It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you consider yourself Intelligent? I thought I did...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

I very much enjoyed your vent.

However my experience is that the most interesting debates follow after I just throw something out.

I do apologize for stepping on your toes.

Your little lesson about going into a debate will also be remembered, as nobody ever tried to teach me anything, and at the same time let me eat dust.

I will honor your lesson the next time I reply to one of your posts. Deal ?

Edit : I don't really know anything about everything, I try my best to learn.

[edit on 6/30/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
"I would rather die standing than live on my knees!"- Emiliano Zapata

OP, I got what you said. I haven't read the ADL report yet but I don't have to to have a good idea what's in it. I've read a lot of Doc Velocitys' posts and consider him fair and temperate.

The point here isn't about anything other than free speech and whether I or anyone else for that matter intends to be cowed into silent submission. So long as the mods and brother Bill don't have a problem with thoughtfully discussing current events, taboo though they be, I could care less what Abe Foxman or Morris Dees thinks about squat.

You have to remember that they make their money finding all sorts of scary things behind every bush and tree. Foxman makes nearly three quarters of a million dollars a year personally and the ADL takes in around $50 million a year. God only knows how much Dees and the SPLC rake in. Without the ability to incite fear, without the ability to turn mole hills into mountains and to sound the alarm at every twitch they'd have to go out and get real jobs.

Tossing the likes of Doc Velocity et al into the "hate" pot makes for some pretty thin soup and it looks like the Shut Your Mouth guys are getting a little desperate for someone to skewer. That the alphabet agencies are here is a given but just as nonsensical.

It bears noting again, this is a money maker for all concerned. Bigger budgets, more donations, promotions- hell- this looks to me like the only part of the economy that's thriving. With these guys being some of the last remaining people with jobs we should encourage rapid expansion. Maybe we can all go on the payroll to rat on and point the hate finger at each other.

I'm not retarded nor am I insane or necessarily stupid. I simply have a problem being muzzled and told what to think.

I don't know about you but I don't say much I can't back up with facts. I'll be damned if I'm muzzled for addressing the facts or having an opinion (however unpopular) as to what they mean. ATS has amazed me with their stand on free speech which makes me more supportive than ever. I don't mind if they make a buck. I hope they make lots of bucks. I think that anyone who supports free speech should get a reward.

Do as you choose people but if the trade off here is to sell my soul to avoid the ire of some of the craziest whack jobs on the planet it ain't gonna happen. As for lists, I imagine King George had his and most of the men we call the founding fathers were on it. Kind of gives you that "failure is not an option" sense of mission.

Thanks Bill and ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've always found that as long as people are still venting, then the threat of a blowout is still being contained. It's when they stop venting that the pressure builds. These forums are the best thing for maintaining status quo. You blast off with 16 pt caps and cut and paste and make your public stand, and then you feel a lot better. Then you're good for a few hours, days, maybe a week. Then it builds again, and then you blast off again. But at least you blast off and the pressure vents.

This is why the endless debate over the 9/11 murder event will someday reassign the whole thing to the JFK, Roswell, Illuminati shelf of parlor games, and only be a series of Trivial Pursuit questions for our kids. The pressure vents, and then we all go back to work on the important, real stuff of life. Bills, family, Reality TV, dwindling future.

If the ADL and the NSA and the FBI and the CIA are monitoring this site, it's to make note of who they DON'T have to worry about. The real threat isn't here. The real threat lurks and then squirrels off to get things ready. No one knows that better than those three letter organizations that you guys freak out about.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I really don't know much about anything either Klaas . I sometimes come off as arrogant and I know that is Bad trait. I am sorry I handled my replies so harsh and compassion

top topics

<< 1   >>

join