It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars... Does this prove we have already been!?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Think about the obvious, in 1960-1970 were handheld camcorders' quality that good, auto focus? Also a good point, there was something called the Cold War during this time, USSR and US hated each other. It would be cool it this was true but I am going to guess it is not

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Wow!!!! Great skills from the creator.
Certainly capable to fool some.
He should seriously look into finding employment
with an entrainment company or an effects company.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by Flatfish

In that case i call fake.

who goes that far NOT to land ??

Perhaps those who feel that it's not viable to land and take back off with what they had available at the time??

Jaden

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
People who still believe this is real are crazy. Its has been debunked on page 3 of this thread. Its a good HOAX.

The person who wrote this post and made the YouTube account with the video on it is BLOCKING all comments from people proving it is a HOAX.

THIS GUY IS DISINFO TO THE MAX!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Well its takes about 9 months to travel to mars. And I would assume thats with todays rockets, not 1970's rockets. Granted the technology that Nasa and our military uses is about 40 years more advanced than what they would lead us to believe. I guess its possible. That is some pretty good footage for 1970-something. Looks real, it would surprise me if it was. It wouldn't surprise me if it was fake.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeedawg

Actually, I just went to have a look at the YouTube page...

here was the most recent comment posted:

TheFakingHoaxer

14 seconds ago: This is my CGi work.
TheFakingHoaxer 14 seconds ago

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Stop the madness!!! It is definitely fake! Just check out this page:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Real or not. Common sense tells us that such operations must have been carried out in the past, considering the public/government wall of information. We don't get to see the same picture they see.

Now taking that into account. 'You' as your own mind must start to think on it's own, not misguided thinking but lateral, 'common sense' thinking. Think of it, what your gut tells you and go on that information.

You see although this website is such a great source of information. As anything, it gets construed. Now on subjects like this, you make up your own mind and try not to take all comments below this, as worthy information to read and remember.

To me, seems as real as your gonna get. Don't always think just because something is 'clear' in video recording, it's faked. The government have good cameras too you know.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by SaveThisWorld]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
what an awsome fake, it looked great

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Not sure if anyone has noticed but at: 0:32 or somewhere there about's, I see this.

Does anyone know who this is?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Well...it looked "great"...except where it didn't, and much of it was obviously bad, sorry.

Hqave a peek at some of his other stuff...the "Sydney disaster" is dreadful...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I dont understand how people can still be saying this could be true now that the poster of the video has said it is CGI.

Its a fake! Its a hoax! Does anyone seriously still believe this thread? Why hasn't it been moved yet? We have had compelling evidence from members showing the original photos used to create the movie and we have the creator of the movie himself saying it is fake.

Who in their right mind would continue to believe this drivel?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Joint venture between the US/USSR on the late 70's doesn't make any sense. Moon landing was still fresh in peoples memories and the cold war between the two countries was still in it's apex.

If it was late 90's it would be more possible.

But it's odd to say the least.

Could it be a video from MIR station while over the Gobi desert or something?

If it's indeed Mars one will have to wonder why the secrecy and what they've really found there.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Jeedawg

Actually, I just went to have a look at the YouTube page...

here was the most recent comment posted:

TheFakingHoaxer

14 seconds ago: This is my CGi work.
TheFakingHoaxer 14 seconds ago

He removed that comment.....considering he is deliberately removing comments proving it is a fake this should really be in the hoax section as he obviously knew it was when first posted.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
I dont understand how people can still be saying this could be true now that the poster of the video has said it is CGI.

Its a fake! Its a hoax! Does anyone seriously still believe this thread? Why hasn't it been moved yet? We have had compelling evidence from members showing the original photos used to create the movie and we have the creator of the movie himself saying it is fake.

Who in their right mind would continue to believe this drivel?

You seem to quick to point something out. How do you know that the person who said he 'supposedly' made this, is him?

How do we know, your not another liar yourself, trying to push people away from something like this?

It may be Fake but your no more proof, then some random person saying he made it.

I say people should keep there books open still.

Anyone checked that picture I found in the video above yet?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yep.. this is fake.. they didn't have hi def wide screen format back in the 70's! The standard back then was 4:3 and this video is wide screen 16:9.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I would expect to see more reflections on the inside of the window if it were real footage. You can tell the frame of the window is well let from the inside, so why aren't there reflections of interior objects on the glass?

Seems too easy to fake.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveThisWorld

I am not a liar. The evidence is right here in this thread even if you totally disregard the youtube post. Check back to page 3 and the pictures posted; they show what images were sourced for this video.

I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I just feel that continuing to believe in something that is undeniably fake is a waste of mental energy. Whose to say what that mental energy could be directed to but its certainly wasted on this subject.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I can tell this is a fake. Mars is to large to be filmed whole. I doubt sunlight will be that bright by Mars.

This is a brilliant observation, it's a shame it's as far from the truth as possible. There is no such logic, specially when you don't know the distances involved.

And you doubt the sunlight would be that strong?

Please.... vacuum + sun + no lens filter = clipped white for sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
He is now removing comments, obviously the video should be flagged for plagiarism.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join