It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I was browsing youtube when i noticed this video and i decided to give it a go,
this is quite enlightening as it agrees with alot of my ideas regarding the american way of war propaganda.

Enjoy

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
oh great more american bashing.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes, I agree with the notion that we are an imperialistic nation. I really feel that many Americans do not want to be however and many do not even know it. Crazy stuff .

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by proudcaptalist
oh great more american bashing.

Even being an american myself I understand where other counrties are coming from. Personally wish I was born...... on another planet. "sry could not think of another place that was remotly appealing"

But in the end I try not to take it personally as americans NEVER agreed to consented to anything others hate us for. Unfortunently the closed minded group all americans with the decisions of our retarded leaders. Yes people of the world the US gov is evil and yes they have an agenda of evil but please try to consider how much say you have in your own gov before linking us to our gov as you would not want to be linked with the elite in your own country.

After all Sadam was a very evil man, he used gases and evil tatics on the innocent but not one american blames and Iraq person for his doings.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by proudcaptalist

It is not bashing , and what you wrote is called Ad Hominem . Basically a fallacious argument. Why is it bashing?

If I wore a red shirt and someone called me a red shirt wearer, I would be like "you're right!" Same principle applies here.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Through my short lived life so far, I have found that for the most part everyone wants to be proud of their nation. Now that idea is not a bad idea because we all deserve to be proud of whatever nation we come from.

That being said, not everyone understands that whatever nation we live in is not our nation. Alas....it is the governments. They make laws for their nation and for their own profit. The citizenry around the world are pretty much the same. We just try to survive and hope that our masters might give us the scraps off of their dinner plates.

Think about it. When children are small we try to teach them to live in peace and not hit someone and don't steal....you know all the right things in life. Once they(we) become adults our government wants to put a weapon in our hand and have us kill some other citizen of the earth in the name of (insert word).

Things just don't make sense in this existence.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
reply to post by proudcaptalist

It is not bashing , and what you wrote is called Ad Hominem . Basically a fallacious argument. Why is it bashing?

If I wore a red shirt and someone called me a red shirt wearer, I would be like "you're right!" Same principle applies here.

that is definetly not an ad hominem attack. he didn't insult you, nor did he adress his reply to anyone. he merely expressed his disagreement with the "i hate america" sentiment that is prominent on these boards and elsewhere. you yourself commited a logical fallacy, by way of a strawman argument, creating a twisted effigy with his words so you could burn it and feel like you accomplished something.

furthermore, it isn't fair to lump americans together with the people in power. the only connection between 9/11 and terrorists was a passport that somehow survived the firey plane crash, and was found by a policeman. it later turned out that the man whose passsport it was, was still alive and well. obviously not on the plane. the only other one is a video of binladen on tape admiting to the crime, problem is, osama is left handed, the man in the video is right handed. this is why i disagree with our invasion of iraq, yet it still happened, and i am apparently hated for it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
Yes, I agree with the notion that we are an imperialistic nation. I really feel that many Americans do not want to be however and many do not even know it. Crazy stuff .

I hear this a lot and have heard it for years but strickly speaking the US is not a classic imperialistic nation. If they were in the past, say at the top of thier industrial era, they are no more. We have made to many accommodations and relinquished so much economically to be considered imperialistic.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacedman13

Well the last sentence of this flick....about expanding our humanity rather our military power...yea right. There are many that simply dont give a d#m about our "humanity". Like the rest of the world has been setting around singing ku by ya whiel the US sets over in the corner sharpening thier swords. Right.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Well give me one exsample of a country that has the need to fight other´s peoples battles like the US does. Im not saying that the rest of the world is perfect but from what i know there is no other country in the world that has a military that has to be "global".

Nothing has been gained by the wars that the US milatery has been involved in except the fall of hitler and that was a global effort not just the US.

The rest of the battles that have been waged have either been pointless or simply a way to gain a better economy for the country.

War promotes jobs for the country, and America is all for that.

Go on now,, disprove this post.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well two world wars and then the activities of the cold war era had much to do with the development of this posture for the US. In the world today why should the US just set around and wait untill half a continent is sacked before getting involved? We stoped doing that after WWII.

We all see how things shape up. Just look at all that Russian military equipment and now some Chines in the middle east. Now granted the Russians were not in Iraq, save for some advisors, but Iraq was flush with Russian equipment. Now do you think this was simply a result of Russian manufactures looking for a market? Do you think that the maufactures and sellers of the Hezballah rocket systems are embarrassed that their fingerprints ar all over that stuff?

There is more than a buyer/seller relationship going on there. Expecialy in arms trade. To sell is to is to enabel. And though some make money the moral and idealogical justifcations are not far behind on that level anyway. When Russia outfitted the foes of Israles durring several wars do you think they were just dumping weapons on the "market" for some cash? Do you suppose that China is spending and building a very large military because they have nothing better to do with their wealth?

The latest wars have not really helped the US economy in the classic fashion you mention.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Your right, things don't make sense.

That's because we have the Service to Self people running the planet.

And it's no longer "just America" - this is worldwide.

America just happens to be at the front of the line.

The entire planet is being run like one big corporation.

In the name of profit at all costs.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacedman13

Enjoy

This Highway of Death thing here and the Bush evil person. Its just amazing how this is spun back on the US by these agents.

What I see here is the burnt junk and loot of a criminal nation.....running when higher powers arive to end the sacking and plundering of thier neighbours.

Saddam went home and promptly killed half a million of his own countrymen durring the subsequent uprisings.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Blah blah blah. Listen, nations are just large gang territories and their citizens their gangsters. And THAT is why I'm for a One World Order, a natural world order.

You know what the real problem is? Our indoctrination, our programming.

I bring this up every once in a while to illustrate my point: Suppose you were born as an American citizen but you were swapped at birth with a baby belonging to a muslim extremist and raised as one. Now, what are the chances you would have grown up hating America and spouting "death to the infidels," hum? And conversely,what are the chances that muslim born baby would have grown up to be a USA flag waving infidel.

It's all in your programming. You see, instead of being a flag waving infidel, you would have turned out to be an infidel hater. So, you can see, you are not really being YOU, you are being that which you were raised and programmed to be, regardless of whether you were raised one way or another.

Ya see, THAT is the only difference between all of us on this planet .. it's OUR indoctrination, our programming. Those raised as a muslim love being a muslim simply because that was how they were programmed and raised to be, and the same with the infidels and the christians and whatever.

Now, knowing that few people are their TRUE selves, because they are just being that which they were raised and programmed to be by those that were raised and programmed to be the same way, and knowing that it really doesn't matter how everyone was programmed to be in order to be happy, wouldn't it be nice if everyone on this planet were raised and indoctrinated and programmed to be the same way?

This has nothing to do with nations/gangs, it has everything to do with your programming. You'll never know though who you really are while you are operating with that programming installed by others into you since birth until you deprogram yourselves and stop being a muslim or infidel or whatever you were designated to be. I deprogrammed myself about 14 years ago and I'm no longer on gangs side. I'm on natures side, as nature had intended. Everyone else though is just a programmed indoctrinated gangland loving gangster for whichever side they were all designated to be. It's how your overlords keep ya all at each others throats and playing hostile games.

Deprogram yourselves and free your mind and join the natural one world order and lets hang all the overlords.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

That is very true and very sad.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I see you have been programed to blame the "programers".

new topics

top topics

join