It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchins ridicules hypothesis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
When I first read Zecharia Stichins books some years ago I found the story’s contained within them fascinating and wonderful, the whole idea that ETs had once walked with us.

Then as time progressed and I started to think more deeply upon the story contained within those books the more holes I could see. Some of the facts on second consideration didn’t make Scientific or logical sense.
Eventually I arrived at where I am now, finding Stichins story completely ridiculous and based on a totally illogical hypothesis.
We often accept things on face value, just accept things without engaging our own brains and really thinking about what we are being told. We are swept away and enchanted by the whole story that it blinds us, we fail to use our own brains.

Here are just a few points I would like to raise for your consideration:

1,According to the story presented the annunaki who were extraterrestrials came to our planet in search of Gold to repair the atmosphere of their dieing planet.
Do you know how heavy gold is? Have you ever lifted a lump of lead? If you have ever lifted a lump of lead you will know its bloody heavy stuff and gold is even heavier!

If you were to grind the gold up even into the finest talc powder and release the dust into the upper atmosphere it would fall back to the surface of the planet in a matter of hours.
What would you do then? Would you go and sweep it all up and repeat the process?
The whole idea is stupid! Added to the following point you will see that such a radiation shield would not even be needed in the first place.

2, Planet Neribu is presented to us as a planed orbiting our sun on a widely elliptical orbit, what does that mean to you?
It means that at has terrible weather conditions, actually the weather conditions on that planet would be so bad that life would be impossible!
One extreme of that planets weather would be when it is way out in space far away from our sun. Its pitch dark as there is no sun and it’s bloody cold actually its colder they you can possibly imagine, a frozen planet.
If you take a look at the orbit of planet X you will see that at one extreme it is way out past Neptune. It means its far colder and darker then Neptune!
Neptune’s atmosphere has a temperature of around -218 degrees C, that’s quite a few degrees colder then your ice box, and planet X would be far colder then Neptune!
Its probably so cold that gases would be liquid on that planet, the blood in your veins would freeze solid. If you breathed the atmosphere even for a second your lungs would be frozen solid.

At the other extreme it would have temperatures like our planet but due to the gravitational stress imposed on the planet due to its eccentric orbit it would have a highly unstable surface.

Considering the above do you think life could exist or even evolve on such a planet?
Now ask yourself the question why do they need the gold radiation shields anyway?

3, We were genetically engineered as mine workers to dig for the gold which is needed because Neribu is too hot haha.

Well let’s think about this, at what age do you think a human male would be physically strong enough to dig in a gold mine?
He would have to be past puberty anyway as such work requires muscle. Shall we say at the minimum he would have to be 12-14 years old.
So the ETs have got to wait 14 years for this creature they created to be old enough to start work. During all that time they are going to feed, cloth and teach that creature.
From my recollection of sitchins work the first prototype human was useless so they had to kill it. I think it was third time lucky with us.
So very roughly 14 years for the first prototype and it was a failure, 14 years for the second mark 2 and it was a failure then 14 years fore our ancestor Adam.
Adam was successful so then they had to then use Adams genetics to produce the first batch of workers, another 14 years. 14 X 4 = 56 years minimum they waited for the first batch of humans….wouldn’t you think they would just go build themselves a robot?

Can you afford to just sit down and wait 56 years when your poor planet (which is frozen solid) needs its much needed radiation shield to block out the terrible Sun?
We haven’t even taken into consideration how long they had to study and research before the geneticists could make the first prototype.

Lets say I now find Z sitchins story complete stupidity. I wouldn’t get too worried about aliens coming from planet Neribu if I were you, if it exists it’s a lifeless chunk of frozen rock. At most we should be worried about junk falling off that rock as it passes us.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by LUXUS]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well sorry to say, on here most topics of discussion are not too well thought out and more fishy than 5th ST. on a hot Sunday afternoon. Conspiracies eh?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
well, with anti Gravity and levitation devices, the weight of the gold wouldnt be a problem, like the stones at Baalbek weigh alot more than some lumps of gold.

but, as with you, I learned that Sitchins work may as well be truth mixed with fiction to redicule some stories of our past, it could very well be that Anu's just were earthlings but more advanced than us back then, and now ofcourse.

It is like with the Hopi's tales of Dancing stars and folks coming down and have BBQ with them etc.

..Who knows who's right or wrong, lies are every where....

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Zecharia Stichin is a science-fiction writer, and not a particularly good one. Read Art Clarke for the good stuff...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

When I first read Zecharia Stichins books some years ago I found the story’s contained within them fascinating and wonderful, the whole idea that ETs had once walked with us.

Do you really read ZECHARIA SITCHIN books (not Stichin)?
If so, very superficial, because you don't know neither his exact name.

May be "your" Zecharia Stichin is not the real ZECHARIA SITCHIN...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The way I see it is that there was a race of "humans" back then who were far more advanced then the other races upon the planet. Those other races regarded them as super humans and because the went around in flying machines perhaps they thought they came from another planet.
Unlike now when we tend to share knowledge they did not, so the advanced stayed advanced and the primitives stayed primitive.
Its not so hard to believe, even now there are tribes on this planet who are primitive technologically speaking.
It was not a time of equality or a time to share with brother man.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Why you, I can tell your really keen, mind like a razor blade.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Me too, friend, Stichin and von Däniken intrigued me to no end when I first read them. In those days there were not a lot of UFO/Alien books, and this was before the Internet.
(sounds funny to say that, doesn't it?) Both writers informed the masses that we are quite simply not alone in the universe. Later on, having my own experiences, I came to realize the vast cover-up that was going on about them. I refer you to The Terra Papers.

Then as time progressed and I started to think more deeply upon the story contained within those books the more holes I could see. Some of the facts on second consideration didn’t make Scientific or logical sense.
Eventually I arrived at where I am now, finding Stichins story completely ridiculous and based on a totally illogical hypothesis.

That may be true for you, but I just cannot discount everything they said on the books as being false, or wrong. These men spent their adult lives in the study and research that produced these books. You see, no one has all of the information. All have a little, some have a lot, and nobody has it all. Ever heard of compartmentalization? I think the Annunaki are but one of the many species that visited Earth back then, I think the Pleiadians were here, the Sirius Race, the Feline Race, the Reptile Race, all were represented. How egotistic is it to even think we are all alone, created by an unknow, unseen being?

We often accept things on face value, just accept things without engaging our own brains and really thinking about what we are being told. We are swept away and enchanted by the whole story that it blinds us, we fail to use our own brains.

So right you are. Christians and Muslims are a good example of this, believing what they are told, and what is in their books, and never really engaging their brain and logic to the subject matter at hand. I have been enchanted by stories in books, I know how easy it is.

According to the story presented the annunaki who were extraterrestrials came to our planet in search of Gold to repair the atmosphere of their dieing planet.
Do you know how heavy gold is? Have you ever lifted a lump of lead? If you have ever lifted a lump of lead you will know its bloody heavy stuff and gold is even heavier!

I believe this is a cover story, the real reason is they liked it for jewelery, just like humans like it for that purpose. Gold belongs to the Gods, doesn't it? Also, the ingestion of powdered gold has many health benefits...www.asc-alchemy.com...

Planet Neribu is presented to us as a planed orbiting our sun on a widely elliptical orbit, what does that mean to you?
It means that at has terrible weather conditions, actually the weather conditions on that planet would be so bad that life would be impossible!

What you say is impossible is based on Earth physics and knowledge. what if the Annunaki do not live on the surface, but rather in a hollowed out planet, a terra-formed world? I can visualize Nibiru as a large failed Star, black in color and emitting infared microwaves. It is a world for several, or even many different species inside, for the Star is quite large, about three times bigger than Earth. When it was here last, it is no wonder people saw it as "heaven," and those who came down from it as "Gods."

One extreme of that planets weather would be when it is way out in space far away from our sun. Its pitch dark as there is no sun and it’s bloody cold actually its colder they you can possibly imagine, a frozen planet.

Again, as a failed Star, it would emit it's own heat source, and even in outer space may need some kind of air conditioning or cooling system inside. Earth stays warm because of the close proximity to a Star, doesn't it?

We were genetically engineered as mine workers to dig for the gold....

Yes, that is the reason the Annunaki wanted us to be. That was their meaning, and their agenda. The original IGGI rebelled, and something has to be done.

I am sorry that you find a few things wrong with a theory, and from then on you discount every part of the theory. I too have found several inconsistencies, but I have discovered a lot of truth there too. As in all theories. My mindset is dynamic, as opposed to static. My mind has a file system, and files are read and written, deleted and recovered as time goes on, and more information is input. I have some files that are unchanged for many years, and some change daily. I have Ideas, not Beliefs. One is static, the other dynamic.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I can't claim to have read any of Stichin's books, although I do feel that I am pretty well versed on the subject and I would like to offer some explanations to the queries posed in your thread.

First, I agree that, according to Stichin's theories, the Annunaki came here in search of gold which they needed in order to repair their atmosphere on Nibiru. What I don't remember is any mention of the process in which the gold would be utilized as an agent to make these atmospheric repairs, much less any mention of grinding them and dispersing them into the air.

Isn't it possible that the gold was needed as a crucial element in order to enable another device to make repairs to their atmosphere? Much like we use gold for electronic circuitry and connections in computers and numerous other devices here on earth, quite extensively I might add.

I have also read several theories that regard the gold atom as a crucial element in the production, or should I say reception, of zero point energy.

Second, Just because the alleged orbit of Nibiru takes it far out into the cold void of space doesn't necessarily mean that it is incapable of supporting life.

First of all, I believe that Nibiru is supposed to be accompanied by a dwarf or brown star which could provide some necessary heat even if by no other means than it's gravitational pull on Nibiru, as well as other possible explanations.

Have you ever read any of the "Hollow Earth" theories or the recent news releases from the ESA regarding Phobos? How about the Hopi indian legends of living underground for generations here on earth.

IMO, It may be that our natural assumption that all intelligent life must reside on the surface of a planet may turn out to be quite short sided.

Third, regarding your theory that no one would want to wait a staggering 56 years to produce slaves capable of efficiently performing their task, I would suggest that you read the "Terra Papers" by Robert Morning Sky.

One of the first things that one realizes while reading this story is that time, as we think of it, is no limitation when viewing our universe on a larger scale. 56 years is nothing more than a nano second in cosmic time and any highly evolved civilization would know this. They stand by and wait while entire solar systems are formed, do you really think that 56 years would dampen their spirits?

Not to mention the fact that almost every ancient civilization known to man speaks of visitations from ET's in their cultural and spiritual teachings, including the Mayans, the Incas, the Hindus, the Buddhist, the Egyptians, and even the American Indian.

I'm not saying that I am convinced of any of these theories one way or the other but until we learn to open our minds to all the possibilities, we may end up overlooking the truth. I do not believe that we are alone in this universe or even in our galaxy. The odds for the existence of other intelligent life are overwhelming and undeniable.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm brand new to the site and this is my 1st reply of many but would like to say that I like the defense Sitchin is receiving here and the way in which its being presented. Its true that he may not be right about a lot of the little details he has compiled in all 12 of the 500+ page books he has written over the last 34 years but his main "theories" have been more than plausible. I've read all of his books and am very familiar with his work so will be drawn to topics related to he and his "theories".

I just bought his 13th book, "There were Giants Upon the Earth" 2 days ago and haven't had time to begin reading it. By comparison though I can tell its much shorter than his usual books and I believe is suppose to mostly be a generalized summary of the information he has already provided in The Earth Chronicle, basically for new readers, those uninformed as of yet. In the past few years he has begun referring the readers to his previous books in his newer books more and more. No need to be repeating yourself when its already published, can't argue with that..

Without going into your main beefs though, such as reminding that gold could be very useful to all sorts of ET's due to it being the best conductor of electricity known to man as well as the softest metal, I'm just going to go read his new book and get back to you.
- 1/2

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Firstly I cant imagine aliens coming to Earth for metal to make Jewellery, if they are spiritually advanced like some Earthlings that usually results in not requiring unnecessary material possessions.

Considering that they are concerned with repairing their atmosphere of Neribu wouldn't that indicate to you that they live and breath on the surface of the planet?

Gravitational stress heating, lets consider they live below ground then. Due to the widely elliptical orbit of that planet the gravitational stress on the body would be immense. We can expect the surface (and interior) to be unstable with many earthquakes to release the great gravitational stresses in the crust.

If the planet is hollow as you now say then there will be no centralised heat source as such a planet would have no core, therefore very little internal heat "core" heating.

It would also be freezing cold in the interior of such a planet.

On the subject of time being irrelevant to such a highly evolved species, every species has a life span so time is of some importance. Time only stands still or passes slowly for those permanently located in a craft which has warped the space-time , now are we saying actually they don't live in the planet but a star ship?

I never read any scientific information about Gold being a receptor of Zero point energy and I have read a few books on that topic.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
wow,well put,. i liked the way you have compared all scientifically possible versus impossible events. s&f

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hey LUXUS, I've never read the books but read some sites that give the gist of it

1. I think the gold could be used a catalyst for some sort of chemical reaction. Using it this way could explain it repairing their atmosphere.

3. I don't think that ET's would have to wait for us to be 14 before they decide we were no good. I'd guess they would have a fair idea about our development at a much younger age, especially if what I read was true and they used some of their DNA to make us. They could compare our progress to that of themselves and the monkeys they made us from (assuming the rest of the DNA was monkeys).

2. I think this is where you debunk the theory pretty well. If their home planet was on the orbit described I agree that it would be very unlikely to harbour life.

It could be argued that life may have evolved in some very weird way, some bacteria can survive freezing and even some crickets can survive freezing solid, then thawing out again and it doesn’t worry them at all. It would certainly cut the chances of life evolving in such an environment but doesn’t rule it out.
I guess other people could argue that they came to planet as an advanced civilisation and had the tech to ride out such temperature differences, but if they did, why choose a crazy planet and not just simply call Earth home? I guess another theory could be that they come from another planet in our solar system, and use Nibiru or whatever to transport them between planets. I.e if they come from Mars, they jump from Mars to Nibiru when it’s closest, then from Nibiru to Earth when they are closest it could save fuel if you are very patient. I’m just trying to come up with logical arguments here as I can’t find any evidence for or against.....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Sitchin's books, ideas, theories have the whole academic plethora shaken basically because it touches the very root and foundation of our belief in creation, belief in god/creator and the meaning of our existense.
in the 70's where only the trekkies had laptops, the books written by ZS,VD and other outsiders were a welcome relief from the stereotype information coming from the status quo.
Theories are theories, ideas are ideas and if you think it is implausible or just plain ridiculous, then drop it.
for me the ideas from the books they authored opened up a lot (even cans of worms).
and yet there is no more closer than the truth that yes we are not alone.
in this vast universe, it is more humbling to acknowledge the existense of beings other than us than to stubbornly propagate the we are the only creatures created by a GOD and that we are at the center of all of this.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by enkira

and why gold? ZS interpretation from the sumerian text why they the annuakis need gold may be wanting but here is some interesting notes i can share with you... please check this http add...
www.thirdeyeconcept.com...
this will surely clarify some issues of why they needed gold.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
there are complicate reasons for that

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I completely agree with the OP. Good thread.

However, you might want to correct the typo in the thread title, "Zecharia Sitchins ridicules hypothesis" indicates that there are multiple Sitchins who are making fun of someone elses hypothesis.

I think you mean - "Zecharia Sitchin's Rediculous Hypothesis".

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I think obviously the ptb must have people like this working for them, and i think he puts out disinfo. I think jordan maxwell knows alot of the real story regarding this stuff and him.

But op is right i think too its alot of him playing on peoples fantasies.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I like ZS books, but I question about 10% of his 'research'. I have seen some of the works he puts in his books in the Sumerian tablets. There is one thing that brings me in an eye opener and that is why does the creator of all or GOD care about one color of a race. I always see in his books that the white race seems to be always saved or has more important to the Anunnaki gods. But yet I can't find his source on this so called Galzu character that GOD or the true creator of all sent to protect the race. Bleh this makes me sound like a racist. I am just questioning his motives on this because of how in ZS version of the story how Ziusudra was born.

The first born humans were the color of the ground which would of been reddish brown like the Iraqies or native americans. None of the tablets mention noah's color at all. I have read most of the tablets released by Oxford University. I can barely find any Assyrian, Akkadian, or Babylonian tablet translations.

But I am having fun reading these tablets other than ZS works.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
gold is the best known conductor of electricity....period.
you could spin an entire planet out of it if you had enough and have the best energy shield once you started running power through it. kinda like a bug zapper...lol

if nothing else sitchen gave me hope of a cooler reality, other than that boring slow bible story that really makes no sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join