It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars... Does this prove we have already been!?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

I'm calling Fake, nice but fake.

The colour temperature is pretty different between the planet and the module.
The camera aperture isn't behaving as expected either...

Is there a link to the original?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
too funny.. here' TFH's response to this thread

b

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Lol @ people still debating its authenticity..

Guess some things will never change.

On another note, very nice hoax, i was almost sold...till i did a little "reading"

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
its really simple. the reason they wont tell the general public is because they dont want to admit to the world that theres a space race going on.

technologically wise, of course.

however i think the possibility of this video being fake is there.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
darkmaninperth fellow poster we have to think outside the box or in this case hoax. I did say I was on the fence on this. I know what "I want" this video to be. you know, we can even agree to disagree, but we do have one thing in common we both "want to believe". but I believe its not about what the video is. but what it represents that matters. like you believe it's a hoax, fair enough. but there are questions to be asked if it is a hoax. why was the video made? why was it leaked in russia? why mars? but if it does turn out to be true then nasa has alot of questions they must answer either way they have to address this.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I can tell this is a fake. Mars is to large to be filmed whole. I doubt sunlight will be that bright by Mars.

Looks like I was right. It was a hoax. .

[sarcasm]Yes, your logic is infallible. [/sarcasm]

Noise is noise, it ain't right or wrong... just noisy.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
but there are questions to be asked if it is a hoax. why was the video made?

To point out just how gullible and stupid some people are. To show how many people are so blinded by their beliefs and desires that common sense eludes them.

why was it leaked in russia? why mars?

That's what someone said - they lifted it from some russian website. I doubt that. The backstory just adds to the mystery and atmos that the hoaxer wanted for the vid. And Mars was used perhaps because it was the easiest for him to use or because it fit the story surrounding it - it sounds so "conspiracy theory" that man has been to Mars. We've done the Moon - but not Mars. Oh wait - secret vid...

The whole point of the hoax was to ultimately fool people and in the same light, show how bad people are at questioning the obvious. Sure, technology is making it easier to fool people are it's available to more and more people.

But that should only make you, the viewer, more cautious of the material presented as "proof" or "fact" when logic and common sense dictate otherwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Well this video is quite interesting.

I saw quite a few anamolies throughout it, still on the fence about authenticity.

But this was highly interesting, I swore I saw someone in the flash around :32.

Lo and behold, holy cosmonaut batman....

EDIT:

I don't know if this picture is good enough to make out details of the craft, or the identity of the person in the picture. But if so it should go a long way in proving/disproving this claim.

[edit on 6/30/2010 by ThaLoccster]

If you ask me it kinda reminds me of a scene from the movie, 'Alien'. I was thinking if this is fabricated maybe this was meant to be an amateur sci-fi movie project. I don't know.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This thread has seriously damaged any pretence at credibility that the ATS forum users had, collectively.

Individually, as always, there are some intelligent, incisive and educated posts that got to the nub of the matter in quick-smart time.

Also, as always, there are the usual huge amount of ignorant, wasteful and pointless posts created by people who can't even be bothered to read 4 pages of a thread before adding their "wow"s, "ooh"s and "aaaah"s.

This thread serves only one useful purpose now that the origin has been definitively established (which had happened conclusively by page 4), and that is to show how easily footage can be faked. No other form of "evidence" will ever make it onto this site, and we should all be aware that none of it can be trusted. It should NOT be viewed as an excuse to expound paranoid, unrealistic and illogical theories.

Deny ignorance, or display it at every given opportunity?

Please, ATS, show some of the intelligence and restraint that initially attracted me to these boards.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

darkmaninperth fellow poster we have to think outside the box or in this case hoax. I did say I was on the fence on this. I know what "I want" this video to be. you know, we can even agree to disagree, but we do have one thing in common we both "want to believe". but I believe its not about what the video is. but what it represents that matters. like you believe it's a hoax, fair enough. but there are questions to be asked if it is a hoax. why was the video made? why was it leaked in russia? why mars? but if it does turn out to be true then nasa has alot of questions they must answer either way they have to address this.

i honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry....... i must have missed the parts on the A.T.S sign up form where it said : "you must be ready to suspend all logic, disbelief and common sense"
"you must be ready to believe absolutely anything no matter how crazy"
"you must ignore any proof of a hoax and come up with an even more insane theory to prove to yourself that its real"
"you must believe that anything proven to be a hoax is just disinfo to hide an even bigger and more unbelievable fantasy"

thanks

rich

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Go to page 4 and read the posts there, it's fake. A hoax.

Why this thread is on the front page is a mystery to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is real. Wow. Really amazing footage. This could be the big one, guys.

Just kidding.

Why don't people read threads before making asses of themselves pondering over the authenticity of a proven hoax?

It's brilliantly-done though and The Faking Hoaxer should be (and probably is) working in Hollywood. Check out his exploded Space Shuttle footage, it's breathtakingly-real.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I can tell this is a fake. Mars is to large to be filmed whole. I doubt sunlight will be that bright by Mars.

Earth is way bigger than Mars, yet we have managed to film Earth whole easily...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
OK, having read through the thread, it's a confirmed hoax.

Having said that, it's a good one, but there was something not quite right about it to convince me it was real.

Did video cameras in the 70's even have the zoom and auto focus capabilities shown in this video? Compared to the footage taken only a few years earlier on the Apollo missions, there seems to have been a great leap in videography tech.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

at 1:45 that is victoria crater, funny it looks alot the image you see on google earth, almost exactly..... hmmm

gotta say its pretty high quality video for 1970's standards

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Good God Almighty! How we get suckered and fall for such obvious hoaxes hook line and sinker!

Other than it being a part of the destiny module of the ISS, it is clear that the crater on Mars called Victoria has been superimposed as seen through a porthole.

Here's the ISS Destiny module. Notice the resemblance with what's shown in the vid?? Of course, because it IS the Destiny module!!

Wikimedia

And here's Victoria crater taken by MRO that's been pinched straight from the NASA/JPL web site and added into the vid!!

The video grab....

And Victoria Crater from the NASA/JPL website...

Source: NASA/JPL

Oh man! This really sucks! Thank God this thread has been shoved into the Hoax forum!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Holy crap how is this thread still going? What happened to denying ignorance? How can you guys deny ignorance if you can't even be bothered to read past the first post?

Show a little respect and read the threads before replying the first thing that your brains can think of, you just make yourselves look stupid.

And those videos are damn impressive, It's incredible the stuff you can do with a modern PC, although one of my gripes with his videos is the constant camera movements and exposure variations. But I still have mad respect for him, his stuff is just amazing.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

mars too large?

your wrong

earth is bigger and can be photographed whole from the moon.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What a sad day for ATS

There are a number of people here who have let the good members of ATS down by failing the most simplest of tasks.....READING

It's no wonder we are considered lunatics by some people.

Here is what the original maker of the video thinks of ATS.

And here is some of the feedback he has gotten since this hoax was perpetrated.

# Thesterness 35 minutes ago Please tell me those people are just kidding >_< If not, then that's just sad.

# Klitzagoo 46 minutes ago Well no wonder you managed to fool them, your videos are epic. That, and a bit of collective stupidity. Ok, maybe not just a bit. =P

MrProFail 2 hours ago thats the most dumb group of people I have ever seen.

# itsabomberscope 5 hours ago LOL, i see what you mean. If only they had done some basic investigation

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

your best reason for callin it fake is that they didnt land?
who goes there not to land?
someone who hasnt figured out how to make it back, thats who.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join