It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex sends oil onto Gulf roads, beaches

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If there is anyone in Orlando reading this, can you please let me know how things are there Hurricane wise, my girlfriend is there and is due to fly up to New York tomorrow then back home to Edinburgh. I`m trying to find as much as I can on this.

I`m scared about the gases etc...

I`m probably being over anxious but I`m actually pretty scared so can someone either out my mind at rest or tell me how it is.

THanks

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
anyone?? Im pretty restless here

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MacSen191

I was in Orlando yesterday and it is just fine...was in Tampa today...fine...Clearwater is fine...beaches are beautiful and clean...no ailments, no bad air, all of this talk of sore throats and gas pains is paranoid and not related to the Deepwater Disaster. It is hundreds of miles away from Orlando and Clearwater...please come to the beach and relax and enjoy...the gulf stream current prevents the oil from hitting our shores. Another thing you will see in Clearwater-hundreds of healthy beautiful birds and dolphins. All of this doomsday talk is really hurting our tourism and I do not appreciate it, because things here are truly beautiful.

The gulf currents also prevent any toxic gasses from collecting, the sea breeze keeps any emissions dispersed.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

You have nothing to worry about...I live here in Florida and was in Orlando yesterday...it was a perfect June day. Some rain today...which is very good. The air is great! No worries.

Hotels in Clearwater Beach are sold out for our 4th of July celebration...life here is completely normal with no worries.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
reply to post by psilo simon

You have nothing to worry about...I live here in Florida and was in Orlando yesterday...it was a perfect June day. Some rain today...which is very good. The air is great! No worries.

Hotels in Clearwater Beach are sold out for our 4th of July celebration...life here is completely normal with no worries.

Phew, thanks.

Hey if you see her tell I miss her, she called Lisa, you`ll not miss the Scots accent, hahahaha.

Nah, thanks for that mate, it`s made me feel better, also means I can leave my refresh buton alone now and get to sleep.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Now I wouldn't doubt that 2012 is the end of the world, look at all this were doing to earth!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Now I wouldn't doubt that 2012 is the end of the world, look at all this were doing to earth!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
realitycheck.no-ip.info...

On the feeds the "top hat" is bouncing up and down right now. It's gotta be way too deep for hurricane surge to be bouncing it, so something else must be going on down there at the moment.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was watching a clip of a Diane Sawyer story the other night and it was concerning the oil cleanup. Near the end of the clip the on scene reporter made a comment something like "...and experts are hoping that a few storms this season will help to disperse the oil and make cleaning up the gulf a little easier..."

What a jackhole. A storm will disperse it alright, right into the back yards of inland people.

The interview also showed the increasing waves crashing over the sandbag walls of the barrier islands and beaching the barrier buoys. A USCG member made a comment concerning how long it would take to clean up "...forever, we will never get this cleaned up..." He was not very optimistic.

I just hope the meteorologists are wrong and we have a mild storm season.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Negotium of Verum
Indeed it is. I am on the East coast of Florida, in a city called Jacksonville, and My throat has been a little sore for three days now, and my allergies are giving me grief. That never happens this time of year. Several friends and relatives are going through the same thing too!

If a Hurricane passes right over the oil in the gulf, it's outer bands will sling that crap in all directions. I know. If that were to happen, Jacksonville could be within the outer bands, and thus effected by it.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
I am going through the smae symptoms in KY. Ike made it up here, in the air, could this oil spill reach this far in (effects of the dispersants)?

I do not even know how to find this information out.

Can anyone shed some light on my concerns?

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Is anyone from Miami or has anyone been in contact with someone in Miami recently? My son is driving cross country and will be there tomorrow or the next day. I'm wondering if anyone is having health issues there. Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I know this is a little off topic, but a lot of people have been saying lately 'like we need a hurricane on top of this oil mess.'

But recently it got me thinking that Mother Nature is fighting back for her seas that we've just polluted. I'm not saying any of us deserve to become sick because of this hurricane...I'm just thinking of all the things we as humans have done to Mother Nature. Carved roads into her hills, spilt blood over her land, and now poisoned her with oil...I'm making *her* sound so animated..but hey it's like nature's defense system..against us.
Anyway...

I have family down in St. Augustine and some of them have been sick with respiratory problems...sounds very minor but from what I understand they aren't very suspicious of anything... but I'm glad we'll be able to track/hear results of how damaging this oil hurricane can be to our health. Please keep in good health guys!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by fizliz]

[edit on 1-7-2010 by fizliz]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LookingIn
realitycheck.no-ip.info...

On the feeds the "top hat" is bouncing up and down right now. It's gotta be way too deep for hurricane surge to be bouncing it, so something else must be going on down there at the moment.

I saw it bouncing when I looked at the feed earlier at 5:00pm pacific. What is going on with the top hat?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Oh come on, I'm friggin tired of this BS. Not everyone that cleaned up the Exxon mess is dead! I'm right here, and so are a lot of people that participated. Yes many walked away with what was termed "the Valdeze crud", persistent cough similar to black lung, but not everyone, I was lucky enough to wear a gas mask, and swear by it. Those who didn't wear masks, not so lucky.
It's the constant, "THEY'RE ALL DEAD" BS that has me frustrated.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12

I would not like to see lightening hit a concentrated cloud of gas or fumes.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking how lightning can set the woods on fire during a storm, so... what about gas-enhanced lightning?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by new_here
What about lightning in this situation? Can the oil-air catch on fire and rain fire down upon us? Someone please tell me how this is completely ludicrous. I wish to have my persistent thought debunked.

Completely Ludicrous.

Really it is though. There are plenty of terrible scenarios, and some of them even have the Gulf Exploding into tsunamis and fireballs, but none of them have fire rain falling upon us.

Yes, the oil and gasses will be in the air, and the rain will bring them down, but not in enough concentration to be flammable. Even if there were flammable, if they are amongst a rain storm, then they aren't going to have the potential energy to stay lit. Water is a very, very good fire retardent. It takes a lot of energy to heat up water, and a little oil and gas won't be able to stay lit if it is mixed into a rain storm.

I want you to be right, oh man do I want you to be right! (Are you by chance a scientist who has studies gassy lightning storms?)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrDragonfly
I am living on the other end of the globe but I am very concerned about the hurricane and oil scenario...

Yeah, you & me both... I live in the western part of South Carolina, we get our storm systems from the gulf. I think we can all agree we are looking at an unprecedented hurricane event. At least in terms of recorded history. The jury's still out on what is to come, even towards 'my neck o' the woods!'

To me it sounds very dangerous and I'm a bit surprised that news stations aren't reporting more on this.. Where are all the "experts" talking about this on television? Isn't anybody in the government worried about this?

Apparently not OUR government. I learn more about what's going on from OTHER countries' reports on the situation. Sad, but true.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by new_here
What about lightning in this situation? Can the oil-air catch on fire and rain fire down upon us? Someone please tell me how this is completely ludicrous. I wish to have my persistent thought debunked.

Completely Ludicrous.

Really it is though. There are plenty of terrible scenarios, and some of them even have the Gulf Exploding into tsunamis and fireballs, but none of them have fire rain falling upon us.

Yes, the oil and gasses will be in the air, and the rain will bring them down, but not in enough concentration to be flammable. Even if there were flammable, if they are amongst a rain storm, then they aren't going to have the potential energy to stay lit. Water is a very, very good fire retardent. It takes a lot of energy to heat up water, and a little oil and gas won't be able to stay lit if it is mixed into a rain storm.

In all likelihood, the storms are a good thing. Not good for the marshes or wildlife, but good for breaking down the oil, and good for dislodging the dissolved methane.

If the Relief Wells work, all will be significantly fixed by natural processes in a few years. They better work!

I saw this the other day at youtube, water from a tap (fawcet) going up in flames,this may surprise you,,,,www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by stmichael]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
An article about hurricanes and lightning.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Not only is it time to batten down the hatches.
It is time to consider going to your bug out site!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join