It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airborn surveillance camera powered by induction from powerlines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Something interesting i found while looking for info on induction.

Power Harvesting: Induction Magic Pulling Energy From the Sky Figuring out how to harness electricity from power lines isn't the only amazing goal that Air Force research lab engineers achieved. They still had a question: Could electronics such as cameras and radio transmitters be fired up by placing them on power lines? That process -- capturing magnetic energy and turning it back into electricity -- is called electromagnetic induction. The answer was "yes," and now that the engineers can harness this energy, they have big plans to power other devices. Using induction is "taking advantage of all the power lines that are available all over the world," says electrical engineer David McDaniel.

Source

Visit the source for the video.

This means they can monitor what is going on from almost anywhere, as long as there are powerlines. To me this seems like a perfect tool for the NWO.
What is stopping them from using it for their own devious plans?

What does ATS think? Could this be a serious threat to privacy?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
'Growers' have been using this trick for yonks to subsidise 1000W grow lamps and the impact they have on your power bill. I can't go into how it's done for obvious reasons however you need wire to flow a current in traditional circuit design...

This is sort of a really really inefficient approach to teslas solutions, instead of using nearly lossless longditudinal waves they are harnessing transverse electromagnetic waves which decrease in power with the square law as distance increases.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
And where do they think the energy comes from? The article is written as to give you the impression it is free. It is not free, it is directly an increase in powerline resistance, and thus loss in transfering the power through that line.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by above

Very good point, infact they are liable for theft as they are causing loss under common law.

Lol good way to self incriminate yourself as govt

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nice thread mate, for years I have read about UFO's that used the electricity from powerlines and thunderstorms.

I think it's safe to say now that they are black projects.

Thanks for the update.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Nice thread mate, for years I have read about UFO's that used the electricity from powerlines and thunderstorms.

I think it's safe to say now that they are black projects.

Thanks for the update.

True that, I've even had the misfortune to be spied on by their robotic fly. We're not supposed to be aware of what they're really capable of though, ignorant masses and all that.

new topics

top topics

join