It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul for 2012!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Seriously this guy is the only patriot I've seen speak since Clinton (IMO). We as Americans need this guy in office! He is the real change Obama promised and has the gall to do it too!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Why do you think he went to Iowa this week. After the 2010 mid terms he will start ramping up his 2012 run.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I remember him saying that he wasn't going to try again, but maybe he has changed/will change his mind?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not like a good POTUS can make up for a garbage Congress or biased SCOTUS anyway.

The best he could do is appoint some real liberty minded folks wherever he can and veto just about everything that hits his desk.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
His cabinet should consist of Kinky Friedman, Jesse Ventura, Brian Schweitzer and Jon Stewart.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Several key points:

1. He hasn't got the money.
  2. He's 74 years old.
  3. He would get miserable share of votes. Mostly for being "liberal" and conservative.
  4. He almost never agrees with either of two main parties. That confuses people and makes him look like a nut job.
  5. Even those that doubt other candidates won't vote for him simply for knowing he won't win.
  6. World will end in 2012... I mean doh, haven't you heard?

Personally I'd estimate far more people would vote for Sarah Pain.

As for the power of da prez? I agree with others, not much but he'd gain a lot of influence and would save tax dollars on teleprompters. He could shape your history simply by having more people listen. He also doesn't have much to lose so it would be extremely difficult for those behind to curtains to make this man a puppet.... That's just my opinion.

[edit on 30/6/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The only confusing thing about Ron Paul's views are that he is consistently principled and grounded in the constitution. Since he is a politician, Ripley's Believe It or Not has been looking into doing a piece on him about this.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
Several key points:

1. He hasn't got the money.
  2. He's 74 years old.
  3. He would get miserable share of votes. Mostly for being "liberal" and conservative.
  4. He almost never agrees with either of two main parties. That confuses people and makes him look like a nut job.
  5. Even those that doubt other candidates won't vote for him simply for knowing he won't win.
  6. World will end in 2012... I mean doh, haven't you heard?

As for the power of da prez? I agree with others, not much but he'd gain a lot of influence and would save tax dollars on teleprompters. He could shape your history simply by having more people listen. He also doesn't have much to lose so it would be extremely difficult for those behind to curtains to make this man a puppet.... That's just my opinion.

Personally my serbian freind this nut job was the only person standing for yugoslavia durning the time of the war, he was the only voice for your people and your calling him nuts?

Sarah Pain
are you crazy or something? she is for the new world order not mention her lobbities freinds are the Albanian American Civic League take a look at her records, if you dont believe me.

He would get miserable share of votes. Mostly for being "liberal" and conservative.

He isnt liberal nor conservative you got that wrong

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If he goes independant but if not then jesse ventura all the way.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by robbinsj]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He was strong armed out of the last race and actually was ALWAYS a top candidate for the popular vote. Tell that to me again .... no one will vote for him? He IS the party's serious contender and if there were less ignorant people , he would have his name written in.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
LO CIETO!

[edit on 30-6-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You guys do know voting is Irrelevant right?

It puts you into the system when you register, giving you jury duty as well.

I do not vote for a system I have no say in anyways.

I am sure Ron Paul is a great guy, but he wont be put in office.

Just my thoughts.

Edited to add: Like the Architect in the Matrix said, The Matrix provides only an illusion of choice.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Quickfix]

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Why does the label he runs for effect his views and worth to the country? If he would run as a "circle" would it make you happy? It is not the party it is the PERSON and his ideals and humility to the people.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ron Paul would be the best president this country has had since Reagan. He'd respect the constitution and fight hard to end the Federal Reserve which our founding fathers would never have allowed. With Peter Schiff as his running mate we'd be in the fast lane to recovering our economy and prosperity.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by linux2216
Ron Paul would be the best president this country has had since Reagan. He'd respect the constitution and fight hard to end the Federal Reserve which our founding fathers would never have allowed. With Peter Schiff as his running mate we'd be in the fast lane to recovering our economy and prosperity.

Peter Schiff should have Geithner's job.

Ron Paul should be the president.

I'd say Schiff should have Bernanke's job, but the Fed itself should be shut down and dismantled.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Best President since Reagan ? Puh-leeze . Reagan was a crook who lied to the people . Dr. Paul will be the best President EVER ! Saying that He'll get no votes when He is winning every poll right now is just stupid . He isn't even running yet . Palin couldn't get half of the votes He will get . I want Him to run 3rd Party but I will vote for Him again whatever party He hangs His hat on . He is the ONLY one who can save this country . If having sound constitutional policies is nuts then , we ALL should be nuts .

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ron's a cool guy but way too old to ever run for much less me ever vote for now.

maybe his son, but Ron's done and over with

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You got me wrong. Ron is the only politician in the world I actually really ever agreed with. I was stating my thoughts about public perception, not my perception. So to make it clear, I myself definitely do not think he's nuts, if he is then I'm nuts as well.

But he is fighting for last 25 years (at very least) to reach public, and failed - that is why I think he won't win now. He's there talking his common sense before I was born.

Sorry for being unclear.

And yes he is considered [very] conservative and liberal
. Lately not being a warmonger and respecting constitution makes you conservative or even a terrorist.

And I was joking about Sarah Pain
, I only said that for comparison, to show how little support he'll get.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
His cabinet should consist of Kinky Friedman, Jesse Ventura, Brian Schweitzer and Jon Stewart.

Not sure if that is sincere or sarcasm but Stewart would present a problem. He does not exactly agree with Ron Paul's ideas that we need to return to being a Christian nation.

That being said, he says a lot of really nice things. When he is on the radio, he makes sense when he answers questions. It is quite pleasant. Unfortunately when it comes to real issues and his political ideology, he is kind of nuts.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
He wont win, again. I agree with prolly 90% of what Ive heard from him but since he just batters the FED constantly along with the FBI and CIA people believe that once he gets into power he would just shut em all down instantly which we all know would probably cause more grief in the short run then the long run...alot of grief in the short run. Just wont happen but like somebody said, maybe his son one of these days.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join