It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism - The cowards way

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I’m sick of it... i am sick of listening to the pathetic groaning of racists...

Now, before anyone gets on their high horse... i am NOT talking about racist white people... I’m talking about ALL racist people... Black, White, Asian... whatever... all races have these repugnant little bigots amongst them.

The thing that sickens me the most is the pathetic attempt at denial followed by justification...

“I’m not racist, I just don’t want them ***insert any race here*** living in my town”

“I’ve got no problem with them, as long as one doesn’t try and marry my daughter”

That type of thing...

I have been lucky enough to have a very mixed social circle... I have friends who are Black, White, Asian, Oriental... We have no problems.

The one trend that i find is that, 9 times out of 10, racist attitudes come from those who live in isolated racial groups either through geographical location or because of personal choice (I’ve known racist who live in multi-cultural areas but refuse point blank to get to know anyone of a different race)

Many of their opinions are formulated from the mass media scare mongering or from the rumours and whispers that cultural isolation brings about.

Although this is not saying that people who live in racial isolation, due to geographical location, are racist... just that Racist can often be from isolated regions... It sounds the same but there is a difference.

My wife is black and i am white. We have been unfortunate enough to experience racism in the past... One example was from a group of black Women who used to work at the same company as my wife and I...

“Why don’t you get yourself a nice Black man”

And

“Sorry but i just don’t agree with it”

Are some of the pathetic comments made by these losers...

What the hell has OUR life got to do with THEM!!!

My wife has always been sharp and so would always have a quick and cutting retort...

These Black women were of African descent and would often spend the personal time associating with other Africans... African clubs, African Churches (the hypocrites) and African friends.

This is the problem... With the exception of geographical isolation (which can’t be helped) why choose to cut yourself off from the rest of the human race just because of a few cultural differences??

Don’t get me wrong... i have NO problem with people hanging around with people of their own race... and i don’t expect everyone to be forced into some libertarian multi cultural utopia where we all listen to Bob Marley songs while discussing the one armed lesbian arm wrestling championship (although that wouldn’t be so bad
) Nor do i expect us to lose our sense of humour (The issue of race is one that is always joked about in my family)

It’s just this pathetic fear of those who are different... and then the ridiculous stories that are invented to justify those fears...

Another big problem for me, as i just touched on, is this forced liberalism... These do-gooders who have often strolled straight out of university with no “real life” experience but full of idealisms... and in fairness to them, often good idealisms...
But this starts to get twisted and distorted as they make it their sole purpose in life to create the multicultural utopia i mentioned before... rather than just letting people settle down together, at their own pace, they try to force people together.... force them to enjoy other cultures... and this then creates resentment, for nobody likes being told what to like... These do-gooders can often do more harm than good by actually expanding gaps that were already there (gaps that would probably have closed if left alone)

I’ve often wondered if these do-gooders are actually far-right spies... placed in local government to actually stir up racial divided (such is the stupidity of some of their decisions)

One of my cousins kids had their Christmas play cancelled in favour of a multicultural dance show!!

Idiots...

But even more stupid is the people who then, after seeing decisions like this, go on to attack people of different ethnic backgrounds... The people who should be attacked are the ones who made a stupid decision... NOT an entire race of people!!!

I don’t know... it’s such a difficult issue to discuss, but one that should be so simple. We are all people, we all have the ability to love, hate, laugh, cry and bleed.

To finish this... i have a rather controversial question for you to think about...

If in the future, due to breeding, there were no more people of your colour... Would you be Sad, Angry or indifferent?

Dont just think of an answer... think about why you choose the answer!

Peace!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Although I agree with everything you said, asking people not to define themselves by what they look like is akin to asking them not to be angry anymore. It's a tribe mentality. That's not to say it isn't dated- but it's just a fact of life.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Indifferent, it does not matter to me what color the next person is as long as we are good to each other.When we are not good to eachother the other person doesn't matter (personally) either way so it's a non issue.
I have been brought up in multi-cultural society and enjoyed all aspects of different religions and people. It doesn't matter to me if the next person is a Christian or Muslim.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Nice RANT

So in summary:

Racism = Bad.
Not hating people because of their skin colour/race = Good.

If in the future, due to breeding, there were no more people of your colour... Would you be Sad, Angry or indifferent?

Indifferent.

[edit on 30/6/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I had an interesting experience last night at the grocery store. I'm white and I get behind a Hispanic family in line at the checkout. They have 2 very small children, both filthy but cute. I smile at the kids and they smile back and the little girl points her lollipop at me. Well, the father at the back of the cart looks like a gangster; headband/tattoos and he's wearing shorts and a tank top. I'm thinking "this guy looks plenty shady".
At this point I begin having an internal debate "am I a racist for judging this guy?". "No, I'm not, I just smiled at the kids - I'm not racist". Well, as I move up closer in line I notice he's packing a revolver in his left shorts pocket ( I can see the end of the grips and the blued backstrap).
So the question pops into my head "is this guy gonna hold up the store?". Odds are no, not with a wife and 2 little kids. Anyhow, I carry concealed so I think "wth, even if it DOES happen I'm right behind him".
Of course nothing happened. They paid with foodstamps and as they left the store the little girl waved bye to me.
Racism? It's all in our heads. Logic and past experience tell us things and situations to watch out for but those don't make us racists, they make us survivors.
Good rant Muckster. I can see where your life has seen more than it's fair share of racist treatment. Hopefully, the world our kids inherit will be without it.

A world without people of different skin color would make me sad. I love our differences! The world would be bland without them.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

How is this a rant??

Sure there are parts of this topic thast make me angry... but there are lots of threads on ATS, that are not rants, but make people angry...

BP oil Spill
Global Warming
Obama

All subjects that provoke emotional threads... are these all rants?? If so... why are you not posting the same reply on those threads???

I dont remember you cutting in to one of the BP threads with...

So in summary:

Oil = Bad.
No oil polluting the ocean = Good.

Sounds a little silly doesn’t it!

rant
v rant [rӕnt]
to talk angrily He's still ranting (and raving) about the damage to his car.

rant - talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner

rant [rænt]
vb
1. to utter (something) in loud, violent, or bombastic tones

I don’t think I’ve been any of these... This is not incoherent angry shouting... this is a massive issue that i wish to see discussed...

Unless of course you just wish to dismiss that which makes you uncomfortable!!!

Very snide little move...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I grew up during segregation and the push for integration. Those who were for segregation gave the same justification that you did. Basically, if we are forced to mingle with themthey'll end up marrying our kids.

I too have had friends of many races. After a while, a person's race means nothing when you get to know the actual person. Children don't see race, they just see another kid. If only we could retain that innocence!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

I can honestly say that it wouldn't bother me AT ALL if there were no more "white" people around. Why did I put "white" in quotations?? Because I myself am a mutt. I look white, sure, but one needs only travel back a handful of generations to find ancestors in my bloodline who happened to be Native American....so you see, I am already in fact a mix.

The whole notion of skin color making us different somehow is pretty laughable at best. As you've clearly demonstrated, any true differences can be attributed to factors such as upbringing, environment, social circles and personal experiences.

The best example that I can think of that these racial divides are ridiculous would be to look at mammals such as cats and dogs....none of them really look exactly the same, they all vary in color and patterns in an infinite number of ways, and yet they will love each other or hate each other based solely on their own personalities and their interactions with each other. In short, you can't judge a book by it's cover!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I am white.
I have a daughter who is a quarter afro-carribean,a daughter who is half afro-carribean and son and daughter who are white.

I don't have an issue with colour.Never have.

I grew up a policemans daughter.And a hairy one at that....i was bullied from about age 4.My best friend since i was 3 was African and together,he and i would battle our way through a 'white' Primary school where all little girls had brown to blonde hair and bald arm's and he was the only black face.
Gorilla girl and chocolate drop,side by side.

Since then,i realised how a lot of people work.Some grew up with it(most actually),it was the way their parents felt.
With some it was age(my grandfather especially).That age group never had a problem with asking if it was true i was going out with a 'darkie'.
And with some it's a fear of the 'unknown'.

It hurt and i couldn't fathom WHY people hadn't seemed to lose this racist streak as they evolved.I have always maintained that it get's easier with every generation but,i really did expect to be entering my 5th generation in different surroundings IYKWIM?I honestly thought we would've reached a stage of acceptance by now.....yet it still breeds.

It's like the bog of eternal stench and i suggest you hold your breath when you're near it.
You be you,and leave them to be them.
You cannot make them understand and change their views,but you can will it to happen for them.

Much love

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Usually when a post opens with...

I’m sick of it... i am sick of listening to the pathetic groaning of racists...

...it's a rant. Nothing wrong with a rant of course, just not in the General Conspiracies Forum.

What the hell has OUR life got to do with THEM!!!

That was a pretty bombastic tone in my opinion, but I'm no expert in bombasticality

It is indeed a massive issue, one that has been discussed at length on these boards, a little search finds many, many threads on racism. This one being the most obvious one.

All I'm saying is this thread belongs somewhere else, most probably Rant, but maybe Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics at a push.

Unless of course you just wish to dismiss that which makes you uncomfortable!!!

Very snide little move...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

the dog analogy was horrible. dog breeds all have their own traits/differences unique to each breed.

whereas i think you were trying to point out the opposite.

link   

I fail to see how this adds anything to the discussion.
Perhaps you are unfamiliar with U2U's??
Apologies, but your posts weren't really necessary.

link   

So, again i ask.... Why have you not interjected any of the other threads that start off with "i'm angry" or other such exclamations of emotion???

I have not seen you on any of the Obama threads (that often sound like a Rant)

Nor have i seen you comment on any of the BP threads that are FULL of emotion (understandably)

My guess is, like i said before, you don’t want to hear this!!!

That’s cool... just don’t click on the thread and you don’t have to!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
My wife is also black and I am white, however I have personally experienced more racism from black people toward us because I'm with a beautiful black woman rather than white people angered at a mixed relationship.

The fact that I am proud to be white often angers a lot of people in the black community I find as well, I have no qualms admitting I'm happy being white, I love my culture, I know my history. I have even spoke about how my ancestors were also slaves (Irish family) when that topic comes up, but no-one wants to know about that. Of course racism disgusts me, but the point I'm making is I feel sometimes some black communities want you to feel bad for being white, and it's as if that's accepted.

I am very aware of the huge white on black racism that occurs today as well don't get me wrong, but I just hate how it always seems acceptable for black people to be racist to white people. For example I got into an argument with a black man last year and he turned around and said "Oh shut up white boy!" so I said "Okay, you shut up first then black boy." Everyone was literally gob-smacked, not at him, but at me, now this guy wanted to state the obvious when telling me to shut up so I did the same, childish I know but I knew what the reaction would be and I just found it ridiculous.

Yes black people have had a harder time in history and even to this day, but that doesn't mean that sly remarks and racism should be accepted toward white people or any other race. The only way to really stop racism is to not accept any form of it at all in my opinion.

The worst form of racism that I see in the UK today is the double negative racism. For example children are being told not to sing bah bah black sheep any more because it could be deemed racist, you're not meant to ask for a black coffee and a black board is a chalk board. This I find to be political correctness gone mad, to actually think that black communities would find these kind of things offensive because the word "black" is used is in a way racist in itself. I'd bet any money that a bunch of white people were sat in a council room or wherever when they decided that these things should not be said, I'd guarantee that most, if not all of them had extremely limited contact with black people in general.

At the end of the day we are all human, discrimination against someone because of their skin, creed or culture seems like an absolutely moronic and disgusting thing to do, but making ridiculous allowances for other races just in case they are offended is in my opinion creating more racism.

Disclaimer: This is an absolutely sporadic rant from a very non-racist white man sick of people worrying that they may actually be racist accidentally... I think.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
and you know what im sick of?

people calling other people racist when they clearly are not. i think that annoys me more than racism itself.

but for some its the only card in their deck...

why? because guilt works.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So what you are saying is that you hate humans? I am sorry but racism is very much apart of our evolution. It is a defense mechanism used to protect territory and genes I think.

Yeah it sucks, but wait it out. Maybe evolution or (god..ew) will get us out of the fix. You may not be racist now but history has shown that cultures facing hardship will turn to be that way.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

In answer to your opening post, I want to be as honest as possible. Have I harboured what could be construed as racist thoughts? Yes, in the heat of the moment I have lambasted immigrant workers in the UK when there has been a direct exchange between myself and them. To clear this up, it was an argument with my ex-girlfriend and I was guilty in saying that I felt like a minority whilst we were living in a particular part of a UK city.

But am I BNP (British National Party) or EDL (English Defence League) material? That is a resounding no. Neither do I think we will ever resolve the race issue until we begin to look at its root cause. Lack of national identity could be a contributing fact. I understand the the above two organizations take this view too, but what does it mean to be British any longer? Whatever way you look at it, 21st Century Britain is a multicultural society, but at the same time the country is divided by the differences of opinion and faith these ethnic groups bring.

I champion multi-ethnicity because it pushes your boundaries of acceptance and beliefs to help you integrate better in what is very quickly becoming a global village. The identity of British people has changed and we need to accept that. Beginning in schools, where children are taught that the fabric of today's society is made up of different coloured skins and creeds. This needs to be further reinforced at home and parents have equal responsibility to allow their childrens' minds to evolve without prejudice.

All of the above is a tall order, but wanted to get it into the ATS melting pot for discussion.

Edit: Typo

[edit on 30-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I also cannot stand certain cultures living up to stereotypical views because they're worried they'll be deemed a phony for some reason.

Many black people would deem my wife to be a "coconut" (excuse the expression) just because she's well manned, quiet, well spoken and well educated. This is a human characteristic, not a white or any other races characteristic, this is simply how someone is and anyone can be any way, personality traits should not be confined to race, it is literally ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

So, again i ask.... Why have you not interjected any of the other threads that start off with "i'm angry" or other such exclamations of emotion???

Trust me, I have.

I have not seen you on any of the Obama threads (that often sound like a Rant)

No you haven't, I wonder why?

Nor have i seen you comment on any of the BP threads that are FULL of emotion (understandably)

I pick and choose my BP threads very carefully, and avoid the ones that are probable rants.

All I am saying is that when I am looking through the General Conspiracies Forum (my favourite one) I don't want to see threads that contain little to no conspiracy. It's not too much to ask is it? You have a right to state your opinions and personal experiences and Racism is a huge issue but unless it is conspiracy based it doesn't belong here.

Maybe you were unlucky because this was the second one I have seen today that I believed to be a rant - the other thread was rightly moved to the Rant Forum. Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and I'm overreacting.

My guess is, like i said before, you don’t want to hear this!!!

I'll 'admit' to being racist if it makes you feel better? But I don't appreciate the implication.

Over and out.

[edit on 30/6/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Ive got no argument with that and addressed many of the issue, you raised, in my OP.

Racism is NOT a white disease... it is an illness that affects the whole of humanity.

I too am proud of my heritage... and this is something that confuses people. Often we are expected to confirm to little stereo types...

Big white skinhead = Racist thug who loves England
White dude with Black woman = liberal softie who hates England

Well i am a big white skinhead, who loves England, and is married to a black woman. I am not a racist thug nor am i a liberal softie, although i do have some liberal tendencies...

This really confuses people

As for black people being racist to white people... this is something that is often steered away from and ignored... It shouldn’t be... Racism is endemic in some elements of the Black community and it MUST be addressed!!

However, some people use this as a reason to be racist themselves... something i don’t agree with!

Attack the criminal and the crime... not the criminal and the race!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join