It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex sends oil onto Gulf roads, beaches

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Bonnie?

Forming too close to the shore...

Probably will just be a weak tropical storm.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Bonnie?

Forming too close to the shore...

Probably will just be a weak tropical storm.

WOW! I've been watching that Radar image for 3 days, because I ride a motorcycle and I live in Tallahassee. It moved off shore as a frontal system that came through last week, then it stalled just over the coastline, and now it is a low pressure system? Bonnie? Unreal!

At least from that location, the prevailing winds will move the oil South West and away from the Florida Beaches. Sorry Texas and Mexico, we want to share for a little while.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
just saw that alex caused some pretty heavy flooding in mexico
2 confirmed dead
military involment
but dont c anything on ats
anybody?/
i saw massive flooding of wat looked like oil
a short clip heck lets post it
www.telegraaf.nl...,1?sn=video_buitenland
and please dont tell me the link doesnt work
anybody in that area can confirm please?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by icecold7]it also says thousands had to be evacuated,power went down imn multiple areas,the army was preventin looting
looks prety messed up
its in a dutch newspaper by the way

also this was like 4 days ago
any news on that is there oil in that water
this cant be good
and it can only get worse

[edit on 4-7-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Give me a friggin' break with this anecdotal "news" reportage.

Oh, yeah, it's ARMAGEDDON...

In Alabama, the normally white sand was streaked with long lines of oil. One swath of beach 40 feet wide was stained brown and mottled with globs of oil matted together.

WOW! A "swath" of beach an incredible 40 FEET WIDE!

Why, that's the length of two full-size cars parked bumper to bumper! On a beach that is thousands of miles in length.

Yet this is the only measurement mentioned in the story as "proof" of the widespread oil leak. Forty fekking feet is the best they can do in this "news" story, just like a handful of dead marine life is the best they can do.

People, a typical (and completely natural) Red Tide is a million times as destructive, a million times as deadly as the WORST descriptions of this oil leak.

Yeah, there's a conspiracy, alright, and there's a coverup... They want you to believe it's a catastrophe when it ISN'T.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Doc, I think you are insanely optimistic, but I think I am starting to like it..

What the hell, until it washes up on my front door, or a sea turtle knocks on the door looking for a place to stay, I will just "decide" that it isn't happening.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Doc, I think you are insanely optimistic, but I think I am starting to like it..

The thing is, I'm not just saying this to be trollish, I'm not merely playing the devil's advocate. I'm being realistic.

Seriously, I have not seen the evidence of a catastrophic oil leak. I've seen evidence of a relatively average oil spill, but that's it. The photographic evidence and anecdotal news coverage is weak-assed compared to, say, the Exxon Valdez incident. So, I'm inclined to think, based on the actual evidence, that this Deepwater Horizon incident is "business-as-usual" for the oil industry, but it's being USED as a poster child for Cap & Trade, Carbon Taxation, and every goddamned thing else that this administration wants to put on the fast track for legislation.

Hell, if Obama could prove that BP was responsible for the illegal alien problem, too, the stupid liberals would be in heaven.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Well, I know I've said it plenty of places that you have read but I will say it one more time. This isn't a "spill." The damage is not floating on top of the water for good tv. The damage is 1 mile below the surface where nothing floats. It dies, it sinks, it doesn't make good tv.

Or,

Maybe you are right, who knows? I know that you are not trolling, and that you truly believe your point of view, and honestly I really do like that!
It gives me hope. I still think it is insanely optimistic, but it gives me hope!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join