so quickly or easily...

We would all agree the need for extreme secrecy from either China or Russia if the stones existed and were what they are purported to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
star and flag for your work on this.

given the hoax argument byrd supplied, i will say, in the cultural/political climate at the time, disappearing scientists and artifacts are quite possible.

i am still open to this.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just a Thought it is not necessary for aliens to look like monsters in fact if all the planets have been born from space dust, then we all living beings must be carbon based beings and would require oxygen to breathe and all aliens might be humanoids, may be the color of the skin or the height may vary but they could be living amongst us without our knowledge.

All but I might be going over the line and say the Dropa Discs might be real, if we can send probes and manned mission to moon may be some other advanced beings might have sent them here. I am sure we will be sending our missions into other galaxies when we become that advanced.

Same thing First people crossed river, then they crossed Oceans and Continents, now going to moon and mars, then we might visit star systems and galaxies. This is all because of the curiosity of our species.

When we reach the far distances it will make sense and you will eventually understand we were never alone in this Universe. Of-course I have no proof of this as of now only time will tell...................

Peace

Star and Flagged OP

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Ashcool007]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Ashcool007]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Tell me that the tether does not looks like the giant Tesla coil animation 6.30min into part one of Nikola- Tesla Mad electricity, sorry for the bad grammar I went to Public school . I just troll here but thanks to all that contribute regularly. I enjoyed this posting very much as I had never heard of the Dropa Stones. This is definitely on of the best posting I have read on this site. Nice job RA

[edit on 30-6-2010 by rat fink]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join