It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can ask the Real Jesus Christ 1 question, what would it be?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
You could always PM me.

It starts with an "E".

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Nah man. Sorry the words have nothing to do with each other. Not in any way. They are in fact, two completely different words, that would never be used together, for anything ,anywhere ,anytime.

Meaning of "Messiah"

I spoke Aramaic, remember? I know what the word means.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Messiah means "Anointed One" or "Anointed One of God" and following Hebraic tradition, the "Anointed One" is god in the flesh. Are you trying to tell me that God couldn't complete His work the first time??

"It is finished."

GOD's work did not start with my birth, as Jesus, and it did not end with my death, as Jesus. You should understand this, as much as you otherwise understand.

When I said, "It is finished," I was only referring to my portion of the work. The hard part was over. I'm sure you can empathize with my feeling of relief at the moment!

[edit on 7/2/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If I could ask Jesus one question:

"What is the rationale behind admittance to Heaven; according to doctrine, a serial killer who repented and accepted you as his savior is in, yet a farmer who lived a good life, but was raised as a Buddhist is out, because he didn't accept you as his savior....what gives?"

Those aren't valid rules. They are part of human religion. You know this!
Why believe it? It doesn't make sense, does it? Good reason to be highly skeptical of things that are basically confusion. GOD is not the author of confusion or elitist religious ideas.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Who would you choose? The one who decides he's good enough on his own and doesn't need you, or the man who comes crying on his knees and begs for your mercy and forgiveness?

You misunderstand the role of a servant. No one is expected to fall to their knees in the presence of a servant. I have no power-hungry ego that needs to be placated with begging and tears!

And just so you realize, God judges ALL sin equally... to him it's just SIN. To him coveting your neighbor's property or wife, or lying is the same as murder... It's all SIN. So the monk may not have killed a person with his bare hands, but maybe he's told lies. maybe he's stolen, maybe he's looked at a woman with lust? Who knows, to God sin is sin, all are guilty of being sinners and God is not a respecter of persons.

GOD doesn't see sin.

All will be saved!
1 Timothy 2:3-6

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by randyvs
Nah man. Sorry the words have nothing to do with each other. Not in any way. They are in fact, two completely different words, that would never be used together, for anything ,anywhere ,anytime.

Meaning of "Messiah"

I spoke Aramaic, remember? I know what the word means.
wow, are you kidding me??? You are not Jesus Christ. Are you joking or insane??

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
No this is a future event, not a past event.
I am not sure you fully understand this particular prophesy.
The appearance of a long sought after success with world "peace & security" is the trigger.

I am not sure you understand that the spirit of prophesy is the testimony of Jesus Christ.

You're interpreting prophesy according to the ideas of your fellows, not Spirit.

The Apostle Paul wrote that scripture after Jesus went to heaven.
1 Thessalonians 5:3

While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

And the previous scripture tells us for sure it is a future event
1 Thessalonians 5:2

2For you yourselves know perfectly well that the day of the [return of the] Lord will come [as unexpectedly and suddenly] as a thief in the night.

The interpretation is very straightforward.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

Jesus Christ: John 10:27

You're not Jesus Christ, sorry. Wake up.

""Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."

Jesus Christ: John 10:1

[edit on 2-7-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You could always PM me.

It starts with an "E".

As in Eli, short for Eli - [Y]ah?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Craic.

All right, you tripped me up with that use of, Slang is it? Good one, and I'm Irish.
Guess a lifetime of being in America has it's drawbacks.
As far as knocken a few back together, I'm in America I'm Irish and will never attempt to pass myself off as perfect. If you catch my meaning.
Of course I could broden my horizons. It wouldn't effect what I believe.
I didn't like your answer, but the things you say in retort seem to have a likable ring to them can't quite sort it out.
Cheers

Oh and thanks
I come out of this convo with a plus. Little more educated, or worldly if I dare.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Pretty much, yes.
Good job!

Thanks

No one else seemed brave enough to attempt it, so I thought I take up the challenge and give it a go.

Originally posted by Joecroft

Lord, what is God the Fathers true name?

Eli.

Man, there is so much I could respond to, regarding your replies! to the other posters on this thread…I don’t know where to start!

Eli...

Not sure about this, as far as I can gather, the word “Eli” simply means “My God”, which is more of a title for God, rather than a name.

- JC

PS – I finally figured out where your old signature came from.

“Go back to your oar, 41” (Ben Hur)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

No.
No, and no.

None of the above.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yes. However, relative to the time that Paul wrote this, 1911 WAS in the future!

The interpretation is very straightforward.

That does not mean it is the correct interpretation, especially when trying to interpret Paul. He was a slippery one, for sure!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

As in Eli, short for Eli - [Y]ah?

Close, but no cigar!

You're good, Piky, real good.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
Eli...

Not sure about this, as far as I can gather, the word “Eli” simply means “My God”, which is more of a title for God, rather than a name.

Eli is "short" for El Elyon, which is actually not a name but a title, as you've so correctly stated.

It means "Most High God" and it's what we use to refer to the Father, our Father.

The actual truth is that he has no name! Who would have named him, in the first place? He is not created and he was not born. What name would fit?

So we use the old Hebrew term, El Elyon, because it doesn't seem right, to refer to the King of the Universe, the Ancient of Days, who is the Creator of All That Is and Is Not as "old no-name"! It's no different than the use of the word "GOD" here on Earth. We don't use that word, "GOD," in Heaven. It would get confusing, since it is also just a title and not a name.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yes. However, relative to the time that Paul wrote this, 1911 WAS in the future!

Ok that is the second time you mentioned 1911, care to share what significant in history happened that year?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

No.
No, and no.

None of the above.
Okay, thank you for stating you are definitely not Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The actual truth is that he has no name! Who would have named him, in the first place? He is not created and he was not born. What name would fit?

Well, God actually tells us his name in the Old Testament.

Exodus 3:13-15

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"

God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, (YHWH) the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

God’s name is being revealed as…

…YHWH…

Unfortunately, no one really knows for sure, how this Hebrew word should be pronounced. Many questions still remain unanswered, for example; how many syllables does YHWH have 2, 3 or 4?

Some scholars think it should be EHEYEH, while others believe it to be YAHWEH. There is also differing opinions, as to what EHEYEH actually means. Grammatically speaking, it’s extremely complicated and it’s possible that’s it original meaning/pronunciation, has been lost over time.

I don’t really know for sure but I personally like the name Yahweh because I like the phrase…

“It’s Yahweh or the highway” (j/k)

- JC

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I have researched this quite thoroughly, God has a name and it has a meaning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10120ee0af57.jpg[/atsimg]

Eventually J replaced Y in transliteration from Hebrew to English, there was no J in Hebrew. All these Hebrew names in the bible have the same symbols and were not considered too sacred to pronounce, notice the same Hebrew symbols/ characters/letters and how they correspond exactly with "JEHO" in the English.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7adb98983367.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/957b213b4f80.jpg[/atsimg]

The name is a form of a Hebrew verb ha·wah' (Three Hebrew letters), meaning "to become," and actually signifies "He Causes to Become."
A very appropriate meaning for his name as he caused the universe and all life in it to become.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Ya know, I've been patiently waiting for the self proclaimed messiah Queenanne to come back and answer to your questions...how very un christlike to leave ya hangin

1911...I looked.. best I could find of import that happened that year was the "Libyan war",

Also Encyclopedia Britanica released its 1911 eddition.

There is the '1911' model Colt, a very fine semi-automnatic handgun...now, I can think of a few happenings in 1914 that are significant...but, I can only imagine this imposter would at least be able to get dates right?

So, a third time it is asked Queenanne...what happened in 1911?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join