It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor testing drug to 'prevent' lesbianism, interest in 'male careers'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Doctor testing drug to 'prevent' lesbianism, interest in 'male careers'

rawstory.com

In another paper entitled “What Causes Low Rates of Child-Bearing in Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia?” Meyer-Bahlburg writes that “CAH women as a group have a lower interest than controls in getting married and performing the traditional child-care/housewife role. As children, they show an unusually low interest in engaging in maternal play with baby dolls, and their interest in caring for infants, the frequency of daydreams or fantasies of pregnancy and motherhood, or the expressed wish of experiencing pregnancy and having children of their own appear to be relatively low in all age groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-6-2010 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well, here's a different story.

While I'm not entirely convinced that this 'treatment' is as nefarious and twisted as this article seems to infer, it does raise some questions for me...

Is this interfering with the natural genetic homeostasis of the population? Nature's order? Or manipulating it into a more balanced and "normal" flow of what is considered to be "healthy"? And if so, by whom's standards?

Hmmmm...

Please discuss pro's and cons of this people...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

All humans start off a blank slate. Several events in the womb, and some would argue, outside, cause biochemical balances to be developed which define the adult.

The blank slate has written onto it several different preferences in many different areas which ultimately define the adult person.

So altering these chemicals with a drug would obviously alter the ending adult personality.

Humans have not changed in 50,000 years biologically. But we have changed socially and in many other ways. Reason is simple. We changed our environment. That changed the specific strain of chemicals that control the brain and personality. Ergo, we changed.

I recall a friend in chemistry or something doing research discovering that the number of these chemicals far outweighs the number of humans ever born. Ergo, each human to ever have existed has been an individual with different sets of these chemicals. No two brains are alike yet.

It's kind of like IP numbers for the brain.

Anywho, back on topic, makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Excuse me a moment while I punch an effigy of this guy.

Ahem, back to the point. He wants to "cure" lesbianism and women's interest in "male" careers... so that the women afflicted will bear more children? If he wants to cull that portion of the female population, aren't low child-bearing rates going to do that on their own anyway?

-- And after reading the article itself, the story is even more absurd. It's not even about homophobia or that variety of sexism... He's actively treating female fetuses and their mothers as nothing more than test subjects without safeguards. Forget the effigy, this guy's getting a real beating.

(Plus, what's wrong with ambiguous genitalia?)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
How does care-taking have anything to do with being a woman and not wanting some penis? Seems to be a bit sexist.... why not just make a drug for men that makes them want to be nurtured more.... Sure bet to cure homosexuals by this guys standards!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
"“Gender-related behaviors, namely childhood play, peer association, career and leisure time preferences in adolescence and adulthood, maternalism, aggression, and sexual orientation become masculinized in 46,XX girls and women with 21OHD deficiency [CAH]. These abnormalities have been attributed to the effects of excessive prenatal androgen levels on the sexual differentiation of the brain and later on behavior.” Nimkarn and New continue: “We anticipate that prenatal dexamethasone therapy will reduce the well-documented behavioral masculinization...”

Gender related behaviour :bnghd:
There is no such thing!! I am a totally normal heterosexual woman, with no interest in babies other than my own (he was so Perfect), never played with dolls, likes men, tools and trucks, used to climb every tree I could find. Hate dresses, high heels, and makeup (never needed it, enough guys hit on me to know that), and I am very happily married. The guys I know that are stuck with girly girls, well their wives drive them crazy, not in a good way. According to this "doctor" my behaviour is abnormal. :shk:

It sounds like they are planning uses for this drug prenatally. Are they going to do a amnio for every pregnancy, or just give it to every woman when pregnant. I am horrified at the results already. How many helpless, ultrafeminin, can't break a nail types of women would we end up with. Will they still be able to think for themselves?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
if this is distilled to its base elements. the drug is meant to force people to be a certain way. it is rape without consent. humans aren't exactly going extinct either.

i think that homosexuality is wrong, but i also believe that everyone has the right to pursue whatever lifestyle takes their fancy, and taking that choice away is wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Will they still be able to think for themselves?

Probably, the problem is we don't really know exactly what drives personality. Is it purely biological? Is it simply one's surroundings? It's hard to say. He might do this and still end up with lesbians.

This is a rather stupid thing to attempt to treat though. The rate of homosexuality isn't high in society to begin with. Even if it was high I don't see the issue to be treated. It doesn't cause any serious harm for most people (beyond the whole anguish of social norms, being stuck in the closet, daddy hates me issues)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ah.....chemical version of a Stepford Wife. Wonderful. I was always a "tomboy" growing up. Like the poster above, hate dresses, high heels, and even bras for gosh sakes (not well enough endowed... LOL) I do, however, have 3 great children - a girly-girl daughter and 2 all-boy boys.

I will say this: I am a DES child! (Wikipedia link ) (DES History) I know first hand of the issues with chemically altering fetuses. My mother died of cancer when I was a child. I've had to be screened since I was 9. I was on bedrest during pregnancy for all 3 of my children due to cervical changes. Anything messing with the natural development of babies should be stopped!

[edit on 6/30/2010 by Lolliek]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
No way in hell would I let a doctor prick my unborn fetus with this stuff. Altering their sexual preference in the womb? Making sure the baby isn't too "masculine" in nature? Yeah, because God forbid a woman should look beyond their narrow views of what a "real woman" is.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm confused. I played with babydolls when I was a little girl. I also helped raise my younger siblings and got married and had kids at a young age. My occupation? I'm a retired U.S. Navy vet and a licensed A&P mechanic and I'm not a lesbian.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

You sound like my kinda woman and I wish there were more like you!

I hate "girly girls", they drive me nuts with their inane drivel. My wife is first and foremost my best friend. We do loads of fun stuff together, including assault courses, motorbike ralleys, down to a simple pint or 2 in the pub (yes, she drinks pints and I think that's great!). Even though she's a bit of a bloke, she is also quite feminine when she wants to be and gorgeous and also given me a gorgeous daughter, although she's too young to properly tell how she's going to be, but I don't really care whether she grows up to be a tomboy, girly-girl or full blown lezza to be honest!

I agree there is no such thing as gender related behaviour and many men, like myself prefer a "tomboy", they're far more fun!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It seems like this is less about homosexuality and more about

dealing with the percieved threat of powerful women. TPTB

have manipulated religions and politics for thousands of years

to make sure women stayed in their "rightful places" at home

with the children, serving their husbands. Now that we are

experiencing more freedom than ever they want to "nip it in

the budd," so to speak, dealing with this threat before a child

is even born and ensuring that little girls will grow up playing

with babies and dreaming of getting married.

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SO AFRAID OF? Thats what I'd like

to know.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
im sorry can someone check their calendar mine says 2010 though by this article id say its around 1950.

god now im a defect.
i my self hate anything girly, makeup heels dresses yuk
my main choice of toys as a kid where cars and dinosaurs much to my mothers discust.
all the dolls stuff i was brought was firmly town in the corner.
i loved climbing trees and getting dirty.
i hate cooking cleaning and anything domestic and hate kids and never ever want any.
well better lock me up with all the other defect women so we dont infect the next generation.

seriously i thought this kind of thing was dieing out.
are we going to inject young boys next if they start playing with dolls instead of trucks or enjoy playing with a toy hoover or kitchen

where does it end

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

You sound like a very smart man, with a really good wife.
I don't know what these "doctors" are trying to invent, there is nothing wrong with the way nature makes us.

Being best friends with our spouses is what makes a good marriage. That means having stuff in common.

Maybe these girly girls they want to have more of would do good with a highly metrosexual man, as long as there are enough mirrors and bathrooms in the house.
I wonder if they'll come up with a drug for that too, to turn metros back into manly men

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All I have to say is that my mother is a lesbian, and that doctor shouldn't ever come close the the Netherlands. Cause my fist will be waiting.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by nik1halo

You sound like a very smart man, with a really good wife.
I don't know what these "doctors" are trying to invent, there is nothing wrong with the way nature makes us.

Being best friends with our spouses is what makes a good marriage. That means having stuff in common.

Maybe these girly girls they want to have more of would do good with a highly metrosexual man, as long as there are enough mirrors and bathrooms in the house.
I wonder if they'll come up with a drug for that too, to turn metros back into manly men

How about they take some of this technology and use it to cure

peodofiles. Hey, they could start at the Vatican, and work their

way down...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

That's a much better use for this type of stuff.
We'll start with what's wrong with the world, instead of screwing with what is already fine.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
another idea here why are they so concerned about women not wanting children what about men.
there are people out there that dont go gooy over ickle babies

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thank you.

You could turn the situation on it's head. I'm a big, hairy, heterosexual man, a body builder, I'm into heavy metal and motorbikes and I do like my tattoos and piercings. On the other hand, I hate comeptative sports, mainly football (the real one, not that American one where you don't use your feet and for some reason feel the need for body armour
), I love to cook, I can sew and knit, I do most of the housework, I definitely dote on our little girl more than my wife does, I'm an artist and musician and although I did play with cars etc as a kid, I often much preferred to pick up a pencil and draw or read a book.

So, given my wife has some male characteristics and I have some female characteristics, and we're both hetero, where exactly do you draw the line on Gender characteristics?

As for metrosexuals... well, they're just vanity personified IMO. I don't think there are enough mirrors or hair product in the world to sustain a girly-girl/metrosexual relationship, not since David and Victoria Beckham got together anyway!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join