It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism - The cowards way

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Thanks for the update, I was completely unaware that different breeds have their own traits and tendencies. < sarcasm >
I'm not sure if you're a dog owner or not, but i've never met any two dogs of the same breed that act exactly the same. Indeed, from my experiences each dog is quite unique. Btw, you must've missed my reference to cats as well, which are a totally different ballgame when compared to dogs. I was making a point, which you obviously understood....but I guess you just couldn't help yourself, eh?? Thanks for staying on topic btw

Edited to add the < sarcasm >.....because some people may not get it.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by mpriebe81]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I do not believe you to be racist for one second... nothing you have said would make me draw that conclusion...

However... i know plenty of people who are NOT racist but sick of talking about race issues... which is fair enough... I was guessing that you fall into this category... which is why i suggested not clicking on the thread!

Apologies for not making this clearer

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I still don't understand. Instead of attacking racism why not discuss what it is , where it comes from , and IF it can be dealt with? Seems the most plausible solution. Getting all emotional and that crap gets in the way of critical thinking and can turn something positive into a negative.

Take a breath. Noone hates you (I think) .

I think racism is an outdated byproduct of evolution that has served its purpose . Now it seems that its loyalty to remain a part of the human element has been nothing but negative for hundreds of years.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

That's a good point you're making there Boon. Perhaps racism is a part of a tribe vs tribe confrontation that must've played out countless times in our distant past.

Building on what you've said here, there also exists the possibility that it's just another "unknown" sort of thing...we seem to fear and despise that which is unknown, kind of a primal survival instinct we must've developed long ago. I can only imagine the first encounters between two different colored peoples...it would undoubtedly elicit a negative reaction from both parties involved. I can only imagine walking somewhere here in my native land and coming across a blue-skinned person....I would be freaking out initially!!
So there you have it, maybe this is the source of a ridiculously outdated and backwards mindset.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What you describe appears to me no more than a grey bland world that would be the elite/coporates wet dream come true.. A world that lacks appeal to me.

The problem I have is that this starts with skin colour and ends with the one size fits all society, I don't feel in the whole process you can seperate the two.

I personally love the differences that each race/culture/society brings to the table of life, and it is a sad thought that one day that might end.

I feel we can learn from even the nasty parts of each race/culture/society to be better people.. but while it is being stage managed, all we end up with is more hate.

I'm sad, not becuase of it happening, but because in the end this would happen to suit a forced agenda rather than natural progression.

If it was natural then I would welcome such a transition... But to be honest the chances of this coming about due to natural reasons are slim to say the least.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

to further add to the constructiveness of this little discussion

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

WHat is even weirder is that color has nothing to do with racist thought! Many of the worlds worst racist events are committed against people of the SAME color. That is why I think it may have something to do with group , dialect, access to resources (land), and culture. They seem the most likely candidates for such reasoning.

Any tribe when covered from filth on all sides , sees their compassion fail most often and their hate rise proud and tall.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I don't see how we're really being FORCED to "mix" at all though...perhaps you could enlighten me???

Throughout the centuries, all shapes colors and sizes have been getting together. We are constantly changing, forever mixing and melting together. Cultures will be diluted, destroyed, and lost, as they have been over and over again since the dawn of man. The only real enemy here is time, which will continuously and undeniably erode any and everything(cultures included), but will also see the creation of new cultures, new societies, and new empires.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

To take that point on further, the current economic plight of most countries will further engrain the have and have-nots feeling among all ethnic groups. This could lead to more serious racial issues.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
S@F for you, mostly for your writing. But also because I agree
with you.

The world is a melting pot. I cannot imagine a world
two hundred years from now where race is of consequence.

One day we will all be gone...or we will all be humans.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

You're missing the point....AGAIN.

All rottweilers are not the same. All setters are not the same. All siamese cats have their own personalities. NOW you get it?? It's a simple concept really.

WE are not all the same. I am not the same as every white guy just because i'm white. I'm not the same as every human on the planet just because i'm human. Again, simple concepts.

I really have no idea what you're attempting to prove, other than that you are a very unhappy person. ---->

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Yes, you make another great point!!!

Much of it could be attributed to groups of people who, during hard times, simply need a scapegoat on which to put the blame. It's much easier to blame another group of people than to actually have to take responsibility for what is going on in ones' community.

And Larry, you touched on this very same topic as well....and the climate for such feelings most certainly exist in many parts of the world right now. I'm of the mind that EVERY ethnicity is feeling the pain somewhere in the world at the moment though. Hopefully we are beyond blaming each other instead of taking responsibility. Doubtful, but it remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

the "purebreed/pureblood" ideology is at the heart of both dog breeding and racism. all im saying is dogs are a bad example, as they are one of the most eugenically manufactured creatures in existence.

individualism (if thats what your talking about) works with any creature so maybe any other example would have been better...(i.e...hippos?)

its really not that big a deal. forget i mentioned it.

:eta: even the term "mut" is used for both dogs and humans.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

And because of this now is as good a time as any to put differences to one side and help each other out of the mess we are in. But that would be utopian thinking. You are right, we need to be cautious of the blame game.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

A very good point...

I believe that this sort of ostracising is normally nothing but jealousy... People want excuses for their own failures, so they look to those that have succeeded in life and claim that the only reason they have succeeded because they have somehow sold out their cultural identity... They then claim that their own failures are simply due to “not selling out"

Turns their negative in to a positive but misses the point of excepting their own life as a failure and therefore doing something about it!!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have a niece in Arkansas who is now married to a black man, she is white and from a white family of which many are racists. They have moved to Illinois and are quite happy, and expecting a child soon... I am sure they can both tell you about the racism on both sides of their respective families. They have been "excommunicated" from both families.

Not all of us are opposed, but the racism and hatred is pretty much equal on both sides.

For me the most frustrating aspect of racism recently besides the above would be how race is used as a dis qualifier to anyone, or any group opposed to or highly critical of our president's agendas.

Sure, there are racists who hate having a man of color in office, but millions of white people voted for him as well.

It seems that even when we aren't, we are all racists, like it or not.

I suppose it is human nature, if we didn't have skin color to divide us we'd find something else to hate.

The human race will never advance beyond our violent nature and bitter divisions, wars etc.. Until we finally find a way to rise above the ignorance of racism in all forms.

One race:

The human race!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

To be honest....if all white people somehow disappeared....i would not want to live in this world.

The simple truth is i would be angry and sad....possibly even despondent. Its not about any hate i have for other races. Im fine being friends with blacks,asians,hispanic and the like.

But the simple truth is.....im white and i want white people around me.
Yes i know we are all humans and all that jazz.....but still....im white. i want a white wife. i want a white child.

Does that mean if i had the choice to save a white or black person i would pick the white over the black? no.

I know you are in a interracial relationship. And thats fine FOR YOU.

But the truth is i dont find black people appealing in anyway other then friendship. In fact to be quite honest i find african features to be quite ugly...in a sexual way.

You may find your wife that is black beautiful and sexually appealing...but to tell you to truth i would probably find her unappealing in every sense other then friendship.

Does that make me racist? i hope not....because if it does i dont give a flying crap.

Im proud to be white. Im proud of my race and i dont want it to just disappear into the void.

I want european features to stick around.

Thats why i personally wish people would stay within there own race....no offense. Because i think every race has unique certain features that should be kept around that would disappear through interbreeding.

I like blonde and red hair.I like blue and green eyes. I like smooth brow bones and the sharp cheekbone features of european ancestry.

I dont find caramel or black skin attractive. I like pale or tanned skin.

I like smooth or curly hair. I dont like 'nappy' hair that is commonly found in african ancestry.

I love my european culture.

Am i to abandon all of this because blacks and others say i should be ashamed? why is it that they can be proud of there race and i cannot be proud of my own?

Experts agree that the white race or those of european ancestry will be extinct or close to it by the end of the century because of our low birth rate(which i blame on feminism and the media)and massive immigration from other ethnicities into europe and north america.

Am i racist because i dont want this to happen? Am i racist because i dont want the white race to die out? Should i be ashamed because of this fact i want people to stay within there own race? Should i feel ashamed because i want white people to have more babies(with other whites)?

Should i feel elated that red hair and blue eyes will die out because people like you want me to feel ashamed because i like white features and find african and other races features unappealing?

Once again i stress that it has NOTHING to do with hate. I dont find white features 'superior'. Its just a personal preferance.....and i dont want my personal preferance to die out because a bunch of africans are butthurt over a thing that happened 200 years ago.

Im sorry....that i dont feel sorry or ashamed.

Im sorry....that im not sorry that i like european features more then african,asian,or hispanic.

White people of european ancestry have a right to life and pass on there genes. Put us on the endangered list for gods sake already.If this somehow makes me racist....sign me up to the KKK then(sarcasm).

[edit on 30-6-2010 by proudcaptalist]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You are correct and make some very good points...

Especially regarding the Obama issue...

I have seen many people who question Obama and his policy’s... I don’t believe them to be racist no more than i thought those that hated Bush were racist...

Although im sure there are haters on both sides that have racism as their motivation.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by proudcaptalist

Thank you very much for an extremely honest reply... many people would be to affraid to be that honest

Of course you are entitled to your opinions and, although i do not agree with all of it, i believe that they it is just as important as my own and would never suggests silencing opinions such as yours.

I believe that when people, with similar opinions to you, are boxed into a corner and forced to change; this is when we plant the seeds for real racial hatred.

The only thing i do find insulting is the use of the term "nappy hair"

Afro hair would be far more appropriate... Nappy hair is a term that is used as an insult where i am from... maybe it’s different where you are so except my apologies if this is the case...

The main difference between your way of thinking and my way of think is that i truly only see one race... skin colour means very little to me when compared to something like culture.

You may find your wife that is black beautiful and sexually appealing...but to tell you to truth i would probably find her unappealing in every sense other then friendship.

Does that make me racist? i hope not....because if it does i dont give a flying crap.

No more than it makes me racist for not being attracted to Blondes

We are ALL entitled to our own sexual preferences... nothing wrong with that.

My culture is something i would be sad to see die out... but i wouldn’t be angry because i am realistic enough to know that ALL cultures die out eventually.

If people are still eating pie n mash and having a glass of pimms, while watching the Tennis, in 100 years time i'll be happy... whatever their colour

Edit to comment on this quote...

Thats why i personally wish people would stay within there own race....no offense. Because i think every race has unique certain features that should be kept around that would disappear through interbreeding.

Do you honestly think that races can be kept "pure" ??

Look at human history... From the time that our distant relatives migrated out of Africa to the present day, the human race is constantly changing...

To wish for a racial halt on change reminds of the story about the Dutch boy with his finger in the dam...

Also... i believe that to attempt prevent any changes within the human race would amount to stagnation and, in the long term, be detrimental to human health...

Peace

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by proudcaptalist

Thank you very much for an extremely honest reply... many people would be to affraid to be that honest

Of course you are entitled to your opinions and, although i do not agree with all of it, i believe that they it is just as important as my own and would never suggests silencing opinions such as yours.

I believe that when people, with similar opinions to you, are boxed into a corner and forced to change; this is when we plant the seeds for real racial hatred.

The only thing i do find insulting is the use of the term "nappy hair"

Afro hair would be far more appropriate... Nappy hair is a term that is used as an insult where i am from... maybe it’s different where you are so except my apologies if this is the case...

The main difference between your way of thinking and my way of think is that i truly only see one race... skin colour means very little to me when compared to something like culture.

No more than it makes me racist for not being attracted to Blondes

We are ALL entitled to our own sexual preferences... nothing wrong with that.

My culture is something i would be sad to see die out... but i wouldn’t be angry because i am realistic enough to know that ALL cultures die out eventually.

If people are still eating pie n mash and having a glass of pimms, while watching the Tennis, in 100 years time i'll be happy... whatever their colour

Edit to comment on this quote...

Do you honestly think that races can be kept "pure" ??

Look at human history... From the time that our distant relatives migrated out of Africa to the present day, the human race is constantly changing...

To wish for a racial halt on change reminds of the story about the Dutch boy with his finger in the dam...

Also... i believe that to attempt prevent any changes within the human race would amount to stagnation and, in the long term, be detrimental to human health...

Peace

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Muckster]

Yes i know that eventually we will all be of one color and feature....and i hate that. I just dont want my european features to disappear. It makes me pissed really. Its not hate. Its just im going through several stages of grief at the moment because i know its inevitable.

Im just glad i will be most likely dead by that time.

I dont want to live in a world where white babies are not crawling around.

I just think its natural instinct. I know overall i belong to the human SPECIES. But after that i belong to the white race.

Is it any different from us trying to conserve polar bears and other endangered species?

Im just trying to conserve my own race really.

I dont hate any other race....i just want MY race to be here in 100 years. I dont want to be a minority in the country my european ancestors founded and fought for. I dont want europe to become islamic/african state.I just want my race to survive. That is all. I just dont want people of pale skin or blue eys...blonde hair...red hair....to just disappear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join