It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evacuation begun my source? cnn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

That is funny because I had the honor of having to drive around in the 4 hurricanes that hit west Fla. in 2005. I worked for a dredging company that had alot of equipment that was in the water at the time. I had the dubious task of making sure that everything was secure and that even meant driving in these storms. So it is possible that people have to drive in these storms for their jobs. I didn't enjoy it but it was something that had to be done for my employer and if asked to do it again I would not think twice about it. Also emrgency responders have to drive in these storms all he time. It is not impossible it is just a very tense experience.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

can u red mate

i wrote :looks like the VID is trying 2 tell us somthing THEN i wrote a toxic rain is coming . And i ask u again where di i say OIL

and thanks 4 making it clear 4 evryone that u are a disinfo agent with ur name:
Disraily u people make me sick

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think this article is related to Hurricane Alex....and yes there are voluntary evacuations that have been ADVISED for people in the So. Texas

This is not related to the BP Spill at all.

I would have to agree with others on this thread who have stated that The Title of this thread is sensational none sense. Don't cry wolf unless you see one......

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

ive seen more then one but u people refuse 2 do research all u can do is bitch
i hope u stay where u at and i hope it real close 2 the gulf

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7

and thanks 4 making it clear 4 evryone that u are a disinfo agent with ur name:
Disraily u people make me sick

Can you explain how my name proves this?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

gladly
why would u put derailing in ur name when were al here suppose 2 be having arguments that contribute somthing
also u keep putting words in my mout also a commen tactic among u people
i just put 2 and 2 together really

[edit on 30-6-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by realmatrix

ive seen more then one but u people refuse 2 do research all u can do is bitch
i hope u stay where u at and i hope it real close 2 the gulf

By the way ATS frowns on using texting shorthand in posts.

You might want to read the terms of service agreement.

As many people have pointed out to you, these evacuations are normal in any hurricane.

So wishing ill on people who live in hurricane zones and the Gulf of Mexico area, because you have misunderstood a article you can no longer source, written in specific relation to HURRICANE EVACUATIONS, and treating them rudely isn’t really going to make your argument any more persuasive.

Seems like the only disinformation agent is the person who misquoted and misunderstood the source article for the entire thread’s premise, it’s a hurricane which are often very serious events all by themselves.

Don’t be afraid to actually learn something about the world you live in while here on ATS!

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Bizarre duplicate post gremilin!

Edit to remove double post!

[edit on 30/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Why do you people seem to WANT a mass evacuation to occur? Because you want to be right so bad and say "I told you so" to all those darn factual people that you dont mind millions dying and being displaced?

Bizarre.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

since when is a hurricane so #ing serious??
and if it is how would u like a few full of oil??
u dont hink that would lead 2 a bigger evac??maybe?? juust maybe??

i ve read at least 10 accounts of people who are ACTALLY terrified and whant 2 now when 2 evac?
but i gues they are all crazy and u know all ..
am i wright?
maybe i should call u BRUCE ALMIGHTY

u will soon know who the almighty one really is

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

gladly
why would u put derailing in ur name when were al here suppose 2 be having arguments that contribute somthing
also u keep putting words in my mout also a commen tactic among u people
i just put 2 and 2 together really

Disraeli was a famous English Statesman, Writer and Politician.

Do your parents know you are on ATS!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

why would u put derailing in ur name

A contribution to your education;

"Benjamin Disraeli, 1804-1881
Earl of Beaconsfield,
Conservative Prime Minister 1868 and 1874-80.
Laid foundations of the modern Conservative party, author of many popular political novels."

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

since when is a hurricane so #ing serious??
and if it is how would u like a few full of oil??
u dont hink that would lead 2 a bigger evac??maybe?? juust maybe??

i ve read at least 10 accounts of people who are ACTALLY terrified and whant 2 now when 2 evac?
but i gues they are all crazy and u know all ..
am i wright?

Good gracious man I live in Miami and whole portions of the city have been destroyed and scores of people have lost their lives in hurricanes to hit this city in the past.

Are you really this ignorant of how dangerous and devestating hurricanes can be, a Category 4-5 does the same damage as an atomic bomb, wiping out every structure in it's path with winds that sometimes top 185 miles per hour.

You think you can stand up in 185 mile an hour winds, what do you think happens when a pebble hits you at 185 miles an hour, or a tree branch?

Are you really this ignorant of how deadly hurricanes can be?

If so you might want to master the knowledge of a very well known quality like hurricanes before moving on to theories regarding oil spills.

Thanks.

[edit on 30/6/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

good 4 u

u people really like 2 play us 4 fools
but i see wright through ur flower ass

Too funny, you are conversing with one of the site’s preeminent conspiracy theorists.

You might want to check people’s profiles and posting histories before attempting to create slanderous personal attacks on them simply because they actually read the same article, and understood it pertains to hurricane evacuations and who understands what normal evacuation procedures are in ANY hurricane.

Seriously you really ought to read the terms of service, you have violated them numerous times now in your past several posts.

Then read up on hurricanes, and do an internet search on the area that includes 17 counties in Texas where the hurricane may make landfall that the evacuations are taking place from in low lying coastal areas and flood zones.

Then look at the map and see how far away it is from the Oil Spill!

Then you could actually interact in your own thread in a rational and intelligent way.

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

That is kind of crazy. I mean, if someone is terrified about hanging around, why would they need to ask someone else when to evacuate? Who needs permission to leave town? Are we talking about people on house arrest with ankle bracelets? Do they need permission to leave the state down there whenever they so desire? If people are so terrified, just get out now, and beat the mad last minute rush.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

But, you have to admit that riding out a cat 2 or less can be quite fun.

I still remember Rita, over 100 people died on the highways trying to evacuate. A child was backed over and killed among the stopped cars on the highway. Traffic was jammed and not moving for hours at a time, people were out of food, water, and fuel, some roasted alive in the heat and humidity.

Personally, if I were in the path, I would either leave very soon, or just ride it out.

Unless you have a secret escape route, an evacuation can possibly be much worse than the storm itself.

Especially in an area where MILLIONS may have to be evacuated.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Oh I very much enjoy a good storm, and never evacuate even though I live in a mandatory evacuation area.

I have even driven and kept appointments during a weak category III a few years back.

When you do get into a Category 4 or 5 that is the 'hand of god' as far as destruction and those are not fun to ride out.

Grown men who survived portions of Andrew here at Category 5, cry like babies when they talk about what they went through that night and the fear and destruction and death that resulted.

People who have been through a 4 or 5 tend to be far more cautious there after than people who have been in 1, 2's and threes.

Yet even in the smaller storms just like here on ATS there is a lot of fear mongering by the forecasters who often get a kickback from the home improvement centers, that sell tons of plywood, duct tape, and other emergency supplies as people either through caution or fear take those precautions.

I love a good storm, they are awesome to behold, nature in its powerful fury, but I also respect and understand how powerful and frightening than can be to others.

I don't think the Original Poster has a clue when it comes to that aspect of Hurricanes, or really any aspect of Hurricanes.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Can I jump in here real quick. I would love to say that you live in one of the most beautiful places in the USA. I have family there and love to visit as much as possible especially the beach(topless of course). Okay now to what I was going to say and that maybe the OP misunderstood the way the article was written. I can see how that may have happened, amd then again maybe he did understand it I can see how that could might have happened though. Thats all I have to say. Oh yeah one last thing this is off topic but how do you think the Dolphins are gonna do this year. I enjoy trying to get down and catch a game with the brother in law. Sorry I got off topic just wondering wether it would be worth it to catch a game this year. And you are right about trying to ride out a hurricane it dang sure is not fun at all. It can take some time off your life when you are in the middle of a large one like Andrew was.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Well the beach at Haulover is legally completely nude, so why not go botomless as well?

For some strange reason I live amazingly close by

It is beautiful here, and it makes me sad to think that the oil might end up ruining the beach, and no I don't rule out that it's possible that areas might have to be evacuated because of the oil and the chemicals.

That just is not what is happening in relation to these Hurricane related evacuations.

The Dolphins are at a disadvantage because it is a pleasant warm weather city, and the cold weather teams from less pleasant much colder cities are just well full of a lot more pent up agression.

The club tries to spend the money for some decent talent but once the Pittsburgh Steelers made it down here for their first Miami Superbowl in the 70's they ended up getting the same quality blackmarket drug connections that gave the Dolphins an edge a couple years before.

So unless Miami becomes home to a new performance enhancing drug, I don't think they will ever have parity with the cold weather cities.

Let's face it would you rather be at your swimming pool with Bikini clad girls, working on your tan, or banging into other guys on the football field!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join